Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Yesterday, I binged. I shut off my brain and binged hard. Not even things I liked. I don't know what I was thinking, because I had already agreed to go to an hour long cardio class with someone. I still went. I may have felt like puking half the time, but I went and I did my exercise. I definitely didn't negate what I did to myself, but it made me feel accomplished and want to improve myself again. I'm proud of myself for going through with my original exercise plans and not letting a binge get me down.

Good job on sticking with the original exercise plans. You should be proud of that and the fact that you want to better yourself. You can get there!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That's great Crepes!

Today I'm proud of myself for biking to the grocery store for real food instead of giving in to the convenience and desire for fast food. I got more nutrition for doing so, and I feel good about my choices instead of guilty for giving in.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Some great victories here!

Mine from today is not buying any ice cream or chips or any binge foods while in grocery shopped today.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    today I am proud of myself for making it 7 days with out binging!! longest in a very long time!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Welsh gem, that's fantastic! I haven't gone that long in...a long time :P

Chocolate in my son's treat cupboard is calling my name but I know if I open the package I will eat it all. So, I am going to bed.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    ... not eating the whole frozen pizza last night. Major win for me :-)
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for packing my lunch. I will grab this bull by the horns and overcome the binge.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for packing a breakfast and lunch and pre-logging my food today. I've been on a streak of binging due to stress. Days of hiding food, buying from multiple places, lying to people about whether or not I had eaten already in order to get more... it's been horrible. Really, really bad. To be perfectly honest, I'm incredibly sad about this. I need help desperately. I have numbers for therapists and counselors - I just need to schedule an appointment.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    resisting fast food most days and logging it all even though I have binged 4 days! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Sometimes it can be difficult to see the good through all of the bad. We are so quick to point out what we've done wrong, what we need to fix, how "bad" we were. Our own self-talk is very powerful. Yet we are more apt to point out our flaws and focus on the negative than finding the positive! Let's be honest, there are SO many more positives in our lives than negatives. But if all you hear is the negative, it can seem like everything .

Let's take a chance in the other direction. Let's find out just how much further we can go by being positive instead of negative.

In this thread, post something you've done today that you're proud of. Did you manage to get in that 20 min workout? Achieved a new PR in your lifts? Maybe you found a new hobby you enjoy? Or moderated a food you may have binged on in the past? Anything. Food related, fitness related, LIFE related; it doesn't matter. The point is to be proud of your accomplishments, be they big or small. The point is to remember that you do great things every day. The point is to find the positive .

The only rule here: no negative talk! Ready? Say it with me now ......

"Today I'm proud of myself for ___________".
    Please remember the purpose of this thread is to focus on positives we are proud of and want to share -- as stated above by author of thread. As a moderator I will delete any negative posts on this thread. Please feel free to use other threads within the group to vent or start your own thread for support but this thread needs to be free from negative posts.

As stated above, "Let's take a chance in the other direction. Let's find out just how much further we can go by being positive instead of negative."

Sending positive vibes your way!!:flowerforyou:
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    today I am proud of myself because I seriously wanted to binge yesterday and sat at my friends waiting to go home to binge and I surfed the urge and DIDNT!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! lol!! one day at a time :-)
  • crepes_
    Options
    today I am proud of myself because I seriously wanted to binge yesterday and sat at my friends waiting to go home to binge and I surfed the urge and DIDNT!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! lol!! one day at a time :-)

Thats so great! Congrats on a great step in the right direction!!
  • crepes_
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for making a good breakfast choice! I wanted a greasy breakfast sandwich at first, which for me tends to lead to a bad kind of day. I said no and went for a bowl of fruit instead. I always feel better when I eat something bright and refreshing. You are what you eat! I'm taking this one day at a time. Really, one hour at a time.
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    No binge last night!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    2 nights in a row, I avoided a night-time binge with cereal.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    1. 3 nights in a row, I avoided a night-time binge with cereal.

2. Yesterday was a family day, and when I ate out - I chose healthy options.

3. And I weighed myself (1st time in over 3 weeks) - my weight is back up to where it should be, maybe a pound higher than I want. But I am back up to 138 (BMI of 21.1) and I am not going to freak out and restrict for a couple days. I'm OK.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Keep up the good work Everyone! Rocking it Dennis!! Very inspiring stuff!! Sending positive vibes your way!

.......of myself for logging it all this month despite having 4 binge days :ohwell: :wink:
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Thank You! I am so happy. Even got in a 13 mile jog today.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I a proud of myself for finding this group and for wanting to learn how to say no to "The Binge"

":