April workout check in thread - aprilliant workouts here!

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options

I didn't think about the laser eye surgery thing. I had mine done over 10 years ago and I did mention to my eye dr that I was boxing at my last appointment, but he didn't indicate it would be a problem.

I was legally blind. To correct my vision, the Dr had to remove a large amount of my cornea, and now my left eye is very thin. My right eye is fine, but how do you tell an opponent "you can punch me in the face, just avoid my left eye please?" lol. I miss the challenge and haven't quite found another sport to take it's place. Weightlifting is close...
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! This was a great month - lots of new posters. I've been away / only posted once or twice and had a whole detailed post about my killa workout yesterday and then... poof!

So - yay April and yay to lots of PRs in May!
  • bat3girl
    bat3girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advise, i will try again tomorrow. BTW today my cardio was heavy bag punching/ kicking for 35 minute, that gets my heart rate up, it very good cardio and fun.

Oh man do I know this to be truth.

I want to do this once I can get a pair of gloves. I tried bare knuckled and I think I bruised my knuckle. :laugh:

Also get wraps to wear under the gloves , to provide more protection. Not only to protected against bleeding knuckles but broken bones.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good day of lifting today!

Squats: 2x3@45, 1x3@65 5x5@95
    OH press 1x5@45, 5x5@60
    DL 5x5@130

I was sure I would fail on the OH press today but I did it! This finishes week 5 for us. I am very happy with the progress so far! I notice I am stronger lifting things on a daily basis too.
    I passed all the "untrained" strength standards for my weight today. Next week I start concentrating on eating at a deficit more to speed up the weight loss so I don't know how that is going to affect lifting. I guess we will see!
    Lisa
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    MAY Thread started!