2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Amy, that food all sounds good! Yummy and protein-rich! BOSS!

jess1jane - I think weighing during TOM is just a mind-*kitten*. I avoid it.

chelneal - good luck with all that marathon training....that is sooooo not my "thing".

Today, I lifted and that's 2 - in a row, baby!

BOOM!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is having a great week. Too much for me to circle back on, but here's what I can see:

Beeps: great goals! Cutting out the booze kinda sucks, but man does it make a difference.

Amy: Your dinner sounds delicious, good luck with the weigh in.

Jess1Jane: So hard to be disappointed during TOM/a potential weight gain, but that's a good goal to have!

Chelneal: We all have up and down days, but sounds like you'll be making all the changes you need to make for the rest of the
    week! That's all you can do :)

Week has been going ok so far. Done really well with my eating. I'm trying to cut back on processed carbs/sugar to see if I can stabilize my weight gain. I had a Dr. appt. yesterday and I've um gained quite a bit of weight (18 lbs up at 24 weeks) and most of the weight gain has come in the last month and a half. Dr. isn't too concerned yet, but also said that my belly is measuring "big" so we'll likely have to do a 3rd utlrasound to make sure the baby isn't a giant, awesome.

Workouts have taken a back seat this week as I'm trying to get the trim in my hubbies office painted while he's out of town for the week, but I plan on getting at least two lifts in and getting in as much walking time as I can on days I don't do a dedicated workout. It's been VERY hot here (high 80's/low 90's) which is making walking a challenge unfortunately. Anyway, my goals for this week are:

Lower my processed carb/sugar intake
    WATER
    Walking everyday I don't lift
    Lift 2x
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Had an incredibly busy day today - by the time I got up from my desk this afternoon to finally take a shower I realized I had yet another meeting call to be on and needed to leave for the gym immediately after that AND I hadn't eaten lunch or anything since 9am and it was nearly 3! Boo! I got a fast shower in, got on the call and it ended up running long so I changed for the gym and drove there, still on the call...When I got home I still had a good 3 hours of work to finish up. Hubby and sister-in-law went out for pastrami sandwiches and fries while I worked. I ended up with leftover veggie pizza - not great but better (calories) than the sandwich and fries! I ended up being under for the day - just barely but my macros were seriously out of balance. I am exhausted but determined that tomorrow will be a better day! I can't do too many more like the last 4 or so have been...
    Even though it is really late I am getting up early to head out for a run before it can get crazy or too hot!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ramalem - those u/s that say "ginormous" baby are kind of ALWAYS wrong!! Every woman I know who says, "u/s says my baby is 10 lbs!!" turns out to be 8.5 lbs...or whatever.

shanaber - congrats on the running!! I know you wanted to get back into that.

I'm going back for MORE lifting.

My scale weight isn't changing. I hate that.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Shanaber: I hate telephone meetings...I have at least 3 per week that last at least 2 hrs each. I finally got a headset so I can at least stand while they are talking.

Ramalem: I don't have kids but I think it is great you are really focused on your health...I have had lots of friends (in the military) that go "all out" and then they only have 6 months before they have to do a fitness test or deploy and life sucks for them as they try to crash diet off 30+lbs.

So yesterday wasn't so bad, calories came in pretty close to goal and got my 20g of protein in each meal in....even if they were from a McDouble (my total weakness). I made it to my toning class and I love it b/c the lady is also a personal trainer so at the start of each class she asks what each one of us wants out of the class that day and then tailors the moves...I said hip flexor again and then most ladies said "belly pooch"...so lots of buns and abs :) I need to work on upper body stuff more, we do some but not a lot. I broke my right arm 2x in the last year so I am pretty weak. I need to start working up to 45 push-ups by Oct. Scale still hasn't budged...haven't measured but my shorts are still kina tight LOL.

Today calories are looking kinda iffy...a bit high if I stick to my grub plan :) but I have a 4-5 mile run this afternoon (supposed to be hot and humid though). Now that my mileage is going up, I have to start adding in pre-run/post-run nutrition which is seriously cutting into my main meals. I just placed my order for recovery bars, electrolytes, and 2+ hour run re-fuels ($100 gak!)

Looking forward to training next week...it is going to be interesting how my plans are going to overlap. I hired a coach for the marathon training mainly b/c being new here, and finding 20+ miles of decent (safe) running road is tough, and also to try and meet folks. I am still on schedule for the half in Aug, so there will only really be a 1 month overlap (bring on the food!). Since I am obviously off my meds, I also put my name in the hat to attend the Marine Corp (I am AF) month long leadership course at Quantico....Meh...may regret that later in life.

So onward we go...hoorah Chairforce! ;)
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I officially decided to eat back half of the calories I burn during my cardio sessions. So, now I'm thinking it is less than likely I will win a platinum star for the week. I made my calorie goal before I made up my mind about eating calories back. But I had been doing a lot of research about healthy ways to lose weight, and I was pretty close to losing more weight during a week than was healthy. So, I took a step back and reevaluated what I had been doing. Even though I was in love with the pounds dropping off, I knew that I would be happier if I were healthier, so I would put up with slower results. Day 1 into eating back my calories was yesterday, and it makes me feel good knowing that I can eat more haha
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I want to eat more.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I want to eat more too... but I am hoping that with my deficit (and I am keeping to it last week and so far this week) and getting in more cardio with the gym workout and running a bit again, maybe just maybe I will see a drop on the scale. It has been a while.

