Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2 week challenge

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Hey ladies. I did OK last week. Drank a lot of days, and had 2 "all day drinkers" which means starting around 2-3pm which typically I'd just keep drinking, but moderated pretty well. Did not make the best food choices, but didn't eat huge amounts of food. I actually feel good today, which is rare for a Monday. Got some running in, and lifted twice instead of 3x, but it was so nice; I coulndn't bear to be cooped up in my basement gym.

My 2 week goals:

1. 5 workouts: preferably 3 lifts and 2 cardio, but I am not opposed to slightly different
    2. Eat better: more veggies and lean proteins....I know what to do.....
    3. I suspect I will drink most days this week (plans with a friend tonight, off Wednesday, nice weather, plans with girlfriends Friday, party Saturday and Sunday......). I would like to just drink moderately
    4. Try a couple new recipes

I have stuff to make homemade tortillas and beef to make pulled beef for tacos. I am in love with this taco place here that does beef beerbacoa, so I'm going to give it a shot. I also want to do cauliflower crust pizza this week.

I am almost at the end of my most recent 6 week challenge with my sister. We've both done pretty lousy with our weight loss. But I still enjoy doing it to keep on track a little and discuss what we're doing. Honestly, we communicate most through MFP! Funny.... Anyways, I have been doing the KISS routine, and am honestly getting a little bored with it. I'm going to customize a new strength program to do during August and September to get me ready for South Beach. I think I need to focus more on my back and lower body. And I know I just need to EAT BETTER to get the abs I want! September is going to be crunch time and I really want to have 3 solid weeks of good eats before we leave and hope to abstain from alcohol during that time as well. We have so much going on in August, so I'm just going to do my best and enjoy summer and try not to overdo it. Then it's baby makin time after South Beach! :smile:

Have a great week ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,090 Member
    I haven't been "logging" all month, frankly. July, at best, will be a "maintenance" month. And, this past weekend, I seemed to eat tons of crap - just went with it since my period is on the horizon. But (imagine that), after eating all that crap, I feel like crap!

And, I'm in Hawaii in 2 weeks!

So, my 2 week challenge:

1. LOG MY FOOD.
    2. Stay within daily calories. Can't do "high days" and "low days" right now. If I keep them as "the same days", for 2 weeks, I have a CHANCE of dumping down 2 lbs to start off my vacation at a GOOD weight.
    3. Get in my work-outs. My weight-training isn't a problem. But, I've skipped "scheduled" cardio 2 weeks in a row (not my fault - 1 week I was out of town and the 2nd week we had company!), and I need to GET that back-on-track.

That's enough. If I do THOSE 3 things well, I'll make it through TOM and feel WAY better than I have over the past couple of weeks.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Ashley- I am going to make homemade tortillas and cauliflower pizza this week too! I think I am going to make chicken fajitas though!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Funny Kelly! We'll have to share about how they turn out. I'm thinking tacos Wednesday (since I'm off and can have something cooking in the crock pot all day and make tortillas during nap time) and pizza Tuesday or Thursday.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Mamoon--Welcome!

Amy--Crossfit sounds tough! Glad to hear you're getting some good workouts out of it.

Lamb--Sounds like you did really well in San Fran considering all of the temptations around you! Being good on nutrition while traveling is hard.

Kelly--Yoga in the park got cancelled due to the rain unfortunately. I keep meaning to post new belly pictures but I always forget when I get home. I'll try to do that this week. And that sucks about the scale being up. It's hard to stick to logging, but it really does make a difference!

Ashley--Sounds like you did a good job keeping things in moderation!

Beeps--Great goals! Logging is a pain, but it works.

I had a pretty good weekend. I did well on exercise. I got in a decent run on Saturday, and Sunday's yoga got cancelled but I had alread gotten up early for it so I did weights and rode the bike for a bit instead. Food was not as good as I ate out for two of my meals on Saturday and one on Sunday, and I didn't make the healthiest choices, so I was way over my calories on Saturday, but I was pretty close to my calorie goal on Friday and Sunday. The scale has been pretty steady so overall I'm happy with that. I have one more week until I'm on vacation! So this week I need to be very good about sticking within my calories as I have a feeling that next week will be a lot harder. I'm going to try to log on vacation, but I'm going to be doing a lot more estimating and eating a lot less healthy food than I would if I was home.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    My co-worker just measured me. Turns out I'm actually 5' 2.5". I told him, "That means I can weigh more now." :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    I do find that when I am VERY consistent with the logging, I do make better choices, and they are within my daily alotted calories. Mind you, I'm SO sick of reading the "you'll weigh X in 5 weeks!" because, frankly, it's just a bunch of horse-pucky.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Hey ladies!

