2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    2 week goals:

1) This week stretch only. Next week run and stretch.
    2) Keep eating like I have been eating so far this week. Meat, Seafood, Fruits, Veggies, a little dairy, a little almonds....that's it.
    3) Water Water Water
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    2 week goals:

1.) Reduce weekend drinking
    2.) Drink more water, especially on weekends
    3.) Try to get at least 1 workout in per weekend

(are we seeing a trend here? My weekends have been terrible!!)

I decided that I'm going to do a "boudoir shoot" for my fiance as a wedding gift... so I need to whip my butt into shape! (literally! my abs too.. haha) I'm going to schedule it for Oct/Nov, so I have time to get ready for it.. just more motivation!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Good to see you all back!

Beeps, sometimes you just need to do that - patio, drinks, calories...sounds divine. I saw two girls sitting on a patio at a bar on the way home from my yoga-lates class last night. They were having drinks, smoking cigarettes (I know...bad!) and just hanging out and I thought....I miss drinking. But it really hasn't been that bad. Beeps, a few good days and your faux bump will be gone! :smile:

Chloe, hope your back gets better. Good for you for being smart and taking it easy.

Shander, photo shoot sounds awesome! A friend of mine just did that. She wants to start a family this fall and wante to document her (in very good shape) body. Great motivation!

My goals:

1. Shooting for 4 workouts: I've done 2 and am getting ready to go change into running clothes. I should be able to do something this weekend hopefully although we HAVE to finish painting our house. We have 3 free weekends and then we have an 8 week stretch of events, traveling, and/or company.

2. Water. I have been doing well but need to keep it up on the weekends. It's the only way my digestion stays on track.

3. Keep eating well. I've been doing okay, but I did have a donut this morning. It was quite tasty.

4. Got to bed by 10:30. I have not been going right back to sleep after my middle of the night bathroom trip so I need to make sure I'm getting good sleep when I can.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just checking in....

Still just stretching for workouts. Diet has still been perfect. I have a pretty good deficit so far for the week and still have not had a drink! Feeling good and the scale is still moving in the right direction!
  • preetikasharma
    preetikasharma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here.
    My goals for the coming two weeks -
    1. NO JUNK. Cut down sugar consumption (only fresh fruits).
    2. Better sleeping, therefore more energy in the morning to workout.
    3. Drink at least 4l of water everyday.
  • preetikasharma
    preetikasharma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here.
    My goals for the coming two weeks -
    1. NO JUNK. Cut down sugar consumption (only fresh fruits).
    2. Better sleeping, therefore more energy in the morning to workout.
    3. Drink at least 4l of water everyday.

4. Eat less fat over the weekend. Definitely a big one for me.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey all. My week has been pretty good. I've gotten 3 workouts in. Not sure about the 4th. I had my surgery yesterday, which went well, but I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for 2 weeks. So no lifting. I'm still a bit sore, but not terrible. Nothing a little Norco can't help. :smile: This weekend I just want to continue eating relatively well and keep up with my water. Happy Friday!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the surgery is behind you Better!

I am doing quite well this week....even though I have LOTS of events and company and stuff. Today I will get my third lifting session in - that's the first time in 3 weeks that I haven't had to settle for 2!!

And, tonight, following a birthday supper for my mom and my middle son, hubby and I get to whisk away to a hotel to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary (which is on Monday). My mom and dad then leave tomorrow once hubby and I have checked out and we get a little family cocoon time before the next wave of (friends, not family....) company arrives.

BOOM!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say "hi," bump the thread, and let you all know that I haven't fallen off the planet. I'm going to try to check in periodically to see how you all are doing, but if I'm honestI'm probably not going to be checking in any more than I have been, and it'll probably less. Work is too busy when I'm at work and life is too busy when I'm home. I was sick last weekend and I'm still working on just eating what I can, so I haven't bothered logging either. And I haven't been able to exercise. So I'm not going to be terribly motiviating to anyone anyways :tongue:

But keep up the good work everyone and I'll check in when I can!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been absent too, sorry! I was at a conference and I tried to be reasonable but it's hard when you have to eat out every meal! I won't even step on the scale until next week. I am trying to keep cals low, or cycle in a few low days and lean out a bit for that dress next weekend, but after that I am going to do a training plan for warrior dash, I picked something that was online, I think there is maybe one rest day and one active rest day and then some running, lifting and circuit training.

I work out after work and it works if I get into work early, so then I can leave a little early and squeeze a workout and not feel like I am missing out. In my case, I can get in at 8am, leave at 4:30pm, workout and most people/plans aren't until 5:30 or 6pm. It helps that I can workout at the fitness center at work, too.

Sorry I couldn't respond to everyone, I skimmed:) welcome,preetik, good goals!
    Glad your surgery went well, Ashley.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Hi All -
    I made it back from Dallas! Hot and stormy there but it was good to actually see some rain!. Did not have any to speak of in Seattle which seemed odd but it was beautiful. For those of you asking we stayed in Redmond and had plans to visit several wineries :) However we made it to Chateau St Michelle (nice tour, wines on the tour were not good and in the tasting room were ok) I was expecting better as we buy their wines frequently. Then we went to the Woodinville Whiskey Company - don't laugh, we didn't taste whiskey, although it was available, but had the maple syrup that is aged in the whiskey barrels - so awesome! From there went to Matthews Estates and enjoyed them so much ended up staying there most of the afternoon talking and tasting. The final stop was a tasting room in Kirkland where some of my daughter's friends took us but I don't remember the name :embarassed: It really was an awesome time!

Dallas was great but I ate way too much of all the wrong things - this is what happens when you are locked in a conference room with food and bored with the meeting! I also did not work out other than stretching and doing some ab work in my room.

