Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    NYRR Brooklyn Half Marathon on 5/17/2014 - 2:30.07. A personal best for me by a good 6 minutes!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Race 13.1 Series, Greensboro, NC Half-marathon on 5/18/2014.

2:06:27 (new PR). This was a very hilly course (~900 vertical feet of climb over the span of 13.1 miles as measured by my Fitbit. Approximately 700 feet measured by GPS)

Shaved 7:20 off my March half-marathon time that was run on a much flatter course.

It has been said that hills are just speedwork in disguise!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Funky Kingston Half in Kingston, NH on May 18th. 2:22:26 official time, however I must note the race wasn't chip timed and i spent the first couple of minutes of the race in the Porta potty with my 40 lb 4 yearold. Then i put said 4 yearold in her jogging stroller and pushed her up and down hills of varying degrees of steepness for 13.1 miles. Not my fastest HM (current pr 2:06 out of 6 races) but it was faster than my first, officially by 10 seconds, but you know, more like 2 minutes faster because of the potty incident. Also, it was the first time I ever pushed the stroller for 13.1 miles. It was hard! But rather enjoyable!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    first ultra 50k 4:53!

not blazzing fast but I was pretty happy :P
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Not a race but - 37+ miles this week so far, may go later on for another few miles to get to 40. Highest since Oct 2013. I think it is possible to bounce back! YAY. Oh and I got 2nd in age group on a 10K Saturday, finish stretch at 7:01 pace. Total time not as impressive ha ha but feeling I am getting back in shape.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    First marathon: 3:49:18

Very very happy with my experience. I see many more marathons in my future :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Awesome time! Way to go on your first marathon!!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options

Fantastic time!!!
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not even close to the 3:49:18 Amazing first Marathon time (ahh to be young)
    -Keybank Vermont City Marathon, It got pretty warm (close to 80) which really took a toll on me, but 4:42:45 for me is a PR so pretty happy. But I did need IV fluids after. All in all a great race in a great location, and the volunteers, crowds, course, and most importantly medical staff were all Great!
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ran my first Half Marathon on Sunday in Liverpool (a Rock 'n' Roll one) in a time of 1:59:11 super proud of myself :happy:
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Did my first ever 10k on Sunday.

1:02:05 and I'm delighted with that! Something to work on, and sub 60 is now in sight!
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This past Saturday, I ran the Trent Waldron Glacier 1/2 marathon in Anchorage, AK in 2:11:45 with smoke in the air from the FunnyRiver wildfire down in Soldnotna.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Did my first 10K on Saturday. 1:08:50. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and knew it wasn't going to be fun. :( I ran about 10:45 pace for the first 4 miles. By the 5th the stomach pain was too much so I did walk/run intervals for the rest of the race. So disappointing.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Did my first 10K on Saturday. 1:08:50. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache and knew it wasn't going to be fun. :( I ran about 10:45 pace for the first 4 miles. By the 5th the stomach pain was too much so I did walk/run intervals for the rest of the race. So disappointing.

geez that stinks :(
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Got my butt kicked at Camp Currahee this morning. 10k, 52:09, which is 5 minutes off my PR. There's a reason for it, tho.

10307174_10152425555482270_6470266450520795638_n.jpg

That's right, a near 600-foot climb in one mile and it was brutal. With the exception of the top 4 or 5 guys, EVERYONE walked a huge portion of the hill.

My only personal disappointment is that I was so leg tired from the week's workouts and from running up about 1/3 of that hill that I had nothing left for the couple small climbs on the way back to the start/finish. Down hill I went as quick as I felt I could and still stay in control. The couple guys I work with that ran with me were bats outta hell on the way down. They beat me :ohwell:

But I had some fun, made it up and back without being dead, and have a new race t-shirt I'll likely wear (unlike most which just go in a drawer).
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Got my butt kicked at Camp Currahee this morning. 10k, 52:09, which is 5 minutes off my PR. There's a reason for it, tho.
    That's right, a near 600-foot climb in one mile and it was brutal. With the exception of the top 4 or 5 guys, EVERYONE walked a huge portion of the hill.

Wow that is one nice hill, ha ha. Good time with that one, in the middle. Congrats.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon 5/31/14
    humid overcast day with a sprinkling of rain in the middle
    1:42:56
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    RnR San Diego - 2:56:15. 3rd Master, 2nd AG.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    RnR San Diego - 2:56:15. 3rd Master, 2nd AG.

Wow, awesome race! That's tough to do in those conditions. Did you see Meb or were you ahead of him?
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Meb was pacing the half. He came and started us for the full and he was on stage passing out the Overall awards.
This discussion has been closed.