Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Woohoo Mary! Just take it slow girl. I don't want you to hurt your back again!

You amaze me on how much you remember . :love:

Today has been real emotional--PMS. Of course, I have been thinking of my daughter and my husband is having some work related issues. It seems some people can't leave well enough alone. The only thing I had for lunch was a biscuit , and I had to stop there or I could have kept going with 2 or 3. Emotional eating could have gotten the better of me. Now I am lacking the protein. UGH. Does the battle ever end? The emotional eating ,the pettiness of people, and children struggling with their battles?
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Beeps that quote was trooth, thanks for the lift up!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    DNA t push-ups are hard! You are strong!

I can't seem to get any strength in my chest. I ve been stuck on the same cable chest press forever and gave up on bench press long ago. I'm doing negatives on the cable chest press but I am open for any suggestions
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Great wisdom in that quote, Beeps!

Everyone is lifting- that makes me smile!!!!

Mary, good for you for recognizing what was happening. I'm such an emotional eater- a bit of a bringer actually. I used to go to two fast food restaurants in a row ordering crap when I was lonely when hubby was stuck at work at night or my mom was being weird or whatever. Like you, I am slowly learning that life is an emotional roller coaster and I have to learn a better way of dealing with it. Things will never just be "calm" or "drama free". I allow some treats and I log it. I know that sometimes a sweet treat WILL taste good and make me feel a little better. I just avoid the out of control stuffing food in my face until I'm sick. I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Pmag, chest and shoulders are my weak spots too.

Love the foam roller! I do it before my workout and try to do some on nonlifting days.

I lifted today. I'm proud If myself. I was running around all day on 3 hours of sleep and I pushed myself to the gym this evening. I'm glad I did. The owner of my gym helped me with squat form. His daughter is a fitness figure competitor. CRAZY jacked. She's been bodybuilding since she was 16 and has the kind of muscles that scare children. But I would love to have some of her training knowledge.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    It's F-R-I-D-A-Y!

All things are good on Fridays...

No, I don't lift, today, but that's okay. No, parents can't go on the Quebec City trip with kidlets and that's actually TOTALLY okay! I really love how many opportunities our kids get to spread their wings and give independence a chance! Cost of trip is $2,400....had to deposit $250 yesterday. With braces madness, our dollars are L-E-A-N this year, for sure.

Anyway, I am feeling fine. Glad the weekend is here. What's everybody up to?
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Oh , just eating a donut and sipping coffee :ohwell: I will make it work in my macros .

I'll lift in a few. Arm and legs day. I'll try to add some abs in too.

Sorry, you can't go, Beeps, but good for the wallet.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Good Friday ladies!

So I started stage 3 today and it was really bad that I forgot to stretch after yesterday's treadmill intervals/steady jog because my legs were more sore than usual. I am happy with what I lifted though, for the most part:

Workout A:

One armed DB snatch: started with 15, then tried 20 but that was too hard to keep form so I'll go back to 15lbs next time.

DB single leg RDL: I've done these before and I kind of love them! Started with 15lbs but that was too easy so moved to 20lb DBs. I will likely do 25s next time.

BB bent over row: I underestimated what I could handle on this. I started with 30lbs, then the empty bar (so 45), then 55. That still wasn't too hard, especially at only 6 reps. So, maybe 65 next week.

DB single arm overhead squat: I found this really challenging, especially moreso with my left arm raised. I guess my right arm is slightly stronger. I started using 20 and 10 but moved down to 15 and 8 for the second and third sets as my form was suffering with the heavier weights. I also found I had to widen my stance to be able to squat low enough with the overhead weight.

DB incline bench press: started with 15lb DBs, then 20s, and finally 25s. Those were perfect.

90 second planks got done three times...man, did I feel it in my lower back too! My gym doesn't have a machine for the reverse wood chops so I did those with a 15lb dumbell. I could really feel it in my obliques.

I almost put the body weight matrix off until tomorrow cause I was so tired but I wanted to be done with it. I got distracted at the end of the first set, try into catch my breath, so I forgot to look at the timer but I think I was around 3:30 or so. I took the full doubled time to rest - I needed it! - and did the second set in 3:35. I had to take a good few seconds both before the jump squats and in the middle of them to shake out my legs. My hamstrings are crying :P

All in all I liked it; very different from stage 2.

I have earned my Friday night wine and Orange is the New Black binge-watch tonight!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    BOOM! Lifted at 5:15 and felt AWESOME after I was done. I really wasn't feeling it when I started but it got better as I pushed through. Squats sucked today. I couldn't keep my form, fell off a couple of times and didn't increase weights at all. Good mornings felt good for a change, and then I did step-ups. Not an ounce of weight, but 4 risers + step and decent form. It's been ages since I've done them! I did seated calf raises, and lying leg lifts and that side bend with plates and swiss ball crunches with plates.

Chest and especially shoulders are so hard for me to improve. I won't push too hard for higher weights, I know shoulders are especially vulnerable to injury. So I do the best I can. I'm grateful if I can push the oly and a couple extra pounds, it's really hard. Chest is better, I bench 55 consistently occasionally 60 or 65.

I had baked cheetohs today. They were good! Satisfied my crunch desire!

I am riding most of the day tomorrow, we're going out to Raymondskills Falls in PA. It's a great place, lots of hiking, beautiful falls and lunch at a funky restaurant.

Back to work. I'll check in later.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Pudding, WOW just WOW those are impressive impressive numbers!

Sue, have fun!

Shoulders are my weak spot too.