Ramalem - I would just keep doing what you have been doing, eating well and getting in your exercise, as long as you and the baby are healthy. The doctor told me I couldn't carry a baby bigger than 7 pounds and my daughter was 9 lbs 2 oz, but she was healthy, I was healthy (if a bit sore) and all was fine in the end.

Jess - I got your goal in for the Star Challenge for next week since that will be a new month. Do you want to increase it to include some level of calories you are eating back?

Chelneal - I work from home so my life is conference call meetings. I have a headset that works ok and lately have just been using my cell on speaker phone as it is more reliable than my VOIP phone - our internet seems to be having 'issues' lately. But in either case, unless I am driving the call and sometimes even if I am, I use that time to stretch and do abs, etc.. I can totally appreciate how your pre/post run fuels get in the way of your normal calories. I use protein powder after I run (usually in my coffee) and hate to have those extra calories but I am making it work. Also can't believe an AF girl has signed up for a MC class :) but I have heard Quantico is awesome and you can show all those grunts what you are made of!

Can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already - where has this week gone?! I have a concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Friday, another concert on Saturday and throwing a birthday party on Sunday and somewhere in there make it to the gym for cardio and lifting! - whew - going to be a busy busy weekend! I will need Monday back at work to recuperate!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    We are taking down the kids fort this weekend....it was QUITE the contraption when it was built....but they have mostly outgrown it and with a careful take-down, my brother will move all the wood and re-assemble it, for his kids, at their grandparents cabin.

I think I might cry. I mean, I am happy about it, because we will have some "green" room on the yard, again....but, heck, my kids are growing SO fast and I (all of a sudden) feel like I've MISSED IT ALL.

:sad:
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ramalem - don't let the drs scare you, beeps is right they are usually wrong about size & big babies are healthy babies. My first was a big one & she was so easy to change & take care of & she was really healthy. My second was small due to a 2-vessel cord so she looked like a preemie & she ended up with bronchitis at only 2 wks old.

chelneal - that is amazing about the marathon training. I still have yet to run over 4 miles all at once. I will be working on that since I am considering a 12 mile trail race in the fall, yikes!

Speaking of which, my race was awesome last night. The weather was nice & cool and guess what? I beat my sister! Okay she is the slower of the two so now I need to work on the next one which will be tough since she is pretty fast. It was very encouraging though. I shaved off like 5 minutes of my time so I am pumped.

Jess - that sounds like a good idea splitting the exercise calories as you will still be at a deficit anyways

shanaber - have fun with your busy weekend, sounds like fun

Beeps - I am loving parenting more as my kids get older, but you are right sometimes it does seem like it all happens so fast, although you do kind of get a chance at it again when they have kids & some say it's even more fun as a grandparent :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ram- I agree with the ladies - My oldest was suppose to be 10 pounds. I had weekly ultrasounds to monitor her size. I even had to have Dr.s in the room "Just in Case" She was only 8'3!

Shan- Sounds like you are doing fabulous with cardio and deficit.

Beeps- I am hungry too! I was REALLY bad on Mon/Tues. I am trying so hard to keep it together for the rest of the week which is hard since today is my hubbys bday and we are celebrating another bday today.

Abigail- I am glad your race went well!!! Great job!

Jess- It is good to reevaluate when what you are doing isn't working. I WISH I knew what I was doing when I was closer to my goal weight.

Chel- I ran a 5K last summer. Just the one. then i was done. :laugh: Good for you!

I am off to workout.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Ram- I am going to agree with everybody on the baby weight thing, they said the same thing about Jack and he was 8 pounds....although he did have a big head, which was fun :noway:

I have been super hungry this week too! I think its TOM soon though.

I have been ok this week. I have gone over a little on cals, but I ran Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Took a rest day Tuesday, just because I felt I needed it.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thanks mama's for all the reassurance... I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    So who caught Sharknado 2 last night :) (horrible movie LOL)

Abigail: kudos for you on doing trail races! I would probably crash and burn if you put that terrain in front of me! We had a lovely spot in VA that was a 5 mile trail run and I was mush after all the ups/downs/turns/terraces/rocks/roots....etc LOL

Yesterday was a good day and got in a solid 4-5 mile run...calories went over a bit of what I planned, but at this point I am starting to wonder. The last two mornings I have gone to bed a bit hungry and woken up gnawing on my arm....I have almost chugged down 20oz of my morning shake which has 27g protein and 9g of fiber and I still have a rumbly in my tummy. I wore the bodymedia for almost a year and so I "think" I have a good idea of what my numbers are...normal work day w/ no exercise I come in around 1725-1800 calories. MFP says my sedentary/desk job is at 1710...I leave that be and allow the difference to be my buffer zone since I eat out for lunch almost daily and I am sure my calories are off despite my best attempts. Then there are the exercise calories...some days they exceed 800+...other days I don't get off the couch. I used to add up calories each week for my "planned" exercise and do the TDEE method and that seemed to work well, especially when I am on a program. Might go back to that. So there are some days I don't eat enough...and other days I over eat. Now IDEALLY what I need to do is stop my snarf fests each weekend and raise my weekly calories...le sigh. I do wish MFP had a workout day and rest day rolling calories.