Checking in from beautiful NC! The transition has been smooth so far. I start 'math camp' tomorrow (no...seriously, they call it math camp) and already have my first exam on Friday so happy first day to me! It's my last night of freedom and I enjoying it in front of the TV. I found a crossfit gym here and am loving my new kitchen for cooking healthy meals. Not trying to lose right now, just figure out my new life balance!

Hope all is well here! Miss you all!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Hey ladies! Just got back from a short trip this weekend to the North woods in Wisconsin. Didn't get in too much exercise, but also didn't eat too bad either. (this annual trip is typically known for eating tons!) I think not being able to drink actually helped me eat less. Trying to get back into working out, but just losing a lot of momentum. But, I am not giving up on my walks. And I also got a balance ball to sit on at work rather than my chair and I am hoping that will help with back issues I am having in addition to strengthening my core.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone! I will catch up later!
  • Beeps2011
    Hi chuisle!! I'm Sooooooooo glad you posted! I'm sure you'll ace "math camp", and your exam and I'm really happy to read that you found a great new crossfit location and that "healthy" in YOUR kitchen is gonna happen! Yay!!

Chloe - yes, not drinking usually also means "not eating too much crap" - yay! Glad you had a good time.

I'm back-on-track with logging and it feels good. Feels do-able. I ate under my calories, yesterday, but only by about 37....likely not even an appropriate "buffer" for "margin of error". Today, because there's no work-out, I'm going to have to be a bit more vigilant!

It's shark-week, so I'm being VERY mindful as to whether I'm "hungry" or just "hormonal". By day 2, I'm usually over the "crap-binge-urgings"...and, today is Day 2!
  • Beeps2011
    I did my month-end measurements. For the first time in 18 months, though, I'm not in any "challenge" and so, did NOT have to take photos. So, I didn't!

I am up 0.5" in my natural waist and 0.5" in my hips. Time to rein my eating back in - I want a good holiday, but not some BLOW-OUT that results in months-and-months of lost progress!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Today is my husbands bday. I am making Chicago style deep dish pizza, cauliflower pizza for me, and carrot cake. I am sacing my carbs for s small slice of cake. My head hurts. What do you all think of dairy? I eat A LOT and think I should cut down. I eat greek yogurt everyday, 2% shredded cheese, fat free milk, and string cheese. I am going to try to limit myself to 2 servings a day.
    Beeps-sorry your measurements are up, but there are many reasons why that could happen.
    Chui- Glad you made it safely.
    Chloe- good job on your weekend get away.
  • Beeps2011
    kclynch, there's only ONE reason my measurements are up - I am eating too damn much. The end.

Happy bday to your husband! I don't think you're eating too much dairy.

PS - I hate GREEK yogurt! (and most yogurt, actually....)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Hey ladies. Well my homemade tortillas and beef beerbacoa turned out wonderful. I was over on my calories yesterday, but it was worth it. I ate breakfast yesterday for the first time in a bit (on weekdays anyways) and I had some wine, so even my walking and running yesterday on my day off didn't save me from going over. Oh well.....

I hate the scale. I'm up AGAIN this week. I am blaming it on well....eating too much for one. Also extremely constipated which is making me feel just totally yucky, so hope that works itself out.

I've gotten some cardio done this week but only lifted once. Had set my alarm for this morning to lift, but was up from about 2:30 to nearly 4, so I turned it off and slept in. May try to get it done after my kiddo goes to bed, or convince Eric to watch her for 30 after he gets home from work.

I'm in a slight funk. July has not been my month. I've been in the 130's for all of it, and I don't like being in the 130's. My sister and her family come next Wednesday and they'll be here through part of Saturday so I know we'll be drinking and eating, but will try to get a good amount of activity in. Once August (and some traveling) is over, I need to FOCUS in September! I started crafting a new strength program to start week after next. Hopefully it will revitalize me. I'm thinking about buying a Zumba class card. I talked about doing that months ago, but did not. I'm sort of on the fence. I liked the class, but I have a hard time spending an hour plus on working days away from Daphne. I'd rather put her in the stroller for an hour and get nearly the same burn honestly....

