Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all on your most recent runs! I had a screwed up day today LOL

I went to physio after work today, it's cardio day... 8 continuous minutes of jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees and fit wall runs. Then 8 mins on treadmill walking 2.5mph at top incline. I was almost at max HR the whole time on treadmill. Then I went to buy a few groceries, had a moment of weakness and bought and ate 1000 calories of chocolate covered almonds!!! So to punish myself I decided to stop at a trail and run W3D2 to burn some calories off. Except I was actually running W4D1 (I had looked ahead to check out the intervals and forgot to reset my day). Well, I ended up doing it anyway, with 1000 calories sloshing away in my stomach LOL . I still rocked it!!! LOL I'm exhausted right now but am feeling so STRONG. :glasses:
  • acidstained
    acidstained Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 6, Day 1 tonight. I'm really starting to look forward to my runs, which I never thought would happen. I'm looking to sign up for my first 5k in June, but I'm finding I feel nervous about it, which is totally unlike me. I guess I'll never know until I try it....
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done here. it wasn't great, but it is done.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done here. it wasn't great, but it is done.

You did it though. That's what matters. Congrats!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Great running, people! I'm on a mobile device so quoting properly is too cumbersome, but I've read and admired all individual efforts. Am heading out for W7D1 tomorrow and hope it'll be fun.
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 today, and I didn't die!! Yay!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all on your most recent runs! I had a screwed up day today LOL

I went to physio after work today, it's cardio day... 8 continuous minutes of jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees and fit wall runs. Then 8 mins on treadmill walking 2.5mph at top incline. I was almost at max HR the whole time on treadmill. Then I went to buy a few groceries, had a moment of weakness and bought and ate 1000 calories of chocolate covered almonds!!! So to punish myself I decided to stop at a trail and run W3D2 to burn some calories off. Except I was actually running W4D1 (I had looked ahead to check out the intervals and forgot to reset my day). Well, I ended up doing it anyway, with 1000 calories sloshing away in my stomach LOL . I still rocked it!!! LOL I'm exhausted right now but am feeling so STRONG. :glasses:

Fuel and train, baby!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my training run in yesterday (W1D3) as I had to wash my running clothes. By the time I was able to get my laundry done yesterday, they weren't dry in time for me to go! I hope to do it tomorrow, but with rain on the way, I'm not sure if I will. (I don't like going out in the rain!)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my training run in yesterday (W1D3) as I had to wash my running clothes. By the time I was able to get my laundry done yesterday, they weren't dry in time for me to go! I hope to do it tomorrow, but with rain on the way, I'm not sure if I will. (I don't like going out in the rain!)

I did my very first run in the pouring rain. Put on a raincoat and get out there! :smokin:
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 today, and I didn't die!! Yay!!!

I love this. Sounds like me. I was always like "Well, I guess my run was good bc I didn't die!"
    and now, just 3 weeks later, I am actually looking forward to my C25K. It is still tough, but sooo much more manageable as you continue with the program.
    Hang in there. You are doing great!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I did Week 6 Day 1 yesterday and went for additional time (to get back home, lol. Plus cool down) So I ended up with 3.5 miles. Yay! It helped that it was unseasonably mild yesterday morning.

I had my first cheat meal last night (and way over did it) So I wanted to run W6D2 today but I couldn't do it :( I think I would have felt like crap, performed poorly and gotten discouraged anyway. And my legs are very sore today, so I will have to look for another work out for today.

Hoping I'll get to have a good run tomorrow morning.
  • acidstained
    acidstained Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 6, Day 2 tonight. Wasn't too bad, but it seemed a lot harder than it should have been after running 20 minutes non-stop last week!
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D1 this morning. Still kinda chilly in the mornings here (near philly), so it's nice to look forward to running to get warm, when summer fully hits it may be a bit trickier.
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Finshed on Sunday!! Ran a full 5k in 34:37, wanted to finish in under 33 but I will take it. Going to start a new program get work on getting my time under 30 minutes and sign up for a race in July. Keep at it everyone you can do it!!!
  • angf0679
    Options
    Finished my W1D3!!! It felt good. I was a little cold when I started, but the run/walk warmed me up. Near the end my last couple of running intervals were faster. Instead of my distance being 0.08 it was 0.11. It must have been still fine for my pace as my roommate (who went with me again) didn't tell me to slow down. On to Week 2 tomorrow! (weather permitting)
  • angf0679
    Options
    Finshed on Sunday!! Ran a full 5k in 34:37, wanted to finish in under 33 but I will take it. Going to start a new program get work on getting my time under 30 minutes and sign up for a race in July. Keep at it everyone you can do it!!!

Congrats!!!!! That sounds like a pretty decent time.
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done! Not as bad as W4D1 was for me. My app paused on me a couple times, once at the start of a 5 min run interval, once during a walk (my app interrupts my playlist but plays over radio music so I don't always hear it well). No big deal, just made the session longer once I resumed it. Obviously straightaways and declines were great, I'm still talking myself through the slight inclines. I kept it up tho! :)
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    The thread is suddenly buzzing from activity and this post is the biggest Yay! on the past couple of pages - well done! Your speed is impressive, have fun in July.

I did W7D1 and my legs felt like lead today. It wasn't one of my worst runs but not one of my best either; mediocre will do.
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

The thread is suddenly buzzing from activity and this post is the biggest Yay! on the past couple of pages - well done! Your speed is impressive, have fun in July.

I did W7D1 and my legs felt like lead today. It wasn't one of my worst runs but not one of my best either; mediocre will do.

I agree with the the Yay for al the progress everyone is making, from the people who have braved week one and found they could become runners to the people who are near the end of, or have just finished, the program and show that it does work :-)

AglaeaC - that was how I felt on Saturday, and thankyou4thevenom wisely said:
    You did it though. That's what matters.
    and that is true for your W7 run too!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Thanks, greentree0! What I meant was to say that it's fantastic once in a while to read these "I finished" comments, because it completes the circle. Now we have just about every week covered and it's pretty cool.