My challenge numbers won't be good for next week. I didn't hit my protein goal and I've already been on the scales twice this week. :embarassed: BUT I am eating.

I hit up the grocery store after the gym (bless the other patrons hearts LOL) for some fruit. I still haven't went to the bathroom after that laxative. Maybe I don't have to go yet after that major cleaning out. :laugh:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Checking in one more time before the weekend. Hubby and I's anniversary on Monday :) We will be riding our bikes around/to the river and perhaps some wineries!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Keep killing those lifts!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Loving all the positivity, fab lifts and encouragement ladies!

Sorry I have been quiet - on placement (again!). I have tried to get late shifts so I can workout in the morning before I go. Has worked fairly well. It did mean I had to do NROL two days in a row which I don't normally do, but it was ok. I just swapped the high reps for the DLs for heavier and less reps - I find that suits my bad elbow better. I am noticing my weights increasing too.... or if not the weight, the # of reps I can manage is increasing. I am still eating 1950 cals and working my macros in to this amount - seems like the 'eating more' trick is working for me! :happy:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I know!! That quote just had me SMILIN' because I know I am already 'ALL THAT' - BOOM!

Got my work-out in and done and I *do* feel better for it! That's 3 sessions this week and it is only THURSDAY. BOOM!

Also, lost 1 lb on the scale, so that means my calorie-deficit is working...if I could lose 1 lb EVERY week, I'd be ecstatic....however, I've walked this road before and it usually ends up being 0.2 lb per week and I just want to TEAR MY HAIR OUT!
    refer to previous post of yours and give yourself a break. 1lb a week is way too ambitious and you know it. .2-.5 is actually far more reasonable considering how incredibly fit you are.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Look at all of this lifting and eating healthy and positive attitudes. Loving it!

I lifted three times this week. Skipped zumba wednesday and today but I did walk two miles at work for a walkathon.

celebrated national donut day with two French crullers which were a yummy 116 calories a piece. Good donut choices, who would have thought.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Went to Washington DC this week. My week off continues until Tuesday. I was traveling with a group so I ate what everyone else ate. Not bad. Tomorrow, I need to focus.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just to share.... I made cookies... white chocolate & caramel cookies.

They are gluten & dairy free. BUT they are most definitely NOT sugar free or low calorie :laugh:

I'd like to say I'd probably eat a lot of them, but my husband and kids appear to be devouring them left right and centre. I'll be lucky to get more than the 2 I've had LOL

m9ric3.jpg
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Pudding, what a great start to stage 3!

dna, that sounds divine! I made blueberry white chocolate cookies today. I love cookies....

Jo, that is awesome! I love how eating a little more can make a difference in lifts. Keep up the good work!

Runz, I'm horrible about using traveling for an "excuse" to eat bad.

Beeps, I agree with Sam. You know it's better to lose slowly at your weight anyway. Just keep it up- there's no point in stressing! You know what works and how to get back to where you want to be.

Sue and WillLift, have fun this weekend!

Plenty of active rest today. My upper back is super sore from my assisted chin-ups today.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    dna, I want cookies. That kind sounds amazing.

runz, I love DC I could spend a week there and still not get enough history soaked in. What kind of food do you eat there? It seems like we never find good places to eat. It's always a Mcdonald or we take a pb sandwich.( My brother lives in Stafford)

I have been a good girl. Teen son has friends over. They have the fire pit going. Hotdogs, smores, chips, chocolate chip , and peanut butter cookies. I have had NONE. BUT neighbor gave fresh donuts today. I had TWO. YIKES I think I am only over 50 ish cals. Around 98 g protein. Hit my goal there.

Sam, you got me beat on the healthy donut choices. YOU WIN. :wink:

Jo, you are eating 1950 cals!! May I ask your height? Are you losing? maintaining? What are you hoping for?

I am gaining muscle and am losing a bit here and there. I guess the secret all along was the PROTEIN!!! It still hurts my tummy. IF I don't drink it with a straw and if I only consume one serving at a time, the effects are minimal. I can't double up on the protein like some of yall do. All that whey at one time..... :sick:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Yesterday I completed 1B5 and my lower back is so tight this morning!! Damn you deadlifts!!

Since I was moving down to lower reps, I decide to up my deadlift from 80lbs to 100lbs, and I did it no problem! I was so pleased with myself (though again, quite sore this morning!).

I was trying to brag to the boyfriend at home about how strong I am and he told me that I was being irresponsible for upping my weight so much. Obviously if it was too heavy I wouldn't have done it (I considered mentioning how women are quite sensible when it comes to working out, and that unlike men (obviously not all men), we don't lift past our means for pride). He thinks that he is an expert. I think that he just needs to assert his masculinity every now and then as he always has strange little comments here and there. He is definitely afraid that I will get bulky, which is ridiculous. (rant over)

happy thursday!

Just wanted to say :

I LOVE YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER:love::love: :love:
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment manic! Always nice to hear, cant wait to post my new rules before and after! Im only a little more than half way through stage 1 and I have already lost 2 inches off my waist and hips!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

Jo, you are eating 1950 cals!! May I ask your height? Are you losing? maintaining? What are you hoping for?

I'm 165cm (5'5") and pretty much maintaining 116 - 120lbs depending on the time of the month! I'm not looking to lose weight. I want to gain strength. I'm willing to gain a little to achieve that. In 6 months, after increasing cals from approx. 1400, I'm up 2-4 lbs and have increased strength. And my clothes still fit and measurements are the same. So I'm calling it a win so far :happy: