What's everyone currently playing?

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    dragon age origins! i made a derpy rogue. very fun.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    This past weekend I was all about the Destiny Alpha, had a lot of fun playing that. Also picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on sale for like $7 a few weeks ago and been playing Asylum.

I've actually sunk the most time into Pixal Junk Shooter on my Vita. Very addictive game and easy to pick up and then put back down. Very important with all my kiddos.

Lets see, yesterday I also played some Skyrim and got my first pieces of Ebony Armor, which is cool because I'm going for an Obsidian Sentinel build.

Also got the Mortal Kombat arcade set from Greenmangames for like $3. First time I've played the first mortal kombat since I was in middle school. actually had a fun few minutes till I had to turn it off because my kids were in the room and those 1992 blood graphics are still too gory for them...
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    mostly Far Cry 3, with a side of Space Engineers and Terraria thrown in.

You should try Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon too.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Trying to get on with watch_dogs but keep getting distracted by a minecraft project and work/life/exercise balance.
  • I'm playing FFXIV: ARR on Balmung, D3, and Smite mostly right now. Thinking about picking up Wildstar - I've heard both equally good and bad things so far. But if anyone is interested in playing any of the listed games with me, let me know :)
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    I'm playing FFXIV: ARR on Balmung, D3, and Smite mostly right now. Thinking about picking up Wildstar - I've heard both equally good and bad things so far. But if anyone is interested in playing any of the listed games with me, let me know :)

My entire guild is playing Wildstar at the moment. I just can't get back into a real MMO again....
  • eggcluck
    eggcluck Posts: 36 Member
    It was Terraria until the update made it unplayable on my system so now I mostly play Starbound or Galactic civilisations I with the occasional nit of DOTA 2. I gave up my EVE account to a friend that was the only true MMO I played.
  • Slimithy
    I'm playing FFXIV: ARR on Balmung, D3, and Smite mostly right now. Thinking about picking up Wildstar - I've heard both equally good and bad things so far. But if anyone is interested in playing any of the listed games with me, let me know :)

My entire guild is playing Wildstar at the moment. I just can't get back into a real MMO again....

This is sorta how I feel. I'm interested in Wildstar, but I just know I don't have enough time to commit to an MMO and still play other games I'm enjoying. Especially when I know I will be playing the WoW expansion when it comes out in a few months and that I am all in on Destiny when it releases. I've also not even fully leveled a toon in GW2 which i've had for a good while. I'm just worried that I would be wasting my money buying it at this point. I think I will buy it at some point in the future when it goes on sale and other games are on a lull
  • Slimithy
    It was Terraria until the update made it unplayable on my system so now I mostly play Starbound or Galactic civilisations I with the occasional nit of DOTA 2. I gave up my EVE account to a friend that was the only true MMO I played.

Just downlaoded this on my Vita last night. Only spent about 20 minutes in the tutorial. Not sure what I think about it yet.
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Wildstar, Bloodsworn, exile, Sawbonez
  • en4cerd43
    en4cerd43 Posts: 34 Member
    Watch_Dogs... The gameplay isn't great, missions are super repetitive despite all of the "innovative" hacking possibilities and I feel like I could control the game better by trying to tether a jar of peanut butter to my PS4 instead of the dual shock.

For reasons I cannot understand, I keep coming back. I'm waiting for the game to get fun but I don't feel like it's going to happen.
  • Slimithy
    Watch_Dogs... The gameplay isn't great, missions are super repetitive despite all of the "innovative" hacking possibilities and I feel like I could control the game better by trying to tether a jar of peanut butter to my PS4 instead of the dual shock.

For reasons I cannot understand, I keep coming back. I'm waiting for the game to get fun but I don't feel like it's going to happen.

I'm having fun with it. It's not as good as say GTA 5, or AC Black Flag, but I'm enjoying it enough.
  • en4cerd43
    For me the poor controls are game breaking. I don't understand why you can't shoot without aiming or why the cover system sometimes doesn't work. I don't like to focus on the negative but Watch_Dogs really drags me down. I was playing one of the gang bases earlier, going full stealth. I had taken down two of the three targets you have to knock out. After about 30 minutes of setting up traps, taking down bad guys silently, waiting for my plan to come to fruition... The third bad guy walks off a platform and falls to his death. I fail the mission because I had to knock him out.

That straw broke the camel's back. I nearly threw the disc across the room.

I'm onto Transistor now. Please don't let me down, Supergiant!
  • Slimithy
    For me the poor controls are game breaking. I don't understand why you can't shoot without aiming or why the cover system sometimes doesn't work. I don't like to focus on the negative but Watch_Dogs really drags me down. I was playing one of the gang bases earlier, going full stealth. I had taken down two of the three targets you have to knock out. After about 30 minutes of setting up traps, taking down bad guys silently, waiting for my plan to come to fruition... The third bad guy walks off a platform and falls to his death. I fail the mission because I had to knock him out.

That straw broke the camel's back. I nearly threw the disc across the room.

I'm onto Transistor now. Please don't let me down, Supergiant!

I def agree that the game is a let down from the hype leading up to it. I don't feel driven to play it at all, and that is a problem because there is no way I will buy a sequel to this game. That said, how do you like Transistor?

Currently playing:
    Watch Dogs
    Borderlands 2
    Skyrim
    Hearthstone
    Pixel Junk Shooter
    Trials Fusion

Just bought from the Steam Summer Sale and will soon be playing as soon as I find time:

Darksiders 1 & 2
    Far Cry 3
  • I am currently on a PS2 JRPG kick, so I am replaying Star Ocean: TTEoT and Rogue Galaxy. Before that I was replaying Fallout 3 and FF:Lightning Returns.
  • Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Old school for me right now.. Baldur's Gate: EE n_n
  • en4cerd43
    That said, how do you like Transistor?

It's interesting. I don't really know how to explain it. It's like a tactical RPG without any kind of turns... except you can stop time for your benefit. The attacks can be infinitely customized as it is based on combining base attacks with a multitude of powerups. I'm not super far yet, at least I don't think so... but it is enjoyable. For me; it's a good game to turn on, play a couple battles and then turn off. It autosaves often, so it's a good drop in, drop out type experience.
  • Pjames95
    Pjames95 Posts: 20 Member
    I like playing the co-op games with my pals, we've been working through the user made missions on Left4Dead 2 though now we're playing a bit of Warframe. It's ok but not great.
  • en4cerd43
    I like playing the co-op games with my pals, we've been working through the user made missions on Left4Dead 2 though now we're playing a bit of Warframe. It's ok but not great.

Warframe can be fun if you are super-patient and don't mind waiting months to earn weapons and armor. You can definitely have a decent experience without dropping any money but they really make it tempting to spend. The clan stuff was pretty cool and committing your resources to help build the clan base was kind of a cool idea.
  • en4cerd43
    I starting playing Valiant Hearts. It's amazing. Near perfect. Great fun and fairly cheap. The artwork is very stylized and sharp and the game controls are very responsive. The puzzles are not overly complex; and who doesn't like a game where your companion is an ever loyal dog?

Blacklight: Retribution is now launched in full (out of beta) and is ok if you want an FPS and don't want to spend money. The competitive stuff seems very much pay to win but the co-op stuff is cool.

Blue Estate: The Game... God awful on-rails shooter that uses the dual shock 4's accelerometer for aiming. Constantly loses centering and while you can re-center on the fly, that does not help make the shooting any better. Also, toilet humor is abound. Avoid at all costs.