Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    We've been testing our one-reps over the past few weeks at my box and I am so freakin' excited about the strength gains I have made!! My newly tested one-reps thus far are:

Back Squat - 215lbs
    Clean - 120lbs
    Front Squat - 160lbs

We've been testing one lift each week and I can't wait to see what next week brings!!!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    195# jerk tonight!!! Came so close to 200 but it's still a 10# pr.... I'll take it!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Did a 253# dead lift on Monday. Felt awesome!

Because it is awesome!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    195# jerk tonight!!! Came so close to 200 but it's still a 10# pr.... I'll take it!

Wow, great job!
  • vlcampbell
    Options
    I'm new to this group but I have been doing Crossfit for a year and some months now. I'm glad there's a group I can really relate on here. There's no community like the crossfit community!

PR'ed on my front Squat 315lbsx1

P.S. Feel free to add me
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is technically a "victory" but in yesterday's WOD I made a mistake and actually went 10 lbs over the RX weight. Still did well time-wise though. One of my friends said I was subconsciously trying to show off! :glasses:
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ^^ At our box, we would call you a 'fire breather' for scaling up a WOD :) Nice work!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Last week I did my first double under!

Next goal: 2 in a row! or a strict pullup.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is technically a "victory" but in yesterday's WOD I made a mistake and actually went 10 lbs over the RX weight. Still did well time-wise though. One of my friends said I was subconsciously trying to show off! :glasses:

It's a happy mistake then :P
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    We've been testing our one-reps over the past few weeks at my box and I am so freakin' excited about the strength gains I have made!! My newly tested one-reps thus far are:

Back Squat - 215lbs
    Clean - 120lbs
    Front Squat - 160lbs

We've been testing one lift each week and I can't wait to see what next week brings!!!

Great job lady! Keep up the good work!!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options

Nice!
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My victory this week was changing my membership to full time.

I've been going twice a week (sometimes not even that) since I started at the end of May last year. I've been more or less inactive since I hurt my arm/elbow in college (limited range of motion, can't lock it out, etc.). Starting CrossFit was something I wasn't sure to do, but my coaches always helped me scale appropriately to fit me while also challenging me.

It's time to kick it in gear, so this month I signed up for an unlimited sessions membership and made it 4 times this week. I'm still on the bottom of the leaderboard, and I scale EVERYTHING, but that's fine. Each time I'm improving on what I did last time, and that's my goal.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^improving yourself is all that matters. Keep doing that and the rest takes care of itself.
  • tinytatertot
    tinytatertot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Crossfit for about 6 months. It really works for me because it's different all the time and I can't talk myself out of going since I don't know what I'll be doing when I get there. In the past 2 weeks I've hit some major goals that I'm super proud of.

1. I ran a mile in 17 minutes (I literally used to throw up when I ran a mile)
    2. I was able to actually jump on the box for box jumps (a scaled box, but still a box).
    3. I found an arm muscle!

I've still got a LONG way to go, but these little victories are what keep me going back!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Crossfit for about 6 months. It really works for me because it's different all the time and I can't talk myself out of going since I don't know what I'll be doing when I get there. In the past 2 weeks I've hit some major goals that I'm super proud of.

2. I was able to actually jump on the box for box jumps (a scaled box, but still a box).

I've still got a LONG way to go, but these little victories are what keep me going back!

Great job! Congrats on all three of your victories!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yesterday AND today I was the only person, male or female, to RX the WODs. And today I was the first girl to finish despite the fact that the WOD involved my nemesis - burpees, and 50 of them!!! Woo!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I got my 1st kipping pull-up where my chin was above the bar. I've been coming into gym just working on kipping swings (just the movement) and I was like let me try and BAM!! I jumped off the bar and thought, 'Wait did i just see the entire gym and almost down to the floor without a bar in my face.' Then I heard my coach yell 'HELL YEAH!!!! I did my happy dance.

And yesterday, I improved my back squat max by 10lbs. I think it was all b/c of the new lifting shoes I got, but i was excited.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    My fifth Crossfit workout ever was 100 burpees for time. Took me about 22 minutes and I seriously considered quitting a few times it sucked so bad. Near the end I was dropping down and then standing one foot at a time.

It was back on the schedule again today. Took me 14:23 and there was never a bad rep. Just needed to stop and catch my breath. Started with sets of 10 up to 50 and sets of five from there to the finish.
  • bostonwolf
    Options

Wait until you get under 10 minutes for a mile. I usually run at about a 12m/m pace but decided to see how fast I could do a mile a few months into Crossfit and was at about 9:30.

Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got a new 1RM back squat of 75kg

Today I got a new 1RM deadlift of 80kg! And I think there was more in there. I've just started deploying mixed grip when it gets difficult to lift and what a difference!