2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Better - rooftop pool close to the beach sounds lovely! I lived in Florida for 10 years and miss that sunshine every day!!

Asjern - your crossfit class has some similarities to my cardio tennis class. Though I have never taken a crossfit class, one of the instructors is certified in crossfit and we do some of those exercises with a weighted ball too.

Ramalem - I hope you have a great time in Jamaica! You are going to be a beautiful bride :-)

Emilyrose - good goals. I struggle with nighttime snacking as well.

Beeps - hope your out-of-town trip was fun!

I've done a good job with my goals. I have had only 1.5 glasses of wine total in the last 1.5 weeks. We might indulge tonight because it is a special night in our neighborhood - a celebration. I am lifting 3x per week and adding some cardio. I leave for San Francisco on Monday. It's a work trip and I am looking forward to it because I like San Fran :-) However, hotel gyms are usually skippy, so I will have to get creative with their likely small set of dumbells for weight training.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have six weeks until a 3 week vacation starts and would like lose 5-6 more pounds before then to give me a cushion since I nearly always gain weight on vacation from all the restaurant eating and daily wine or beer. My boyfriend and I always walk a lot when vacationing but that doesn't seem to help as much as we'd like.

Goals:
    1) Eat at least 80 grams of protein per day
    2) Lift more consistently (3x week)
    3) No alcohol at home (plus limit to two drinks at social events of which I have two in this time period)
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, all these beach vacations sound nice. My last trip was to Camden, Maine last December and there was a huge snow storm. I think our next trip will be somewhere warm. My mother-in-law really wants to take a big family trip to Disney next winter. I really have no interest in that, but I'm sure the kids will love it & I will just be happy to be in Florida during winter.

Anyways, speaking of warmth, the heat wave in NH just finally broke - seriously, it was like a hundred for 7 straight days, it was gross. Now the weather is supposed to be 80 & beautiful all week - so excited. I also exercised for the first time in a week which is good because as soon as the intense heat passed my appetite came back in a big way and I totally threw down this weekend. Time to get back on track.

Goals:

3 days cardio, 3 days strength, 1 day yoga - starting a new class on Saturday. Log all food staying at maintenance
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies.

Abigail, it has ben hot hot hot in KY! Now it's raining, but at least has cooled down.

Lamb, great job on limiting the drinks! Seriously impressive.

Ris, thanks for the recomendation. We're staying at The Catalina and there is actually a sushi place there; can't remember the name, but it was reasonable and good when we were there last. But we love sushi, so I can eat it twice!

Amy, hope you had fun at the dunes. What did you do there?

That's all I can see on this page....hope you are all well!

My weekend was nice. Friday was low key: watched a movie and had a few drinks and was in bed at a reasonable hour. Saturday we did coffee and farmers market, got packed up and headed to our friends. Great weather and good times at their pool. I drank all day and ate lots of rich foods, of which the combination made me literally sick as soon as we got home, and then I was fine. I managed to get some food prep done yesterday, and walk to the grocery. Also had lunch out and did a little window shopping. All in all a good weekend. And I finally broke down and bought some nicotine gum, because I have STILL been smoking! So I'm done.

This week I plan on my 3 strength days and 2 cardio. I ran about a mile this morning in the rain so hope to maybe get in 2 more good cardio days. We have our glow 5k Saturday night. I hope to stick with my diet and keep drinking to a minimum. I'm thinking about drying out for a few weeks prior to South Beach. I just need to find some weekends we don't have social obligations!

Have a great week chicks!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Yep, I had a super-great (long) weekend....celebrations all the time and everywhere! Yep, I ate TONS. Yep, I drank TONS. Nope, I'm not going to hurt my heart by stepping on the scale this week!

I get to exercise, today, and it's been a 6-day break from THAT, so I'm a little nervous about the DOMs that will follow, but, hey, I'm happy to get back-on-track and I'll drink as much water as I can over the next few days to help work-off all those celebratory "pounds".

I am not sure I'm much in "2-week-challenge" mode this week - in part because my kidlets are with their grandparents, so hubby and I are 'KID-FREE' and we intend on going out every evening, LOL!

But, in an "attempt" to keep myself a little bit uber-honest:

1. I'm not going to log my evening calories. But, I am going to attempt to SAVE all my calories for the evenings so that our evenings out can be enjoyable!
    2. I'm going to drink water, all day long (and coffee and green tea) so that it helps keep me feeling full, and also helps my food-baby move along.
    3. I'm going to get in 3 x weight work-outs this week and 1 x cardio.

How are you all??!?!?!?!?!?
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Lot's to catch up on!

Better - yay for a trip! I've never been to South Beach, but am excited to hear about it! Your Saturday sounds a lot like my Friday. Ate REALLY crappy food and drank way too much. I felt awful the rest of the weekend and am still not feeling super great today.

Amy - hope you had fun at the Dunes!

Lamb - killer job on the booze, really impressed. I myself have not had much luck limiting my intake, hopefully I can be better about it this week. Have fun in San Fran!

Pesigrande - nice goals, good luck!

Abigail - holy hot, that sounds awful. One of the reasons I love the Pacific Northwest, mild temps.

I've been having a real struggle with workouts lately and I'm not entirely sure what's going to motivate me to get back in it. I do really well with eating during the week, but have a tough time staying on track during the weekend. You'd think the fact that I have to get into a strapless dress in 5 weeks would motivate me to hit the gym hard, but it hasn't. I think I'm just feeling the final stresses of wedding planning and realizing how much there still is to do. I have no wedding planner so that is also starting to stress me out too.

