Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Well, no rest day ( I know I should have but rain is expected the next 2 days) I did W3D1 today. I don't know what is wrong with me lately... I thought I read the 2nd interval was 5 min so thought I rocked 5 minutes LOL when it was only 3. Anyway, my breathing is getting really easy now, so I found the intervals went by easily today. I think my mind just said "go" so I did. :tongue: I had a nice mix of mud, wind and small hills, which is really giving me confidence. ( I hear trail running is more difficult than pavement/treadmill?). I'm a hiker so I'm quite used to the terrain off-road.

Trail running is different running. I like road racing, but I LOVE trail running. The different surfaces and movements are great at conditioning you too - you build muscle that makes you way more shock proof.
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    W4D3 on my lunch break today!! Bring it on Week 5 !!!!! :tongue:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I did W6 D2 today. It was hard and I'm a little slower than when I started but I didn't stop, so I am just going to keep plugging at it.
    :glasses:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    W4D3 on my lunch break today!! Bring it on Week 5 !!!!! :tongue:
    That's the spirit :)
    I did W6 D2 today. It was hard and I'm a little slower than when I started but I didn't stop, so I am just going to keep plugging at it.
    :glasses:
    Every marathon-and-beyond runner has been where you are right now.
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Started last Fri and finished W1D2 yesterday, W1D3 tomorrow. Think something broke in my head two weeks ago when I decided to started training... :) Looking around for 5ks to book for Sept-ish to get time to work the program.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Hi all. Started last Fri and finished W1D2 yesterday, W1D3 tomorrow. Think something broke in my head two weeks ago when I decided to started training... :) Looking around for 5ks to book for Sept-ish to get time to work the program.
    Hi kellypence, welcome! I laughed out loud at the breaking head. You're well on your way, hope you'll have fun tomorrow!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    Options

Well done!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I did my W1D2 yesterday. It was great! I felt like it went much better then Tuesday night! There was really only one running interval where I felt winded so I slowed myself down. My roommate couldn't go with me last night but told me to keep my strides small. I used my shadow to make sure my stride was staying small. :laugh: I am eager for my next training run!
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Did W8D2 today and felt great! Sunday will finsh the program by running a whole 5K. Hopeful to finish in under 33 minutes.
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D3 this morning. Nice to get out in the "storm approaching" weather. Definitely feeling it a bit in the quads, but signed up for a fun 5k in October (Yuengling OctoberFest), so I'm super excited. Hey...I get to run to beer!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Great going everyone!
    Did W8D2 today and felt great! Sunday will finsh the program by running a whole 5K. Hopeful to finish in under 33 minutes.
    What version are you using? The original C25K plan is nine weeks.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Finished w4d1 today. New shoes (that fit perfectly woot) and slow pace made it tolerable. The last run was rough but I finished!
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hooray for all the people just starting, all the people just finishing and everyone who is in the middle! I am probably having a rest day today, because a friend from far away may be in town this evening.

From my Wednesday post, the only reason I know I'm now up to 4mph on average is because that's how I'm logging it on mfp - I get the distance I have run by marking my route up on gmap-pedometer.com, then use the time I've taken and the distance to get a speed so I can log it and count the calories up. I think the only reason I've got to 4mph is that there's more jogging in W3 than in the previous weeks, and my jogging is a tiny amount faster than the walking so my average speed has increased a little. I doubt I'm actually jogging faster!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    Options
    Well done huntermaz!

Lol, Kellypence. If there was beer at the end I think I'd be able to run a 10k!

That's great HereWeGoAgain. Some of mine feel horrid.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    Options
    Great going everyone!

He must be using the same version as me because I only have 8 weeks on mine. I'm using an app called run5k.

Speaking of I did W6D3 today (solid 20 min run). I'd been out at bingo and just wasn't into it so I caught the train back and went out for a run. It felt like a slog but I was going faster than normal so that'll be why. I didn't realise because I left it on KPH rather than MPH.
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just finished (literally just got back lol) W4D1 and OMG...W3 felt fantastic but today I was more than ready for the "walk" command. Don't know if it was what I ate for lunch (grilled chicken and homemade kale chips) or too much water or just me, but my stomach was hurting a little.

Now I've read about others' experiences with W4 so I was prepared for a challenge today...and boy did I get one lol
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    This is to nobody in particular. All I can say is it getseasier with time, but partly because one pays attention to how one feels and learns to adjust. It can be overwhelming at times and then I suggest picking just a couple of things to focus on at once. There's so much to keep track of - water and food timing, bathroom, temperature and clothing etc., breathing, speed, cues from podcast or app, traffic, yadayada - that it is like learning how to drive. Some days I screw up the gear shifting and other days I forget to look in all the mirrors or use the blinker or honour the stop sign. You know? :)
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone!

He must be using the same version as me because I only have 8 weeks on mine. I'm using an app called run5k.

Speaking of I did W6D3 today (solid 20 min run). I'd been out at bingo and just wasn't into it so I caught the train back and went out for a run. It felt like a slog but I was going faster than normal so that'll be why. I didn't realise because I left it on KPH rather than MPH.

Yep that is the one I am following but I use ismoothrun for tracking so I just enter the workout in that app before I run.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Cool! Be sure to post in the graduation thread, too, you deserve that place then!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this...there's just so much to remember and consider. I really want to be able to do a Color Run next year with a couple friends so I'm motivated! I do enjoy being out there...
    This is to nobody in particular. All I can say is it getseasier with time, but partly because one pays attention to how one feels and learns to adjust. It can be overwhelming at times and then I suggest picking just a couple of things to focus on at once. There's so much to keep track of - water and food timing, bathroom, temperature and clothing etc., breathing, speed, cues from podcast or app, traffic, yadayada - that it is like learning how to drive. Some days I screw up the gear shifting and other days I forget to look in all the mirrors or use the blinker or honour the stop sign. You know? :)