2014 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a step in the right direction, sod any abuse, it beggars belief really
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Agree with Jakess1971, sod the lot of them, they're prats.

TBY will there be a separate sign up thread for the TDF challenge? Or will the indications made on this thread be the ticket in?
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a step in the right direction, sod any abuse, it beggars belief really

Agreed; how someone can abuse someone for running a challenge as professionally and diligently as you is beyond belief!

Onwards and upwards fella!

303 as usual please :wink: :laugh:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    TBY will there be a separate sign up thread for the TDF challenge? Or will the indications made on this thread be the ticket in?

I think I'll issue a new thread when I decide to open up the signups - then close this one with a link to the new thread (and backlink this thread in the first post of the old one - much the same as MFP's auto-thread splitter does - BUT at a point where I CHOOSE, not just at some random point.

Splitting would be a good idea though, because we've hit 284 posts already on one part of the challenge - so theres no way we'll get the TdF (which is often a bit more "busy" than the Giro) into this thread before rollover.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    303 as usual please :wink: :laugh:

Oh good - that's one Dossard I don't have to re-photoshop. Why do you think I keep sticking with 309! :laugh:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in and can stick with 315.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I think some people need to just slow down and take life less serious. TBY, you've done a great job with the challenge and we really appreciate all the work. I hope for the TdF, people remember that this is for fun and motivation. Thanks again for the effort you put in to it and I'm looking forward to the new challenge. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Cycle_pathic
    Cycle_pathic Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please count me in too!!! I'm happy to stick with 325, no worries there!! Had a great challenge trying to keep up with the Giro, hope for a better showing on the next one!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Since there is no vacation in the future for me I'd love to join in for the Grand Tour. 328 works for me unless you want to assign me somewhere else. I'm such an all over the place rider I'm not sure I add much to a team but I know that all mileage amounts count. :wink:
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My wife and I will be happy with whatever number you want to give us. We are not picky that way :D
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Aye why not stick me in as well sure....
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    And THIS is why I run these challenges... it really would bring a tear to a glass eye...

Thank you all, for re-confirming what a great place this is.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Indeed it is.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I liked my 313. Definitely count me in.
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy to take whatever number comes my way. Really appreciate you organising this TBY. Can't believe people still have the 'bare faced cheek' to give you grief.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a good hippie, I'll recycle my dossard. :laugh: Slot me into 323 if you don't mind. :drinker:
  • JediCounsil
    JediCounsil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in too and 329 is fine by me! Thanks Yin for such a fun and rewarding challenge!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in on it this time too!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    just to make it clear - the whole "recycling" numbers thing is actually related to the Tour you're riding... the Dossards are different for each of the three grand tours, so you'd really be helping if you picked the number you rode on LAST years TdF Challenge.

to the best of my knowledge, THIS was the startup sheet for last years TdF. If you didn't ride it, no worries - we're shooting for 4 teams anyway, and - well, it's not "set in stone" that you have to take the same number...
    301 - FatDadSlim
    302 - Christophenes
    303 - Cloggsy71
    304 - Harksy
    305 - Spatialized
    306 - KansasRider
    307 - narak_lol
    308 - Frannybobs
    309 - TheBigYin

311 - tvcjosh
    312 - BigG59
    313 - goonas
    314 - Cyclenut64
    315 -Hawkeyegal1995
    316 - Not40yet
    317 - TDSeest
    318 - mdstamand
    319 - katozdad

321 - Dahamac
    322 - glenncomisky
    323 - RoadkingDavid
    324 - CentralCaliCycling
    325 - daz_automatic
    326 - Bram61
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Number to me does not matter.
This discussion has been closed.