June is Busting Out All Over

Options

Replies

• tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Carol I have the same problem. I do drink lots of water but I just sit here at my desk all day and eat. I eat when I am bored and boring this job is. I really should look for another but with Rick just a little less than two years from retiring and with us hopefully moving I have no real motivation to do so.

Maybe we should send smoke signals when we want to eat so the Hatters can save us from ourselves...lol

Tammy I hope you do get better results soon.

Have a great evening everyone!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Hatters :bigsmile:

Well, my last few days off before back to work today turned out to be not so much off lol... but I only have another week to do before I'm on vacation again so I can't really grumble... this upcoming week is gonna be crazy work wise; major events going on in the city ending with our Canada Day (like your 4th of July here) and traffic is gonna be insane - so to keep ME from going crazy i'm going to pack my Jethro bodine lunch bag with lots of easy to eat snackage and put on the tunes and leave an hour early every day... its just not worth the stress anymore; so I shall go to my happy place instead and just pretend I'm on a lovely drive on a beautiful day LOL.. might have to dig deep for that imagination we had as kids... but I can do it!!

I weighed in today; I'm ALMOST back to my ticker weight, only 2.1 lbs to go... like Susan, I'm going to focus on keeping up the hydration and checking whether I'm making a good, better or best choice when I feed my body - and make sure I move my parts. I have the next 6month check of all my blood work coming up in a month; but I'm not getting crazed with either anticipation of good or fear of bad this time... I'm just going to keep moving towards my goal and working on the areas I continue to struggle with - one day at a time!

I'm also working on the "mental" aspect of ME... finding the small joys every day and a little of the gratitude practice - saying yes to trying new things and no to things that no longer serve me.. I must say the positive thinking is working - I have much to be grateful for and it IS a wonderful life - and by reminding myself when things start to make me crazy that "it's not my circus, and not my monkeys"... I don't try to solve the worlds problems anymore and stay much more relaxed!!:laugh:

And I do believe I shall reward myself with a lovely stroll at the lake before work this afternoon!! So off to do a few replies then yank on the sneakers and head out.... I do belive "Hooked on a Feeling" will be at the top of the playlist this morning.... might scare the ducks if I start dancing down the trail... but... they'll get over it!! Have a great day everyone!:drinker:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Carole - sounds like updating your profile and looking at your diary has given you a lot of insight and will help you make whatever changes you want to get to your goal - well done you!

Tonya - I totally understand with hubby looking at retirement and possibly moving in the next few years that looking for a new job might seem a little not worth it.. but if being there sucks the life out of you... maybe play with the idea of just looking around to see if there's anything out there that combines what you like doing with getting paid?? might be a long shot.. but it can't hurt to look.. or even if that's not realistic for now,maybe try to find some activity you enjoy to bring some joy back after a long day... ? maybe take in a movie with a friend, or curl up with a book you've been dying to read... whatever it is that brings you some happy into your day?

Tammy - it must have been a hard day getting those results... a bit of a punch in the gut after all your hard work?? But it sounds like theres a good plan in place by your health professionals to stop any further muscle loss... did they suggest any strength training? I think either my doc or someone said to me that I was to start the ST stuff to build muscle... I think... but admit I can't remember Why I am supposed to do it.. just that I am! Glad to hear you're going to follow their advice with the 3 meals and cut back on the exercise aspect til they see whats going on... I have no doubt the changes will help you see fab rsults!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    bc1d008b-47d5-4aa3-a9e9-1bb0912663b4_zps18550517.jpg

Yikes!!! That "Quote" button is right beside the "report post" button... I almost clicked the wrong one and reported ya Susan!!! LOL

But this was such a fab quote for the start of the month, I thought it should take us to the end of the month as well!!
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Snoozie,

I have been here 10 years and hate to give up the vacation time. The job isn't hard its just damn boring. I used to feel challenged at my other job and every day was a new adventure. This one keeps me pigeon holed doing nothing "because I am so good at what I do" so says the boss. We did have a heated discussion in March about my lack of a raise and such and I mentioned that he has kept me from moving forward by refusing to accept that I want to work in the lab. Should I have pushed harder a few years ago? yes, did I......NO. I didn't want to make waves. Same problem I have always had. I don't want people to be mad at me. Now that I am getting older it doesn't seem to bother me as much and I am speaking my mind more often. I wish I could look elsewhere but that would also mean a possible lapse in insurance and since I am the provider it makes it difficult. Sounds like excuses doesn't it? Did I mention that I have interviewed for a few other jobs in the past 4 years? I didn't get another call back or anything so it does have me scared to try again. I am of a certain age and I don't have a college education.

Anyway, I am walking in the afternoons with my daughter.3-5 days a week a mile or more each time. I am trying to motivate each of us and to get us out of our depression. She refuses to admit she is but I can see a difference lately. She hasn't had any success in getting pregnant and I know that worries her. It doesn't help that her MIL makes comments constantly about how easy it was for her and such things. They never see them without her making some kind of remark even though Derek and Cassie have asked her to stop.

Enough of my ramblings.....Have a great day and stay hydrated we only have a few more days left in the month!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks snoozie... gonna have a nice salad for dinner with a turkey sandwich....

I had chick filet for lunch - that was my treat... and yes the sandwich and waffle fries were yums....

No junk (just a jello pudding) and lots of water in store for today...

I had today off of work :happy: - Jr's med appt and I had a nice lunch with him and also went for an oil change and tire rotation...

