May Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kourui
    Kourui Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At first I panicked thinking I was away too long, then realized May 1st was only a few days ago. LOL

May 1st - We took a walk across the walking bridge and back. Although, we were eating ice cream, so sort of counts?
    May 2nd - Missed my bus home and caught a different route, had to walk almost 1 kilometer home
    May 3rd - Lots of running around shopping all day for wedding shower gifts and clothes shopping with my mom and sister. Then going to a wedding social event in the evening. My feet were tired by the end of night!
    Today - After a wedding shower my mom, sister and I went shopping again for shoes this time since I worn mine out yesterday! lol Found some cute white sparkly wedge heels (small heels) and ordered a pair of good walking/work shoes for everyday.
  • loriarty
    loriarty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in even though I'm a few days late, so I don't think I'll actually get the challenge. Is there 28 days left. Can I still make it if I exercise every day including today? Well either way, I'm gonna try and exercise every day.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Starting today you can still get it :)
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Since I didnt write it yesterday :)
    May 1 -0
    May 2 - 5 mins zumba
    May 3- 30 minutes walking at the mall
    May 4-30 minutes walking at the mall again :)
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Julie, I am so with you!! My body has been feeling it with all of this walking. My feet have been swollen and in pain. That first day I only exercised 5 mins!!! But you know what? We are getting it done!! It doesn't matter how much because something is better than nothing! Even those 5 minutes at least weren't spent sitting on my rear lol :smile: You are doing just fine and will be able to do more very soon. We just need to stay persistent. :smile:
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    May 1 - 15,500 steps of walking (at work no less! we had an internal disaster.....had to make a lot of rounds to check on staff)
    May 2- Heavy housework for 3 hours (my weekend here )
    May 3 Light housework for 2 hours (my weekend here )
    May 3 5,000 steps of walking at work
    May 4 5000 steps of walking at work, 10 minutes Cardio with DVD Biggest Loser, plus 25 minutes Kettle Bell using 10 pd bell for Core
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    May 1st - Working... (it was a very long day)
    May 2nd - Vomiting (does that count because I think my chest mussels would have something to say about it)
    May 3rd - Begging to be knocked unconscious ( my chest mussels were right, dry heaving is a workout)

May 4th - 7,240 Steps - 1hr walking 3.23 Miles at 19min/mi for 825kCal
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Julie, I am so with you!! My body has been feeling it with all of this walking. My feet have been swollen and in pain. That first day I only exercised 5 mins!!! But you know what? We are getting it done!! It doesn't matter how much because something is better than nothing! Even those 5 minutes at least weren't spent sitting on my rear lol :smile: You are doing just fine and will be able to do more very soon. We just need to stay persistent. :smile:

Hi Julie,

Have you tired compression socks and/or leggings when walking, they really help with the swelling and recovery time. Plus they make them nice looking for runners now and days.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wooo hooo!!! Look at how fast these numbers are adding up!!! I'm going to do a tally at the end of how many minutes and miles we swam, walked, danced, stretched, marched while putting away clothes, and every other thing we are doing.

I'm so impressed!!!!!

As for joining in late... go for it. I'm going to create some other prize categories so even if you don't make the full 28, you'll have a shot at something!

OH, and today not only did I get my swim in, I TAUGHT an aquasize class for the ladies I am visiting with in Vermont. They were all exhausted tonight and feeling their sore muscles, so I know I did a good job, LOL.
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Karen, Thank you for starting this challenge. Just what I needed.

May 1: I posted this as 20 minutes of dog walking. Actually the goats got out of the pen and I was chasing them around to catch them and get them back in the pen.

May 2: Gardening 60 minutes
    May 3- Dancing 10 minutes
    May4-Housecleaning 20 minutes
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5/01/2014 - 61 minutes NuStep

5/02/2014 - 45 minutes Strength training & 44 minutes Nustep (I was only doing 32 min then got on the phone and went longer)

5/03/2014 - 63 minutes NuStep

5/04/2014 - 64 minutes NuStep

5/05/2014 - 65 minutes NuStep

[/quote]
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No workouts yet, so I'll log my steps so far.

May 1 - 6,059 steps
    May 2 - 5,720 steps
    May 3 - 5,232 steps
    May 4 - 0 (did not wear tracker)
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

May 1st - 30 minute slow walk
    May 2nd - 30 minute mixed walking
    May 3rd - 20 minute slow walk
    May 4th - 30 minute slow walk.
    May 5th - 30 minute mixed marching while doing laundry & 5 mins of stretches, wall press ups and bed sit ups.

• julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    May1 - Walking parking lot 10 mins
    May 2 - Walking and stairs 10 mins
    May 3 - Walking 20 mins
    May 4 - 15 minutes walk
    May 5 - 10 minute walk parking lot, 60 minutes at Dog Obedience class with my Remy, LOTS of walking.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sandy's May Challenge activity
    Day :
    1- walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    2- dancing 20 min, stretching 30 min
    3- Walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    4 - Walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    5 - Dancing 45 min, stretching 30 min, Walking - meandered about in the woods- time?
  • andysdream
    andysdream Posts: 54
    Options
    May 5 Stationary bike 15min
    Water aerobics 45min
    Silver Sneakers exercise class 45min
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am also in!. I walk for my exercise - May 1 - 30 mins treadmill - done.
    May 2 - walk 60 mins
    May 3 - walk 80 minutes
    May 4 - walk 60 minutes
    May 5 - walk 45 minutes
    I need to add in the stretching. Thanks for the reminder Sandy!
  • Kourui
    Kourui Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I went on our first bike ride of the season (it finally was warm enough!) and what I thought was only 15 minutes was actually 40 minutes! Thighs, they be burning! But it's a good burn! Plus my ankle held up too! Came home in time to take the asparagus casserole out of the oven. Yum!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    May 2: 40 minutes aquasize, 30 minutes laps, and 5 minutes of dancing like a lunatic to technopop in the deep end of the pool.
    May 3: 5 minutes of stretching
    May 4: 30 minutes swimming, 30 minutes water aerobics
    May 5: 30 minutes swimming, 45 minutes water aerobics

(I plan to have FUN with this challenge!)
  • monmonof3
    monmonof3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Karen, Thank you for starting this challenge. Just what I needed.

May 1: I posted this as 20 minutes of dog walking. Actually the goats got out of the pen and I was chasing them around to catch them and get them back in the pen.

May 2: Gardening 60 minutes
    May 3- Dancing 10 minutes
    May4-Housecleaning 20 minutes
    May5- Walked around several stores while shopping approximately 30 minutes, then went out to a farm to buy plant starts and walked around the farm for about 30 minutes. It was beautiful although I could have done without the rain.