JULY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Still recovering so will aim for 750 miles. Will be away at the end of the month touring so final figures will be late

02-07: 55.25 miles
    July miles: 55.25

YTD miles: 6297

DCMAT - There is something wrong with the statement, "Still recovering so will aim for 750 miles." Most of us don't do that in a couple of months and we're not sporting a multi-colored ankle. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    7/3 & 7/4 - 6 miles

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Got a great ride in yesterday.

exercise.png
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 8.2 walking miles for today

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    1 Jul 5.6miles
    2 Jul 4.4 miles
    3 jul 1.3 miles
    4 Jul 5 miles
    5 Jul 3.1 miles

MTD 19.4 miles

Boy a big week - promotion at work - longer hours - and I am in NZ It has been very cold and windy :ohwell:

ETA I am also in fitbit group now:bigsmile:
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    7/3 - 4.5 miles (walking/running)
    7/4 - 5 miles (walking)
    Total to date: 21.75 of 130 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options

Boy a big week - promotion at work - longer hours - and I am in NZ It has been very cold and windy :ohwell:

ETA I am also in fitbit group now:bigsmile:

Way to go!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Did 4.1 miles today. Crossed paths with the same 20-something shirtless guy three times out there (no, not on purpose) and he gave me a thumbs up on one pass. That was nice, because when you're fat and out there, you think the thin ones are wondering what the heck you're doing off the couch.

@kar328
    Each and every time I read something like this, I think of the following text that I red about 2 years ago, just after joining MFP. And it does come back from time to time on the blogs & forums.

A must read. Soooo inspiring and so definitely true! And just not for running or for sports. True in everyday life. Just sit back & take the time to read this... :drinker: I personally printed it and do read it from time to time. It's just a great reminder... :flowerforyou:

http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Also, please take a moment to read the author's note at the bottom of the text. And if you feel like it, the hundreds of comments after that...
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Did 4.1 miles today. Crossed paths with the same 20-something shirtless guy three times out there (no, not on purpose) and he gave me a thumbs up on one pass. That was nice, because when you're fat and out there, you think the thin ones are wondering what the heck you're doing off the couch.

@kar328
    Each and every time I read something like this, I think of the following text that I red about 2 years ago, just after joining MFP. And it does come back from time to time on the blogs & forums.

A must read. Soooo inspiring and so definitely true! And just not for running or for sports. True in everyday life. Just sit back & take the time to read this... :drinker: I personally printed it and do read it from time to time. It's just a great reminder... :flowerforyou:

^^ this ... both of you great inspiration!
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 12 miles. Hope everyone had a great 4th!

exercise.png
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 1.3 miles
    July 2 - 1.0 miles
    July 3 - 1.6 miles
    July 4 - 3.25 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    7/5 - 3.3 miles exercise bike

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/1: bicycling 16.85km
    7/3: bicycling 15.4km
    7/4: bicycling 19.22km
    7/5: bicycling 30.53km

Total: 82km
    Left: 218km

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    kid-kicking-ball.gif
    BWAHAHAHA!!! Omg.....

Sorry I've been a little slack on updating the spreadsheet....been a little too busy taking a rest day for the Holiday. :bigsmile: I'm back at it full steam ahead today!! :drinker:

Dave

=============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHA!!! Omg.....

Sorry I've been a little slack on updating the spreadsheet....been a little too busy taking a rest day for the Holiday. :bigsmile: I'm back at it full steam ahead today!! :drinker:

Dave

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

You're fine Dave. Nobody should have expected updates when you're supposed to be spending time celebrating the 4th and resting. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'll try not to let you down this month. Let's see if I can make goal and then cook it like a BBQ spare rib. :laugh:
  • CB1568
    CB1568 Posts: 8
    Options
    exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options

@kar328

Also, please take a moment to read the author's note at the bottom of the text. And if you feel like it, the hundreds of comments after that...

:flowerforyou: Thanks. I have read it before (I have it printed out as well) but it's always worth looking at. I hadn't seen the updates - interesting. It did make me tear up the first time. It also makes me realize I've come a long way - when I was first going around the lake, I'd never run when anyone could see me, but then doing C25K, the timer was about to make me run past a couple walking their dog. I sucked it up and went for it and only the dog cared.

Today was 3.7 miles - the geese were in a grumpy mood and I got hissed by several as I walked past. I know they're a gaggle, but it felt more like a gang to me. :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options

Is it okay if I take that to apply to a fat Boy too? :blushing::bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.