Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New thread! Shiny!

I hated it when having to wait on a walk light stopped me in a running interval!
    I jog on the spot when this happens - it keeps my HR up and has the side benefit of seeming to make drivers actually stop when it looks like they will blow through a crosswalk!
    Not where I live!! There`s been way to many people hit by cars in cross-walks this year already. I will wait for the walk-light.

We don't have walk-lights on the routes I've used so far - pedestrians have right-of-way. But if they're there, then use them - I can imagine how long my run would take if they involved an impromptu check-up by EMTs, or worse!

(edited for quote mangling)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Good one Ceci :) Yeah the new thread is shiny but it took me by surprise for some reason. I have internet problems and am on the phone so can't quote to cheer you guys on properly :/ I popped in to say I did W7D2 and it was better than D1. But oh gosh I was about to fry in the sun thanks to the long sleeves; have to buy a new tshirt that is meant for running. Anyway, happy Wednesday and good runs to all!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    today is Week 5 Day 3....20 minutes straight....I'm scared and not sure I can do this, I struggled with the 8 minutes, why does it jump up so fast!!!! gah.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    today is Week 5 Day 3....20 minutes straight....I'm scared and not sure I can do this, I struggled with the 8 minutes, why does it jump up so fast!!!! gah.

Slow down if you need to. You can do this. The program is set up to make you succeed. YOU ARE READY to run 20 minutes straight!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W4D3...reversed my route today so I wouldn't get bored. Felt pretty good to me. Actually was disappointed when I heard the "walk" cues (esp if a good song was on). Tripped for the first time since I started this whole thing lol but I got my footing before I fell to the ground.

Both nervous and excited about starting W5 on Friday. I'm registering for a local 5k happening in the fall with my walking buddy.
  • greentree0
    Options
    W4D3...reversed my route today so I wouldn't get bored. Felt pretty good to me. Actually was disappointed when I heard the "walk" cues (esp if a good song was on). Tripped for the first time since I started this whole thing lol but I got my footing before I fell to the ground.

Both nervous and excited about starting W5 on Friday. I'm registering for a local 5k happening in the fall with my walking buddy.

I'm pleased you managed to catch yourself before you hit the ground! I have bruises from a (non-running related) slip last week and they are not beautiful. Good luck for W5

I just started W4 today and noticed that the run time has jumped from 9mins last week to 16 mins today! But it was fine. Actually it was good! More days like this one please!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Catching myself would have been better had I not tripped on the sidewalk by our main road lol... I tried not to think too hard about the cars who might've seen me stumble and make a fool of myself! I'm truly surprised I haven't done it before this; I'm a huge klutz!
  • Dhbausch
    Dhbausch Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! It's my first time posting here, but I could use some accountability & support from a beginner group. I just finished week 1 yesterday and am pretty excited to begin week 2. I'm having a blast now but I'm afraid it's going to get pretty difficult in the upcoming weeks. Especially since I am pushing a stroller at the same time. ????
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Hi! It's my first time posting here, but I could use some accountability & support from a beginner group. I just finished week 1 yesterday and am pretty excited to begin week 2. I'm having a blast now but I'm afraid it's going to get pretty difficult in the upcoming weeks. Especially since I am pushing a stroller at the same time. ????
    Welcome and well done on finishing week 1! Take it slow and see how things go, and check in with whatever thoughts have been on your mind. It's really interesting and usually also very helpful to read various comments from everyone.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    For those of us, who are on week 5 or about to start it, please remember day 2 is 8+8 minutes of running and walking in the middle, so what you do is add some running in between those 8-minute segments and voilà, you have 20 minutes on day 3.

If you have reached day 2, your body is ready for day 3 and you just need to keep telling yourself you can do it, trust the programme.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Welcome! Anybody who runs pushing a stroller is my hero!

worship_zps8453dd3d.gif
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I finished W3D3 yesterday. It was the first time I've really struggled to keep going. I was drained after the first 3 minute run. I'm so nervous to start week 4!! I've been running one day on and one day off since the start, and I haven't really been paying attention to the weeks. Should I be taking that extra rest day in between weeks? Or should I be ok to give W4D1 a go tomorrow?
  • linoleumbob
    linoleumbob Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the group!

I finished the whole C25K program 2 years ago and got into a really inactive schedule after that. So here I am, trying it again. It seems that I didn't lose all my progress, because weeks 1-4 were not much of a challenge.

I just completed W5D1 yesterday, and it felt challenging again which was encouraging!

If anyone wants to "friend" me, I'm happy to accept :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I finished W3D3 yesterday. It was the first time I've really struggled to keep going. I was drained after the first 3 minute run. I'm so nervous to start week 4!! I've been running one day on and one day off since the start, and I haven't really been paying attention to the weeks. Should I be taking that extra rest day in between weeks? Or should I be ok to give W4D1 a go tomorrow?

When I did the program, I ran every other day throughout most of the time. I say if you feel okay, give it a try tomorrow. Maybe just focus on slowing down to a comfortable pace. (You should be able to hold a conversation when you are running.)
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D2 yesterday, and had a good time. It's been fun trying different routes through my neighborhood to find a single loop that puts me at home close to my end time (have to have enough time to shower and head out to work). Going for a training run on Sat with my husband and a friend who is a Team In Training coach. Excited to pick up some technique tips. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I did my 20 minute run!!! I didn't stop! I've never in my 27 years of living been able to do that. EVER.

YAAAAY.

Oh and I push a stroller too! I've tried running just one time with out it and it was really hard. lol I guess i'm just used to it now.
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fair play to those who run with a buggy. No way could I manage that!

Did week 8, day 1 today. 28 mins of running :d
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

If you are excited to continue, then I think you will do just fine. I found the first 3 weeks pretty easy, even week 4 was manageable. It is definitely set up for you to succeed. I always find the next week intimidating, but when you're in it, it's like... OK, I can do this, I AM doing this!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Welcome to linoleumbob!

When I did the program, I ran every other day throughout most of the time. I say if you feel okay, give it a try tomorrow. Maybe just focus on slowing down to a comfortable pace. (You should be able to hold a conversation when you are running.)
    I seem to recall you posted about pain in the lower leg, ankle maybe? I would stick to the programme, three runs per week, if that is the case. Your body needs the time to remodel tissues.
  • greentree0
    Options
    I did my 20 minute run!!! I didn't stop! I've never in my 27 years of living been able to do that. EVER.

YAAAAY.

Oh and I push a stroller too! I've tried running just one time with out it and it was really hard. lol I guess i'm just used to it now.

Congratulations - that is a really big achievement!