Alright, rant over. Hope you all are doing well.
  • Beeps2011
    I'm in a slight funk, too, Better....July was SUPPOSED TO BE MY "Just Get it Done in July" month and it was NOT. I'm not sure how August is going to turn out because I have a 2-week holiday (although it's an "active holiday", so that's actually BETTER than my desk job!), and then cataract surgery cuts out ALL exercise for 3 weeks!

Anyway, I'm nearly at my 1-year Venus anniversary, and I STILL HAVE NOT HIT MY VENUS METRICS. So, it is weighing, very heavily, on my mind.

Poop.

I am eating too much (which I've 100% reined in THIS week - but 1 week is NOT ENOUGH!!) and I have to really keep better "control" on the weekends. I can have booze, but cannot then munch along with it - that's REALLY the best thing I can do for MY weekends.

If i keep my calories under control, I figure I can be within 0.25" of Venus by my first anniversary. But, if I don't, I'm screwed!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Kate--sounds like you're settling in nicely--found a crossfit gym already and everything! Hope you're having fun at math camp (well at least as much fun as you can have at a place like "math camp").

Chloe--welcome back!

Beeps--great job getting back to logging! Just take things one week at a time. You can do this!

Kelly--I recently decided to cut back on dairy. The Skinny B*tch books got to me. I'm not going to go strictly vegan or anything, it's just not practical (it's hard enough to find things that my husband and I can both enjoy given that I'm vegetarian and he has celiac), but I replaced my skim milk with almond milk and I've been avoiding dairy to the extent that I can without making myself miserable (I'm not giving up pizza or anything). My concerns with dairy are the claims that it has a lot of hormones in it (from the hormones injected in the cows to make them produce more milk) and pesticides (from the grass that cows eat). I haven't done any independent research on it so I'm not going to go around preaching to everyone that dairy is awful and everyone should avoid it or anything like that, but the points made in the Skinny B*tch book scared me enough that I don't see the point in taking unecessary risks given that I like almond milk as much as skim and I don't really need to put cheese on my sandwiches. I'm finding that I still get plenty of calcium, but I do need to try harder to get in my protein now that I'm not eating Greek yogurt.

Ashley--sounds like you've been eating well! It sucks that the scale is up, but it's good to acknowledge that it's due to your eating. There's nothing wrong with enjoying food, but it's important to be honest that there are consequences. Hopefully September will be a better month! I feel summer is a particularly hard time to eat healthy--there are so many social occassions where you want to be able to indulge that it's hard to balance everything. Once things quiet down it should get easier.

I've had a pretty good week so far. I've been good about doing weights regularly which I'm really happy about because that's been the hardest thing to work into my routine. The scale has actually been down for me, which I'd normally be happy about, but it's not really what I want right now given that I'm supposed to be slowly gaining. I think I might take next week off from logging while I'm on vacation and try to just focus on eating when I'm hungry and not eating when I'm not. If I feel like I'm overeating I can always go back to it. We'll see….
  • Beeps2011
    I haven't read the Skinny B*tch books....but, giving up cheese in my omelettes would be H-A-R-D. I don't eat very much dairy (never drink milk, even with my babies, they only ever get/got water!!), but sometimes the good ol' mac-n-cheez is WHAT I NEED.

Gots to have me WHAT I NEED, Ris, lol!!

What are you doing for your vacation?
  • RisOnTheRun
    Beeps--Ha ha yeah I don't think I could cut out cheese completely either, and I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to cut back and save my dairy for times when I really want it.

I'm going to a little beach in North Carolina, just north of Myrtle Beach. We've gone with family and friends on and off since 1990. We actually do almost all of the cooking ourselves (we generally just go out to eat one night), and we tend to walk on the beach a lot, so it's usually not too unhealthy of a vacation, but there are generally a lot more snacks around than I would normally keep in the house. That's where I get into trouble.
  • Beeps2011
    My vacations are always SUPER-active compared to "everyday desk job life". So, I usually do lose a little bit of weight on a family vacation.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    I did a peak at my weight - my weigh in day is Monday. I was up 1.2 pounds! WHAT? Ok, 6 weeks after my youngest was born, I weighed 132. When we finally got married, a year and a half later, I was around 126. My current recorded weight is 132.5. My lowest MFP weight was 128. I just don't understand why my weight isn't going down. I will be sitting in a raining all day today.

Beeps, Enjoy Hawaii and don't even THINK about your weight!
    Ris- you are going to lose all of your baby weight by 6 weeks. You are amazing.