2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Still crazy busy, trying to get caught up on everyone

Ramalem - good luck with the strapless dress prep, please don't hurt yourself!

Chloe - junk food at the office is my downfall always, hate it!

Amy - totally impressed that you are doing the crossfit thing, it looks scary

KC - congrats on the race!

I am still not logging, but I know that I am staying within my calories for the most part. Due to the heat & the busy schedule I have not been eating too much. My sister went home this morning, vacations and holidays are over & I am adjusting to my new schedule so I can get serious again soon.

I finished my 90 days of Les Mills pump a couple weeks ago. I am doing an additional 30 days of a hybrid of Pump & Combat. I have done well with the strength piece, but skipped a lot of cardio - again because of the heat. Tim finally got around to installing the AC in my workout room so I can work out there without fear of passing out.

I'm sure I have missed some people, but I am at work now so don't want to take too long. Have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Chloe - I do feel better when I've had a few low-carb days, myself! Glad you're feeling better - that's really ALL THAT MATTERS.

ramalem - no cure for muffin-top except good ol' fashioned "fat loss" - which, as we all know, is NOT linear, and is a matter of all-over-body fat lost (not just targeted). Tricep push-ups are good for tri-ceps! Bent over raises will help back. And, for pete's sakes, BUY SOME SPANX!! I've never met a "tight" dress that didn't look BETTER with some proper undergarments!

abigail - yay on the "not eating too much" due to heat....I hope this "strikes" my WHOLE FAMILY when we hit Hawaii in August!
  • schakiiiii
    schakiiiii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your race, Kclynch!!

schakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - what's with all the "i's"?? GOOD GOALS!

lol! makes me stand out . Dont you think? =] and Thanks
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Abigail, I've been curious to try les mills pump... might have to give it a go.

Beeps - its actually not my stomach im worried about the dress itself is SO form fitting it almost acts like spanxx which is awesome, it's just the parts that are showing. I also fear that if I wear actual spanxx I might die of sweating too much. I was told not to lose anymore weight so I guess I'll just have to tone and tuck whatever I can into the dress hahaha.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have a lot to catch up on. I had a good weekend last weekend. I logged everything and was pretty good about my calories, I was over on Saturday by 400 calories, but I think that logging it helped me keep it to only 400 calories. I think that in the days before and after I was under, so overall I've been pretty close to my goals. The heat has made it hard to do my afternoon walks (I usually just walk in my work clothes, so I don't really want to get all sweaty) and has generally sapped my energy for doing exercise, but I've managed to do at least a little bit each day. Yesterday was just 15 minutes of lifting, but I figure it's better than nothing.

I'm way behind so I'm doing this quickly and I know I'm missing some of you, but a few quick comments:

Shannon--Those are great results! I'm also curious to hear how much of it says off.

Lamb--I like the idea of a weekly calorie goal. I think it helps to avoid going overboard on the days you go over your calories--you can't just throw in the towel and say "oh well, I'm over, so I might as well just east what I want" because it'll affect your weekly total as well as your daily total.

Ashley--Glad to hear you had a good week last week and are feeling better!

Chloe--It drives me crazy when people bring junk food into work! As if it's not hard enough to eat well. If only people brought in veggie trays and fruit…

Kelly--Great job on the race!!! And great goals for the challenge! Planning meals makes such a difference.

Amy--That's great that you signed up for the half! I think you'll enjoy it. And that's a great deal for the crossfit gym!

My two week goals are pretty much the same as I've been doing:
    1. Log everything, including weekends (which are my trouble area)
    2. Do some kind of exercise every day, even if it's a quick workout
    3. Do weights every other day (at least while I'm not traveling)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    schakiiiiiiiiiiii - I actually LIKE pressing that "i" button down. Nicely done.

ramalem - you are GOING TO BE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE! You are GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! Every day just do what you can....

Ris - I REMEMBER the days when my goal was to do "a little bit of exercise every day". Missing THOSE DAYS!

No lifting for me - even though I'm supposed to. I'm in a dress, today, for a supper-out, and I've got nice make-up on, etc. I'm heading into a "forced' work-out break because I'm out of town for a few days, so I just decided, "not today". I'm making up for it by fasting through until supper-time (so I can enjoy my evening out).
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't signed up for the half, just decided next November, I will give myself at least 12 weeks to train for it!
    Crossfit and running for the next month to get ready for Warrior Dash, then I am going to focus on strength training and my goals to be able to do pushups, pull ups and squat my body weight. Then after Christmas I will focus on leaning/reducing body fat for Feb break.

Ramalem, when's the wedding again? So exciting, I love weddings!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Thanks Beeps :)

Amy - wedding is August 24th and it can't come soon enough :)

Happy humpday all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy, your plan seems solid. Do-able. Good for you - hope your Dad is doing better!

ramalem - and then, after the wedding, you get the HONEYMOON, right?? So, THAT will be FUN!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sure do, not till October though so I really have some time to workout/eat well before bikini time :) Jamaica here we come!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, Beeps, he is hanging in there. He finished up radiation last week and has an appointment to talk about Phase 1 trial options on Monday so I hope there is something else he can do, I know he wants to do something but they didn't think the chemo was working, "on the whole", it was shrinking some spots but advancing in others. He says he is just tired and not in any pain. He is a tough guy, though!
    Cancer Sucks, that is all...

Ramalem-Have fun in Jamaica! I was engaged there in 2008. I had a lot of fun there too. We went on the luminous lagoon excursion and it was really neat, one of those things you don't get a chance to see very often since only a few exist in the world! We also went to the Falls (worht seeing) and on a mountain bike tour (but I wouldn't really recommend that...)

