Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I need some ideas for what kind of ice cream to make next. Thinking maybe choc. chip mint or cookies and cream.... but those are so boring.

I've been wanting to try something with malted milk balls. Just trying to decide whether the base should be chocolate malt, or vanilla, or just chocolate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I need some ideas for what kind of ice cream to make next. Thinking maybe choc. chip mint or cookies and cream.... but those are so boring.

How about pretzels with your salted caramel and maybe some chocolate in there too?

Or along the lines of the brambleberry crisp that Acrylics had from Jeni's - what about something with blackberries and oat clusters?

I made a chocolate heath bar ice cream once that was pretty good - I forgot about that one when I said my only success has ever been with vanilla...
  • WinoGelato
    I found randomly at Target a very unexpectedly delicious ice cream:

12+mini+donut.jpg

At 150 cals a serving, how could I say no?

Looks interesting - I was pleasantly surprised by one of the Target brand ice creams once, but once I discovered Talenti there I haven't gone back to the store brand stuff...
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member

I've been wanting to try something with malted milk balls. Just trying to decide whether the base should be chocolate malt, or vanilla, or just chocolate.
    My mother makes chocolate malt gelato. Usually the base is vanilla malt with chocolate chunks but the beauty part is it can be any combination and it is still awesome.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

It's quite sad that I have yet to find malted milk balls flavor. I asked Fairway to order it and they haven't complied. I'm not sure if they realize I'm probably the customer in that particular store that spends the most money per month on ice cream.

It's too bad you don't have Publix up there. I'm sure it doesn't compare to Caio Bella but they've got a decent store brand with malt balls that's only 170 calories per serving I think.

Our Fresh Market has Caio Bella but so far not that flavor. :grumble:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

My mother makes chocolate malt gelato. Usually the base is vanilla malt with chocolate chunks but the beauty part is it can be any combination and it is still awesome.

That sounds good
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member

How about pretzels with your salted caramel and maybe some chocolate in there too?

Or along the lines of the brambleberry crisp that Acrylics had from Jeni's - what about something with blackberries and oat clusters?

I made a chocolate heath bar ice cream once that was pretty good - I forgot about that one when I said my only success has ever been with vanilla...

Oh I just found this recipe a version of Jeni's brambleberry crisp

http://www.turningithome.com/2013/04/berry-crisp-ice-cream-jenis-way.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    We definitely need a recipe thread. BRB.
  • GiveMeCoffee

Yes a recipe thread is a must!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Yes a recipe thread is a must!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1358455-post-your-ice-cream-gelato-recipes
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Wow, get out of my head. I'm finishing up a job right now and I swear I thought the same thing was needed. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jw put up some amazing creations.

I'll go in later and type something better up for the OP, but for now it's there if anyone's got anything fabulous to post.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    I added 2 different chocolate malted, I'll add the salted caramel recipe in a bit.
  • WinoGelato
    Someone asked earlier, but are we limiting this to gelato and ice cream? Or all Sweets? Just trying to get the rules down...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Someone asked earlier, but are we limiting this to gelato and ice cream? Or all Sweets? Just trying to get the rules down...
    I had seen that donut and at the same time was asked if pizza would be okay and I got a headache contemplating. I did have it in mind originally to be limited to ice cream and gelato but honestly the people in this group love all things sweet. We all know that. I kind of felt like a dummy saying no to a donut when that's in the group of things we all enjoy. So honestly I think being that this space is ours, then you guys really have the word on that.

The only thing I will really oppose it the imitation stuff, we all know what that is.

Well if you see me posting about imitation stuff please come to Jersey and kick my *kitten* thanks :)
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    i'm just gonna leave this here

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

i'm not a big coffee person, but I love donuts. This ice cream was amazing.

edit: I give up playing with this trying to resize
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Seriously bro, how many times am I going to tell you to stop using a potato for a camera.

not my pic...

bish
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    I have one of these but the handle is broken and the company is backordered on spare parts - just in time for Summer -grrrrrrrr

2317-500x500.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    I have one of these but the handle is broken and the company is backordered on spare parts - just in time for Summer -grrrrrrrr

2317-500x500.jpg

Damn now that brings back the old ice cream making hand crank days... I'm too lazy for that now electric one for me :) 30 minutes of churning not 3 hours
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Seriously bro, how many times am I going to tell you to stop using a potato for a camera.

not my pic...

bish
    Damn amateur.
    that looks so good.

BSnLkh2.jpg?1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    fro_pid_3502321_z.jpg

I'm having this tonight. If I'd realized there wouldn't be any good pictures online I would have taken some of my own.

If you have access to this, buy it. I'm not always a huge peanut butter lover-- I didn't care for Ben & Jerry's peanut butter ice cream at all. This one is really good though-- it's sweeter, more like Reese's filling.

I think this pint was even better than the first one-- it had a lot more chocolate in it.