Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D3!! My kids wanted to go with me, but I knew they wouldn't be able to run it, so they biked a head while I ran the full 20 minutes. They helped push me and kept me going :). Pretty sure right now I'm feeling my first "runners high"... I haven't run in over 10 years, but would walk for 3 miles or so when the weather was nice enough. About 2 months ago I decided I wanted to turn my walks into runs, and discovered this app. I love it!!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel like a novice here! Completed week 3 day one yesterday and did it fine, had to restrain from doing a little dance when I ran 3 minutes straight, as stupid as it sounds I don't think I have ever ran for three minutes straight (and yet I've managed to complete THREE TRIATHLONS.....!). I would so recommend this app to anyone, if it's got a runaphobe like me to be able to do that then it can work miracles!

kristinwester: thanks for the app suggestion, I have just downloaded it and it looks really good :)

I remember that feeling!! I can't believe you have done a few triathlons without being able to run more than 3 minutes at a time! That's pretty inspiring for others!!

I'm going to check out that app...
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    UtahWI -- I hadn't thought to use Pandora! I'll definitely give that a try.

Just got home from W9D2. This was a doozy. First time I've had to slow down, and I had to slow down a second time so I ended up only running .5mph faster than my walking warmup for the second half. It's hard not to be disheartened by that, but I finished it, which is my ultimate goal.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Did W4D1 on a trail today. Proud that I got out and did it, had a root canal yesterday and still in pain. It would have been super easy to put it off and stay on the couch, but I kept at it thinking about how happy I would be that I did...... and what kind of soft and mooshy foods I could eat after!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    After a sinus infection threw me for a loop last week I finally did wk 2 day 3. I'm going to repeat the week again though. I'm not sure I'm prepared to move on, especially after the sinus infection. But my 5k isn't until Oct. 5 so I have plenty of time :).
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I need motivation for running in the rain. It's been like this all week and I don't have the motivation to go out. I hate getting wet in the rain!
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W5D2 was EASY!!! I think I am totally gonna kill D3!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    ang, I love running in the rain! That's the only time it's been cool enough for me to run here. Plus, there's hardly anyone else out so you don't have to dodge people. And sweatiness isn't as obvious because, well, you're even more soaked from the rain. Plus, it kind of makes you feel more badass, somehow? Anyway, you can do this! Go out, get wet, come home, shower, and stuff your shoes with towels and switch them out after an hour or two. You can do this!
  • rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've just done W1D2, it was raining when I got up so I postponed it a few minutes till it stopped - but it wouldn't have killed me to run in the rain so next time I shall just do it! I am INCREDIBLY slow - about 3.5mph! - but I am doing it!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    I've just done W1D2, it was raining when I got up so I postponed it a few minutes till it stopped - but it wouldn't have killed me to run in the rain so next time I shall just do it! I am INCREDIBLY slow - about 3.5mph! - but I am doing it!

Slow and steady is what wins the race my friend :) You are doing awesome!!
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've done W7D2 today, wasn't too bad - getting used to the longer runs. Feeling a summer cold coming on though, hope it doesn't interfere with my exercise too much!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Some of my best runs have been in the rain!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've not run in the rain. I am afraid I'll slip and fall and I HATE walking around in wet shoes! But there have been a few times I had to postpone a run because of rain which really makes me mad!! Maybe next time, I'll just do it.

I did W6D1 Monday. It seemed a little rougher than the 20 minute run last week. Doing D2 this evening.????
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Was supposed to do wk 4 day 2 today, I went out and just tried to run instead. Pretty sure there is a total of 16 minutes for today split up into intervals, I ran 1.6 miles ( I had mapped out the turnaround point for the 5 k so I ran there) in 17 minutes. Felt pretty proud of myself. I don't think it will hurt my progress in the program. I'm going to just move on to w4d3 Friday.
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    W8d1 today. It wasn't as hot/humid so I pushed myself to run faster (since I generally run pretty slow!). I was thrilled to run the whole 28 minutes without stopping and get a new best mile time.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 complete!! :happy: Love the feeling of completion, hate the sweaty mess I am afterwards LOL
  • laurennichole529
    laurennichole529 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 5 Day 3!! Feels so good to be able to run (albeit very slowly) for 20 straight minutes.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just finished W7D3! Only two more weeks left! And only about 4 weeks till i do a charity 5k :noway:
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, Week 3 Day 1 finished. Those three minute runs were hard on my calves. I finished though, and it wasn't as grueling as I expected. I'm scared for the coming weeks though.
  • rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D2 this morning - first week done! I'm finding it hard but strangely enjoyable! And I love the feeling of accomplishment once I'm done - really sets me up for the day.