Today I am headed to a tech fair and they are serving "free lunch"...not sure what that will entail. Also invited hubby to Mongolian BBQ tonight...

Exercise today...IDK, I hurt. My ankle tendonitis is flaring up and I don't know what I did to my triceps on Tuesday by yeeooch! I am really struggling with my AM workouts...I have made 1 in 3 wks? LOL. That is when I am supposed to do my hills and I feel bad b/c hubby bought me a Concept2 rowing machine and I have used it 1x since my bday in April...such good cross training!

So that is the day! Bring it on :)
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    shanabar - no, keep my calories the same. next week I'll do a better job at calculating calories, hopefully I will know what I am doing by then

Ugh tonight is going to be busy! First off, I absolutely can't miss big brother. Maybe I will do homework while I watch because I have two finals and two term papers due tomorrow. Plus, I couldn't possibly not work out tonight because I already ate more than my calorie goal, so I need to work that off. My body has a pattern of losing weight then gain some of that back. Today was an up day so I need to work out to make tomorrow a down day. I'm trying really hard to not push my body too far though. I just got so used to immediate results. *sigh* this weekend (since classes will be over) will be much easier to get back on track.
    I want a heart rate monitor so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was out in the hay field for five hours today, mostly riding on the tractor but I spent some time moving bales and that made my lungs burn and I so wish I knew how much of a workout that was. I'm having trouble deciding if I should put that in MFP exercise and see how many calories I burned doing that, so I don't have to stay up late tonight trying to burn off the extra calories.
    Happy Thursday!
    And happy early Friday!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I caught up, but as usual have no time to address each of you individually. Sorry! Hi to everyone!

I had a nice workout Tuesday. I met with my instructor ahead of time to get some exercises I could do while the rest of the class does stuff I now can't. There's another prego in my class, so we sort of worked out together. I was nice and sore yesterday! I also ran intervals with 25 total minutes of running (and about 20 minutes of walking) and then walked an additional 25 yesterday on my day off. We're heading out of town tomorrow, but I hope to get some yoga in when we get back Sunday. So I did so so this week.

My weight was up a little more than I hoped this morning so I am going to try to be more conscience of what I am eating. I am not going to log, but I need to cut back on desserts and eat more veggies. I need to just plan better, especially for lunches. I have come to put of grocery shopping till Sunday afternoon and I loathe going to the store on Sundays, so I need to come up with a better plan.

Anyways, everyone have a good weekend! Weather here is great. We'll be spending Saturday at friends' about an hour away swimming and sunning. :smile:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    UGH! Last night's goodbye party was an EPIC FAIL. I ate 2 hot dogs AND do you know how much FAT is in a hot dog???? I planned on doing Aug weigh in and measurements but decided to skip it. I will wait until Mon. I have to eat under 1250 for the next three days with heavy protein and low fat to maintain my platinum status. I CAN DO IT!

We are celebrating my husbands bday today so i am off to make a deep dish pizza and carrot cake - which I can't eat!!!! WILL POWER!!!!

Better- you can do it. There is something about the second trimester that make you crave healthier food and have the energy to workout.

Jess- I want one too! My dad gave me one but the battery is dead. I have never had one and i know they aren't 100%, I just like the idea of tracking and trying to BEAT the burn.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I totally do NOT get the appeal of the heart-rate monitor! I did have a "step-counter" for awhile, but it bored me, too.

I think I ONLY get the appeal of the ipod nano.

:laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yesterday was a really good FAST day, actually. Yes, I gobbled up food in the evening, but it was all raw peas, cooked chicken, and then 1 slice of homemade cheese bread (that my daughter FORCE FED me....because I didn't want any....but, she was SO proud of what she had learned at mini-bakers camp....so I tried it to please her!).

No lifting today....I need the rest break. Will have a normal salad for lunch. Will power through my scheduled cardio tomorrow. And will weigh tomorrow. I feel 1 lb lighter, for sure!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs can vary a lot, I find, some are pretty good-or very few cals, but I haven't tracked macros so much.

I was proud of my dinner last night! I roasted beets from my garden and put them on a tortilla I toasted with pesto and goat cheese, and I added some to a spinach salad. It was all too healthy so I had dessert and wine.

I haven't worked out at all this, I don't what's wrong with me, I can't seem to make myself?! I am taking tonight off but then tomorrow I am ready for my two week countdown to Warrior Dash. I have my workouts plotted out and will just make sure I have clothes and shoes in the car to workout everyday.

I will track but I might need more calories for working out.

I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the morning, I have been so tired and not sleeping well without my hubs.