6am fitness buddies

18910111214»

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Ah tlwineguzzler and spg 71, I was just thinking what a merry band of three we've become...when I realised I'm about to abandon you too.

This week's illness has wiped me out to the point of sleeping very well, something I have issues with, so I'm going to take advantage of that... and then I've got a week off soon, and then my working hours change to two later starts, one normal, and two early starts,nobody wants to be in the 5am club do they?

We need to drum up some more people to join you!!!

Btw, there's nothing ONLY about 40 mins in gym!!!

Nooooooo!!!!! don't leave us!!!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better though, and have a good week off :flowerforyou:
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Yes, get well soon.

Have to say another lazy morning, had a dental appointment though and for some odd reason, i was in bed at seven last night shivering and aching, Woke up this morning feeling great most strange.
  • TLwineguzzler
    I took the dog for a walk this morning, went further than I meant to and had to virtually sprint back or would have been late for work! It was just so nice along the canal in the sun I got a bit carried away :)
  • spg71
    Train and cycle to work this morning, bloody lovely, not quite 6am but only a hr late, Nice 20miles along the river home though. Might stop off for a snifter :D
  • TLwineguzzler
    that's the gym done for me this week, although I might go over the weekend as the husband is back on it again so we'll probably go together
  • spg71
    Well TL think your on your own now for 8 weeks broke my collarbone yesrerday.
  • TLwineguzzler
    I know! just seen on the news feed. Well I ain't talking to myself for 8 weeks, so I'll wait till you come back lol! How did you do it anyway? Here's a flower :flowerforyou:
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Glad there are other like minded lunatics out there, I weight train 3 days a week. Up out of the house at 5:45 in the gym at 6
  • TLwineguzzler
    Yayyy! Was beginning to think I was the last one standing! I usually do 4 mornings a week in the gym from around 6.30 am, although because of a lack of sleep last night I didn't make it today :)
  • Ilove2dance77
    Ilove2dance77 Posts: 527 Member
    Hello! I've started doing the 6.30am classes in the gym - they're only 45 mins - but that's reasonable given I'm usually still half a sleep.
  • TLwineguzzler
    I'm trying a new class tomorrow at 6.30 am - not entirely sure what it entails but its using weights! :smile:
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    I'm trying a new class tomorrow at 6.30 am - not entirely sure what it entails but its using weights! :smile:

How was it?
  • TLwineguzzler

How was it?

Enjoyed it, was good! Although my arms feel like rubber and the stairs up to my office resemble the Eiger!! Going be bloody sore tomorrow :sad:
  • lucyloutoo
    I quite like sore...except for when it takes ten mins to go down three steps, or lower yourself into toilet!!

Glad you enjoyed it.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Ouchy ouchy ouch ouch!!!!! No gymming for me today :(
  • TLwineguzzler
    Back to the gym this morning after my holibobs! Anybody still here or want to join me?
  • lucyloutoo
    Poor you on your own!!!

I'm hoping to get back to doing something next week (as I can finally get through day without limping) but even then my hours at work mean I'll be doing only two days a week working out at six :(
  • TLwineguzzler
    Two days a week better than nowt! Glad you're feeling better :smile:
  • Razzzzle
    Razzzzle Posts: 40 Member
    my gym has just stopped opening at 6am and moved to 7am on a weekend :(
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    As of tommorrow I'm starting my new routine of getting up at 5.45 so I can get my excercise done before the kids get up at 7 and I leave for work at half 7. At least that way I'll be spending whole evenings with my family instead of missing out on an hour. I am however NOT looking forward to it as I am not a morning person at all. Very strong coffee will be in order. :)
  • TLwineguzzler
    I'm up at 5.30 am but have to have my 1.5 tsps. of nescafe before I can do ANYTHING! Walked the dog for an hour today and I'll be back in the gym tomorrow :)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    45 minute spin class done this morning. Yes, on this Monday Morning.
  • TinyCake81
    TinyCake81 Posts: 31 Member
    I've just started going to 6.45 am classes and I'm really enjoying them.

Never used to be a morning person but I m finding that I'm full of energy afterwards.

I was wondering though, do you guys et before an early workout?
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Just a banana.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    If I'm hungry I eat a cereal bar. I do an early class about twice a week, and probably both of the earliest classes on a weekend, although they don't start until 8:30 or 9am
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    I don't eat anything before an early cardio exercise session, if it's before around 10:30.