I am ready to get back to basics and to my normal way of eating! My foot is feeling great and I am going to try a really short run tomorrow to see how it does. I see the doctor again on Monday afternoon.

Welcome to the group Preetika!
    Beeps - enjoy your weekend! Happy Anniversary!
    Better - I am glad the surgery is behind you. You will be back lifting before you know it!
    Amy - I wish I had followed your direction and not stepped on the scale for a week! Saw a number this morning I haven't seen for a while and was pretty shook up!
    Ris - I hope you are feeling better, maybe we can be motivators for you or just brighten your day :happy:
    Ram - Welcome back! I really enjoyed Seattle while you were gone :drinker:

Have a good weekend! Does anyone have exciting plans for the 4th?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My month-end-June reporting is the lazy-kind....I didn't weigh. I didn't measure. My muffin-top is TOO BIG. The end.

Soooooooooooo, now that my month of celebrations and company and events is OVER, I can spend July and August truly paying attention to what I put in my mouth, and so I SHALL!

More water. Protein bars/shakes for the day. 1 x normal-sized evening meal - with protein veggies forming 3/4 of the plate and, wherever possible, skipping the starch. No after-supper food whatsoever. Booze on weekends only.

By end of July, I should be in good shape and by end of August, I should be ready to actually step on the scale.

BOOM!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I took two weeks off logging and it was pretty apparent on the scale this AM. I'm ok with 1lb a week but in the past two weeks it's been more like 2.5. I'm going to start logging again this week and see if I can scale back a bit on the weight gain. Had a pretty good weekend, filled with lot's of eating and celebrating - had a baby shower for a friend and my little sister's Birthday.

Shanaber - Matthews is one of my favorite wineries in Woodinville. No wonder you ended up staying there! So glad you got good weather, we are on a pretty decent streak right now :)

Beeps - Good goals. Sounds like you're pretty motivated to get rid of that muffin :)

Hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're right Beeps, the month of June is over today. It has been an absolutely insane month & last week was dance recital week which means crazy schedule, bad eating habits & very little exercise. All of that changes TODAY! I have a very scaled back summer schedule & I am registered for a trail run race series which begins for me this Wednesday. I can't believe I will be running a 3.6 mile trail run considering I haven't run at all in over a week and when I have it has not been very far, yikes! I will squeeze in a run tonight & just strength tomorrow & we will see how it goes on Wednesday. I also MUST cut back on the bad carbs. I ate a ridiculous amount of bread yesterday & my stomach is crazy bloated. I need to add in more greens as well, as they have been lacking in my diet lately. I think I will start logging again & checking in more regularly. It's time to get serious. Let's have a great July & August ladies!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have slacked on the logging but I am going back to it, I think it really helps me...
    Abi, trail run sounds fun, I might have to add one of those every week, there is a good trail near work I could get to it pretty easily.
    I ran Saturday but it was hot and I was slower than usual...

I splurged too much all weekend, might be PMS...

This week I am going to workout Tues and Thurs, then wedding Friday and if the dress doesn't fit I will wear another...

Then I will get to work on my obstacle course training plan, and weekly trail run:)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey ladies. My weekend was pretty good. I got in a walk and some yoga (which made me sore!) yesterday. I ate pretty well and got some stuff done around the house but relaxed a little. Must not have rested enough as I think I may have the beginning of a sinus infection. I've been congested but thought I had it beat, but I have terrible sinus pressure today - headached, gums and teeth hurt, ear hurts, and feel like my face is swolen. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm going to the dr. Between being pregnant and recovering from surgery, I think my body is just worn down. So no workout today. I'll do my yogalates-strength class tomorrow if I feel better but am going to take it easy and then see how the rest of the week goes. I did get some great news over the weekend! My biopsy results showed a benign tumor (from breast) from my surgery! So that's a relief. And we got to hear the baby's heartbeat Friday, so a very good health weekend! Which I've had a lot going on with my health over the last almost 2 months, so it seems it's all working out just fine....finally. :smile:

Have a great week ladies!
  • amysj303
    Options
    That is good news, Ashley! my friend said being pregnant can be tough on your immune system sometimes, so maybe you had allergies that turned into an infection. II think someone said you can take sudafed when you are pregnant but I am not sure.

I overdid it last night but I am going to take it slow tonight. Run around the lake and a reasonable dinner, no drinking, that's the goal!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am back from Florida! It was fun, but hot. I had actually hoped to get in a few workouts, but that never happened. I did walk..a lot! We cooked a late breakfast everyday, then ate an early dinner. I tried not to make horrible choices, but I still feel huge. I also saw some HORRIBLE pictures of myself. I think I have been in denial about my weight gain. It's time to CHANGE that!

2 Week Challenge
    1. lift 3 days, 2 days cadio, and one yoga.
    2. Prep healthy snacks and meals AND keep to it.

I can do this!!!! I feel to far behind to comment on everyone, but I will keep up now that I am back.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Amy - hope the dress works out & you have a good time

Ashley - that's good news, what a relief! Hope you feel better soon

Kc - glad Florida was fun, good luck with your challenge goals, they will help you get to where you want to be

My run last night was slow & hot. I think I only went about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I will do strength today, but just upper body as I am a little sore & need to race tomorrow night. I plan to take a yoga class tomorrow morning to get stretched out, so hopefully that will help.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's amazing what 9.5 hours of sleep will do....I feel like a new woman today! So I will do my class tonight. Still thinking about taking tomorrow off work. Don't think I can handle the jiggle of running quite yet, but will definitely get some walking in if I take the day off. One of my goals is going to be weekly yoga also. I've been using the doyogawithme website. It think Ram uses it too. Anyways, I used to yoga regularly and I have lost some flexibility and would like to get some back.

Sounds like we're all of a good track!