Jr's cast came off today - on Memorial Day he decided to go to the Jersey Shore with friends... his pager fell / he dropped it - whatever - decided he had to save it... jumped off the boardwalk 10 feet onto the sand (luckily he was wearing sneakers, landed on sand (not concrete or water) - and yes, I've always had a glass 1/2 full mentality... (and the pager is fine... giggles) and he only broke his wrist and not any other body parts (ie back foot head etc)....

This is my village and refuge... well, the laundry is waiting and salads have to be made...

By the way I also have a med appt for myself tomorrow... neurology ... feel fine, just a check in...:happy: (and another day off work... oh darn:wink: )

Snoozie - glad you treat yourself with a walk - good on ya
    Tonya - know the feeling - 5 yrs and change me and my knowlege walk / dance out the door:laugh:
    Susan - how's the dental work... hopefully done?
    Gail - thanks for helping us clean out the junk...
    Patrice - thanks for checking in...
    Tammy - thanks for keeping it real

Not sure if I missed anyone... if so, sorry... just let me know..

If we need a second car... I have room - anyone else?

See you soon:glasses: :laugh:

Carol:flowerforyou:
  • PurpleLogic
    Options
    What the HECK!!!
    I attempted to follow a yoga video... Seems that is impossible for me. I cannot WATCH and PERFORM at the same time LOL! - How do you see the tv AND do a downward facing dog thingy?
    So instead I tried some of the things (yoga ish) I have done my whole life and WHAM!!! My body does not move that way anymore. So sux!!!
    So I will be working on stretching those blasted muscles.
    Meno stole my brain, replaced it with this tummy and I am taking back my mobility!!!
    THIS IS WAR!!!
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Carol and Purple, I lose everything. For two days I have asked my daughter if I left my key card at her house. Normally, I have it clipped to my pants but with us walking I thought I left it on her dining room table. Did I ? No, she found it in my purse. Doesn't that make me look foolish? I hate being forgetful. I don't mind being older, I am so glad I have lived this long. I really never thought I would live to see 30 so 49 this year is a blessing. Menopause set in around 32 or so and for that I am scared that Cassie may never have have the pain or joy that I had in having children. Let's hope that things are different for her.

Purple, I still try to stretch every day even though I can't move a lot during my work day.
    Carol, I had Sonic yesterday cause it was the easiest and closest thing to my work place. I felt so guilty. I have been trying harder with the adult beverages and eating crap. I don't post my diary completion but it is there for all to see. Crap has such a comfort level for me and I am not sure how to correct it. Biggest comfort food is bacon grilled cheese sandwich and chips or fries......what does that say?

I would love for all of the hatters to show up at the house, it would be such a good time. The first day we could just have a party. The second day would be a jam session on how we can survive this world we are in. If you are in the area give me a shout and you will always have a place to stay!

Have a great day my friends! If I can remember how to do it I will post a pic of my baseball fever toes and my patriotic thumbs!

Tonya
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Never be afraid of growing older - it's a privilege denied to many" (Unknown) :flowerforyou:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Well.. tomorrow is July 1st.. anyone have any ideas or thoughts about a topic or theme for this month to get us motivated to progress towards our goals
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Hey snoozie....

I'm waiting too.... giggles...

How about an Independence Day / Canada Day theme???? - btw what date is Canada Day???? Did it just pass????

Carol
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Never be afraid of growing older - it's a privilege denied to many" (Unknown) :flowerforyou:

LOVE THIS!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hey snoozie....

I'm waiting too.... giggles...

How about an Independence Day / Canada Day theme???? - btw what date is Canada Day???? Did it just pass????

Carol

No, it's tomorrow here Carole.... July 1st is our 4th of July type day..

I was thinking more topic wise about something that would inspire us in our weight loss / health and fitness goals...???
    But I'm up for whatever the group wants
  • Snooozie
    Options

LOVE THIS!!!!

:smile: it's one of my fav's too Susan....:bigsmile:
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well.. tomorrow is July 1st.. anyone have any ideas or thoughts about a topic or theme for this month to get us motivated to progress towards our goals

How about this.....

Since July is the month of Independence Day, we have a theme related to freedom....Free to be Healthy ...
    Free_zps5d6dfdb1.jpg

And then each week we could have a topic of a specific area of healthy living we are striving towards, such as healthy thoughts, healthy recipes, healthy movement, etc
  • cbmcphillips
    Options

How about this.....

Since July is the month of Independence Day, we have a theme related to freedom....Free to be Healthy ...
    Free_zps5d6dfdb1.jpg

And then each week we could have a topic of a specific area of healthy living we are striving towards, such as healthy thoughts, healthy recipes, healthy movement, etc

Sounds good to me... let's start with healthy eating... with barbeques this week....

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I love that idea, Susan!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I love that idea, Susan!

I love it toooooooooo - GREAT PIC as well Susan....... !!!!! you DO always manage to find such fab pics to inspire us!
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    I'm in!

Healthy is where I need to focus, even though other than an occasional HBP I am healthy according to the last check up I had. I am just super fluffy. If I don't want to buy a new suit for the beach I have to lose a few before September. I am trying to really focus for July. Hey, I have been so much better about logging the last week or so and I am hoping to gain some knowledge from all of you.

Have a great Canada Day!
  • PurpleLogic
    Options
    I bought my first "fat lady" bathing suit this year!! I went a couple years just avoiding wearing one since I was in total denial and KNEW this weight would just drop when I wanted to wear a suit LOL
    So now insted of lounging on the sand, I am in the water moving as much as I can!! Oh and discovered the Time and Spot the lifeguards work out... a bevy of boys flexing muscles makes for nice view!!