New Rules Supercharged

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Yay! We're almost at the same place. I just did 2B on Wednesday. Going to do 3A today and 3B tomorrow. Because of my work schedule I have to do two consecutive days unfortunately.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of high reps but I know it's important and definitely gets my heart rate up too. Especially those dang lunges!

I had to switch from Dumbbell Sumo DLs to cable pullthroughs because my gym is poorly equipped. After 70 lb DBs I would have to jump to 90 lbs and that aint happening (trust me, I tried, had difficulty lifting it off the ground to hold it the way I should).

How many of each workout are you going to do? I had initially said 4 each since I hate high reps but now that I've started, I think I need to do 6 each to get the full benefits. Don't want to switch too soon.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Since it's my second time through, I think I will just do 4 of each workout. I feel like I'm not effective at fatiguing my muscles at 15 reps- I just get out of breath.
  • jamaicanlady
    Well you should be just about done then. I still have a week to go. Have you planned your exercises for BTII? I'm about to do just that.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BTII A1

Plank feet on ball

Squat press

Split squat
    Assisted chin-ups
    RDL
    Chest press

I did A1 today. It was adequately challenging. I added the chin-ups because I bought a good set of bands and I feel like doing sets of 10 might help me build up to doing unassisted. I did 3 sets of 10 today and was happy to be able to do 135lbs on the RDLs. I'll feel that tomorrow. Did box jumps for HIIT- and managed to bang my shin pretty hard. Probably not good to do them at the end of a hard workout....

BT II B:

Cable chop

Jump squat

Crossover step-up
    Jackknife push-up
    Goblet squat
    Two point row

How are you liking Supercharged so far?
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I'mmm Herrrrre!!
    I will read the thread I swear, but I'm going for my second Basic Training WO B1. I chose all level 1 exercises except for the combo, because those aren't really levels, just a list of exercises. Here I go!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    How did it go, Sam?

I haven't lifted since Monday- I'm missing the gym! Gotta sing at a funeral tomorrow morning, then maybe I can lift later.
  • jamaicanlady
    Hi Sam! What exercises did you pick?

Ok, so I finished BTI this past week and am getting ready to start BTII this week. I think I've finally decided on the exercises I'll be doing:

Workout A

Plank w/ arm lift

Squat and press

BB reverse lunge
    Split stance standing cable row
    Romanian DL
    Push up

Workout B

Cable tall kneeling chop

Jump squat

Crossover step up (if I can figure it out)
    Jackknife push up
    Front squat
    DB two-point row

Oh and here is my progress from BTI:

Plank - 60s
    > Plank w/ leg lift - 35s
    Side plank and row - 10 lbs x 15 reps
    > 40 lbs x 10 reps
    Box jump - 14" x 5 reps
    > 24" x 8 reps
    Goblet squat - 15 lbs
    > 45 lbs
    Standing cable row - 20 lbs
    > 40 lbs
    Step up - 14" 10 lbs
    > 16" 30 lbs
    Push up - 5 floor, 7 on 12" step, 3 on 14" step
    > 8 floor, 7 on 8" step

Side plank - 45s
    > Side plank w/ leg raise - 35s
    Plank and pulldown - 10 lbs
    > 35 lbs
    Romanian DL and row - 55 lbs x 8 reps
    > 75 lbs
    DB sumo DL - 70 lbs
    > Cable pullthrough - 90 lbs
    Jackknife push up - 5 floor, 7 on 12" step, 3 on 14" step
    > 8 floor, 7 on 8" step
    Reverse lunge - 15 lbs
    > 35 lbs (SUPER SUPER HARD)
    Wide grip lat pulldown - 50 lbs x 15 reps
    > 70 lbs x 8 reps, 60 lbs x 7 reps

Cowgirl, I'm really loving Supercharged and the exercises I've chosen so far. EXCEPT for reverse lunges. These are just so hard. Not sure why I'm using them again in BTII. I must be a glutton for punishment.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    I think the reverse lunge works my glutes more than a regular lunge. Don't know why. I do them from a 12" step to increase the ROM. Your BTII workouts look challenging!