You have time, but it will be here before you know it!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So much to catch up on, but only going to reply to a couple last posts I just simmed....

Amy, sorry. I'm glad your Dad sounds like he has a good attitude. Hugs

Ramalem - I honeymooned in Jamaica (Couples Negril) after I married my husband the first time in 2003 and then we got married again at Couples Tower Isle in 2010. I love Jamaican resorts.

I've been off 2 days with a sick kid. She was legitatmately sick Tuesday, and then we had unexpected guests Tuesday night that stayed with us. I was up till 1am (and ate pizza as a 4th meal) so when I took Daphne's temp first thing (she's a hot sleeper) and it was 100.2 (can't go to day care with over 100 fever), I decided to stay home again. :smile: Despite the late night pizza and too many booze, I got a lot of activity in on my days off. I ran 20 minutes and walked about 40 more Tuesday and did my long strength yesterday, ran a 9 minute mile on the mill, and went for 2 walks. Scale was only down 0.5 pound from my terrible weigh in last week, but I'm still retaining a little water from Tuesday night. I need to finish my week out strong.
  • emilyerose
    emilyerose Posts: 75
    Options
    Here are my 2-wk. goals:

*lose 5 lbs.
    *cut out half of my bread calories
    *walk or bike ride every other day
    *strength exercises/cardio 2-3x a week
    *curtail snacking when I get home from work in the evenings
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - cancer does suck. Enough said.

All you women traveling to EXOTIC destinations for WEDDINGS! LOVER-LY!! (My husband and I got married in Hawaii.)

Better - sucks to have a sick kid - I'm pretty AMAZED by all you accomplished while caring for a sick child. Good for you!

emilyerose - goals look AWESOME! Report back on how it is going!

No lifting for me, today, and I'm out-of-town next 3 days - won't be posting I don't think. So, have a great weekend, ladies! Catch you on Monday.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Amy - thanks for the recos! We are still deciding on what we want to do while there

Better - we are staying at Couples Swept Away in Negril for half the time and then a non all inclusive in the "caves" called Xtabi for the remainder of the trip. I cannot wait! Any reco's on things to do?

Emily - great goals!

Beeps - have an awesome weekend :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

Better - we are staying at Couples Swept Away in Negril for half the time and then a non all inclusive in the "caves" called Xtabi for the remainder of the trip. I cannot wait! Any reco's on things to do?

Honestly....we always tend to mostly stay at the resort. We heard some pretty shady stories about people leaving the resorts on their own to go to places like Margaritaville. (No idea why one would want to go to Margaritaville while in Jamaica.....) We were at CTI for only 4 days last time, so we just hung at the resort. At Swept Away (not Negril...I was wong) we took two excursions with guides. One was a bike ride into town and it was just Eric, the guide and me. It was interesting, but she took us to a really touristy part of town which was almost like a strip mall. It was interesting to see "real Jamaica" on the way there though. We also took the bus to Rick's Cafe which was actually cool. I don't remember anything about the food or drink, but there were all these locals diving off cliffs which was pretty fun to watch. We also did glass bottom boat tour from the resort, again just us and the guides. We actually got pulled over by the Jamaican police for some reason, but they let us go. That was cool. The boat, not the cops. We also did snorkling. And we paid a non-resort person to go parasailing and I would highly recomend that. Take your camera! Mostly we just lounged on the beach, got a massage one day, ate and drank. It was nice. Makes me want to go back..... Have a blast! And good luck with wedding prep! How exciting.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Rogi, I am doing Warrior Dash for the 3rd time in August! I found a training plan on tough mudder, I think I will work that in-it's a sort of cardio conditioning, strengthening plan, here is the link if you want it:
    http://toughmudder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/maybe-mudder-boot-camp.pdf

you are right Better (and live from a sewer meeting, that sounds exciting;) I think I have to say no to crossfit because I went way over-budget in May, going to Vegas and have to think about cutting out the excess spending...

Beeps, I am excited for you and your photo shoot! tell us all about it!

This workout looks amazing!!! Butt-kicker for sure. Maybe I can challenge the BF to this. :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    So quiet today.

I just booked a trip to South Beach for my birthday: 9/27. Ramalem, I have to say, looking online at the Jamaican resorts yesterday sort of sparked my interest and then decided Eric and I should take a trip just the two of us before we start trying for baby #2. We're going to a little boutique hotel we visited in 2008. While the trip was fun, we were on the brink of separation and fought some, so I am really looking forward to this time. Anyways, we are in the heart of South Beach, just a couple blocks from the beach and the place has a rooftop pool. I have a newfound motivation for my abs to look good!

Have a great weekend ladies.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ashley, can't wait to hear about South Beach, I think that would be fun but I don't know when I will get there! Rooftop pool sounds great.
    Fitfully, Just saw my quote there and now I got the crossfit coupon so I am doing that, and running.
    I went to two crossfit classes this week for the basics before I start a month unlimited on Monday-exactly four weeks til Warrior Dash.
    Last night we were rowing, lifting and throwing a weighted ball 9 ft into the air (well, up a wall, catch, squat, throw) and my traps are aching.
    Going to the Sand Dunes this weekend, I am excited, I have never seen them.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ashley--I love South Beach, it's an easy flight from DC so it's our "go to" spot when we want to get away and go someplace warm. If you're feeling decadent, I HIGHLY recommend the lobster roll at Sushi Siam on Lincoln Road. It's amazing. (And huge, you and Eric could probably split it and then get one or two other "regular" rolls and have more than enough food.)

Amy--Have fun at the Sand Dunes!

I'm off to visit my parents and friends from home. Have a good weekend everyone!