Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just done W6D2 ..it was a struggle on the second lot of 10 minutes but i got through it somehow. Gearing myself up for that 25 minutes on Friday haha!
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done! I'm really loving this program
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody. Keep running!
    Yesterday I did W6D1. It didn't go well. I made the first 10 mins went fine....but the last 10 I had to stop probably on the last 2 mins and walk. I got some fierce stomach cramps and was either going to throw up or...well...you get the picture. :(

I just got back from a camping trip and had not run in almost 6 days, plus we ate not so well on the trip so I'm sure that played a role.

...but I'm not discouraged. I'll try it again tomorrow morning. Gotta get back on the horse. ;)
    I've just done W6D2 ..it was a struggle on the second lot of 10 minutes but i got through it somehow. Gearing myself up for that 25 minutes on Friday haha!

Slow down- you can do this!
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Repeating week 4 for my running buddy, but she is now out with an injury for a few weeks. At least I am far enough in that I look forward to my runs, so that we don't have to keep motivating each other.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Redid W8D2 this evening and I ended up running for 37 minutes because it felt great! I hadn't run since I got sick last Friday and I guess I missed it. At 40:30 (5 minutes walking, 35:30 running), I hit 3.1 miles, so I guess that's my time to beat!
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Finished W1 D3 today, did an extra minute of running. Really enjoying myself, but I feel like the hard work is going to begin soon. Hopefully I can keep myself motivated!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 done! I think next week is when it's going to get really challenging for me. Six more weeks of the program and seven weeks until my first 5K.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 done. Was a warm run this morning :ohwell:
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Did week 3 day 3 today. Still trying to work on form, and I think I might have been going too fast. I'm also nit resting between days as I'm testing out different running apps lol. Next week I will be able to bike on rest days which will be nice..
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Did Week 4 Day 3 this morning and I think I'm going to repeat next week. I completed it fine but still felt challenged and a bit winded at the end of it - during my final run I found myself asking the woman in my program would she hurry up and tell me to walk (smile). Is it a good idea to feel like one week's particular level is not really challenging you before moving on to the next or should a person just press on in order...?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Did Week 4 Day 3 this morning and I think I'm going to repeat next week. I completed it fine but still felt challenged and a bit winded at the end of it - during my final run I found myself asking the woman in my program would she hurry up and tell me to walk (smile). Is it a good idea to feel like one week's particular level is not really challenging you before moving on to the next or should a person just press on in order...?

Way to go! I'd say move on to week 5. You completed week 4! Maybe just slow down a bit...
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    W8D1
    9:49 miles. I did not mean to. But I feel great about it :)
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Finished week 4 for a second time today.

So I've been running for 5 weeks now, and I thought I'd just like to tell everyone the differences I've noticed (aside from being able to run longer periods than I have ever been able to do before).

-When I first started I was panting. Sounded like a dog. Seriously, the 60 second runs had me sounding like I was about to die. My breathing is under much better control, and without any effort on my part anymore.

-My running form has worked itself out, so now I have really good posture, and also have a good midfoot impact. All this just my body going "no, this is the easiest way to run, so do it"

-That good posture has worked its way to my regular daily life. I walk taller with my head held up and my back straight instead of slouching.

-My legs feel stronger. Just walking around at work I feel that my legs have more power behind every step I take.

-No real scale difference, but I can SEE fat disappearing off my body. I've already had to buy new undergarments that fit. (Running also paired with eating healthier)

-I have MUCH more energy than I used to. And happiness. On days I run I am bubbly and happy after. Whoohoo endorphins!

So much good stuff. So happy and proud of myself.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3. I was a little worried about running for 20 minutes straight but I did it!! I ran barely over 1.75 miles which works out to 5.27 MPH. I felt like I was going so slow! My Air Force son briefed me on proper posture and foot strike before I started the program and I think that is much better! Even though I envision my self looking more like a T-Rex running!
    But what I don't understand is, why do I run 20 minutes today then next run is run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, and run 5? I figured I would be running all the time and trying to increase my time and stamina. But I'm going to trust the program. It hasn't failed me yet. Every time I move to a longer run, I worry I won't be able to do it but it works!
    I LOVE C25K!!!????
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just done W6D3 :) Usually run at 5mph on the treadmill, but took it down to 4.5mph today and got through the 25 minutes easily without being out of breath Such a great feeling being able to run for that long!
  • kristinwesterfield
    kristinwesterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Week 5, day 2 complete! Was proud of my 8 minute runs and even tacked an extra minute to the last one to prove to myself I could. But mostly just scared of week 5 day 3 as I've been staring at it for weeks wondering how that's going to work and now it is here. Time to trust the program... Was everyone else sure they wouldn't make it through?
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well, I was supposed to do W1D3 this morning, but when I got home my app showed that I had actually done W2D1 instead! Oops! How would you proceed if you were me? I was able to complete it without too much difficulty.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Week 5, day 2 complete! Was proud of my 8 minute runs and even tacked an extra minute to the last one to prove to myself I could. But mostly just scared of week 5 day 3 as I've been staring at it for weeks wondering how that's going to work and now it is here. Time to trust the program... Was everyone else sure they wouldn't make it through?
    Was pretty sure I could do it physically, as the other days had been going well. Wasn't too sure what I was going to do in my head for that long. It actually went by pretty quickly and today I completed Week 6, day 3- 22 minutes of running. No intervals after this, just goes to 25 minutes all of next week. Whoo hoo!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Finished week 8 last night. Can't believe I'll be starting my last week tomorrow! I'm still not totally comfortable with the long runs. They feel pretty difficult each time, though Ive made it through all but once (thanks, hills of Cincinnati). A friend who ran a half marathon told me that the first two miles always suck when you're running, and considering I'm running a 12:45 mile, those first two miles make up the bulk of my runs. I do start to feel a bit better around 25 minutes, I think. I just wish that would kick in sooner!
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Well, I was supposed to do W1D3 this morning, but when I got home my app showed that I had actually done W2D1 instead! Oops! How would you proceed if you were me? I was able to complete it without too much difficulty.

I personally would just do all of week 2 this upcoming week, pretend that you did the right thing on the last one and start week two as if you hadn't done one of the workouts already..