I did A2 on Monday and I am still crazy sore! The entire back side of my body hurts. RDLs and chin-ups did their job!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    You ladies have convinced me to jump into this program when I finish Strong Curves in june! :)
    I have the book at home but I don't remember... does it include hip thurst or glute bridge? I'm not ready to give up those!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Yay, Karine! It doesn't include the thrusts or bridges, but it has a "hinge" category of exercises. A few of us add them in instead of deadlifts, or we just add them as extra exercises. I like doing thrusts too-I try to do them once a week.

So, overhead squats- I've always hated them. Today I put my heels on plates and it made a world of difference for my form. I wish I had thought of it earlier! My sprint speeds are going up. For intervals I can now do 9.5-10.5 mph. When I started intervals in NROL4W, my interval speed was 6 mph. When I started Supercharged last year, it was 8 mph. Those little things keep me going and are another reason I love Supercharged.
  • jamaicanlady
    Wow! Congrats on the increase in your speed! I <3 sprints too! I used to do them outside once a week, but haven't done that in a while. May start again. My intervals are now one-arm waiter's carry, crossover punches and one-arm dumbbell swings (I don't have access to a kettlebell), one for each day I work out.

So I finished my first week of BTII and I'm still loving Supercharged. Also I lost 1.6 lbs this week after eating almost 1800 cals on average and doing no cardio. Yay for NROLS!
  • SDehmer819
    SDehmer819 Posts: 441 Member
    Just checking in on you ladies!! you are all doing awesome!!!

Ive fallen off the track with lifting. Ive the results from it, but cant seem to stick with it. I don't love it but Im tired of tons of cardio- just doesn't get the results I want.

anyway, keep it up and keep lifting ladies!!!!

~Sam :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Sam, I hope you find a program that you like. Have you looked at bodybuilding.com and the free routines they offer? I'm the opposite- I dislike cardio.

Temeika, being able to eat and lose weight is the BEST!

Did my last A workout of BTII.

Squat Press 20--->25lbs
    Split Squat 45--->65lbs
    Assisted chin-ups HARD----> easy
    RDLs 135--->145lbs
    Cable press 40---->45lbs

I ran for 11 mph for my HIIT today! Love seeing progress even if I'm not losing a ton of weight right now.
  • jamaicanlady
    Sam I <3 lifting, it's the cardio I hate. But if weight loss is your main goal then I highly recommend Insanity. I did it and the weight just fell off.

Cowgirl those are great #s. Sure you can't do an unassisted chin up?
  • jamaicanlady
    Oh and I just figured out that RDLs stand for Rack DLs. I thought they were Romanian DLs. I was about to msg u to ask how u got ur grip so strong as to be able to hold on to such heavy weights for so long. Today I tried 110s on the Romanian and had to use a mixed grip after a while, I just couldn't hold on the bar.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    RDLs is Romanian deadlifts (for me anyway). Chalk is the best thing I've found for grip and I use mixed grip for anything over 100 lbs. I only do rack deadlifts for very low reps :) I highly recommend rack deadlifts if you want to feel totally hardcore. I was able to do 3 sets of 5 reps at 195lbs in Strength & Power. Being able to rest the grip after each rep makes a huge difference in how much you can lift.
    I tried to do an unassisted chin-up. Those first few inches are impossible. Someday.....
  • jamaicanlady
    I'm definitely going to get some chalk then. Had a bottle of liquid chalk before but accidentally left it at the gym and when I went back it was gone.

My gym doesn't have the set up for rack DLs. Not sure how to improvise. Maybe later on I'll figure something out. And 195 is no joke!

Have you done your last B workout yet?
  • jamaicanlady
    So I've got to where I can no longer hold on to dumbbells to do my crossover step ups, had to use a barbell. It feels very awkward and really tests my balance, which is poor. Speaking of balance, the BB reverse lunges are really hard right now. I did 75 lbs last week and at one point felt like I was going to topple over. I think I'll stay at that weight for my last A workout.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Hey all

I just finished nrolfw and am waiting for supercharged to arrive! I'm scared and excited! Hoping I don't get confused by the whole thing!
  • jamaicanlady
    Hey all

I just finished nrolfw and am waiting for supercharged to arrive! I'm scared and excited! Hoping I don't get confused by the whole thing!
    It's totally confusing!...at first. Especially if you read it from cover to cover like I did. But once you get pen and paper and attempt to make heads or tails out of it, you'll see that it's not so bad.