I am making my goals this week a little more reasonable so that I can actually attain them and not get frustrated:

-Walk the pup 30 minutes or more daily in the AM
    -Cardio 3 times
    -Lift (or just strength train) 2 times
    -Eat well Friday day/night in preparation for my Bachelorette party on Saturday

Have a great week ladies!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Amy - how were the dunes? I went once as a kid and can't wait to take my kids. Maybe next year.
    Beeps- a week with no kids??? LUCKY! My girls are at VBS this week so I have 3 hours to myself. I will be organizing my house!
    Ashley - I want to go to the beach! How fun!
    Ram - I have been struggling with workouts too. I blame the heat. After a few months though, I'm getting flabby. Time to step it up.
    Abigail - we had the heat at the end of June. Thankfully, it has started raining so we are in the high 80s most of the time.

I am going out to lunch with my auntie and I WILL be eating pizza, but, I did my diary for the day and will be under on carbs and over on protein!!! YES! Last week I did not eat as many veggies as I wanted to so I will work on that. I have planned my meals again so hopefully my eating will be a success. I kind of flopped on P90X so I restarted yesterday. My weight was REALLY high last week and thought I would see a big loss. nope. Half a pound. But I am not letting it bring me down. This week will be better. Yes, I can!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ramalem - yeah, how COME you aren't 'working out like the devil'!!??? THAT IS WEIRD!! I think you're probably right that it is all the 'stress' of wedding-planning that just poops you out, re: exercise. HIT THAT GYM! It actually will HELP SO MUCH with the STRESS!!

kclynch - it isn't actually 1 week without the kids - it's 4 nights. But, at least it gives me a "taste" of what to do in the evenings when I have NO kids to cater to! Last night hubby and I went to a nice restaurant. Tonight we are hitting a "festival" that is in town. (Unfortunately, we have company from out-of-town coming tonight, which was JUST announced to me! Boo....) Tomorrow night and Wednesday night remain "unplanned" and we're going to TRY and be SPONTANEOUS!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Beeps - you're so very right. I just stepped out for a run and I feel like ten times better. Just have to start making time for it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yayyyyy!!!! So nice to read, ramalem!!

I'm off for a walk in the (sort of) sunshine after work. But, not "scheduled cardio" - more like a stroll with husband and some friends and then some cousins plus oldest son are gonna show up, too!

It would be a "perfect" night for a walk, but this "stroll" also includes food sampling! I'm going to try and 'be good', mostly by rejecting alcohol tonight. I'm going to EAT my calories rather than DRINK them (like I've been doing ALL WEEKEND!).
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful lunch with my aunt but ate almost all of my pizza rather than just half. Not sure what to do about dinner now. Maybe I can fast until tomorrow.
    Nice job on your run Ram! Have a nice evening, Beeps.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Kclynch - lots and lots of veggies :)
  • goldengunz360
    Options
    Hit the gym up 5 times a week!! no excuses
    1400cal a day
    lots of protein( protein shake after the gym)
    4L of water a day!
    no cheat days!!

GO BIG!!
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Better - Well I totally had 3 glasses of wine on Saturday night and definity enjoyed it, which in the big picture is not that much. However, I am seeing a pattern of WAY over-eating on days when I have some alcohol. I remember that night I logged my wine and then signed out "completed" for the day, but somewhere between glass number 2 and 3 of wine I inhalled about 750 more calories! And it wasn't even GOOD food. It was carby crackery junk in my kitchen. I can overindulge for a nice meal at a restaurant and be ok with it, but Chex mix? That wasn't worth it. It's been educational logging these last 3 weeks and seeing patterns emerge!!! On a related note, I totally feel you with the smoking. It took me 5 years of trying before I totally kicked the habbit. I used the nicotine gum quite a bit on and off. The first year of quitting I almost completely stopped hanging out with people who smoked - it was too tempting! The second year I quit, I could hang out with people, but not WHILE they were smoking - they had to go outside and FAR away from me if they had a lit cigarette. Now that it has been years, I can be around it no problem, but those first few years were tough. Good luck!!!

Beeps - KID FREE - Yahoo!! I hope you and your honey have a great time! Speaking of DOMS, I haven't had that in a long time. Does that mean that I need to push myself a little harder? Or do they DOMS go away if you lift consistently?

Ramelen - good job on your run. Exercise is such a great stress reliever.

Golden - good luck with no cheating. That is hard.

I am traveling this week for work (San Francisco) and VERY pleased to learn the hotel has an agreement with the nearby gym, so I have access to an barbell :-) I was in a tizzy about what do do with only dumbells, but problem SOLVED! Plus with no kids (home with hubby), I had a long nice workout today. It's amazing what you can get done without little ones to look after, now i have all this free time! (though I totally miss those cute little faces!!)

I am doing great with my goals, lifting 3x per week and 2x cardio plus a little yoga. Pretty good limiting my alcohol and now have more motivation seeing how it takes away all inhibitions for eating junky foods. Weekly calories is the way to go for me. I don't stress as much if I have a 2,800 day, because most of my days are 1,500 and overall I am 15-20% under TDEE. Now I just have to see if my body fat actually goes down :-) The proof will be in the puddin'! If not, then I will continue tweaking until i find what works.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had a great evening....and even though I did NOT eat that much, I still ended up with a HUGE tummy-ache. My tummy just can't handle food, of any great quantity, being put in it. This likely is a "good" thing, but when tummy hurts, it FEELS like a "bad" thing.

lambent - there are tons of people who don't suffer DOMs....I don't think it is ANY sign of "hard work" or "not hard work" - be happy that you don't suffer. If you are hitting "fatigue" at the end of every set of weights, you're working hard enough! If you aren't hitting "fatigue" at the end of every set, sure, go up in weight and see how that affects (or doesn't) your DOMs.

Well, turns out that while I am *stiff*, I wouldn't call what I'm feeling MAJOR DOMs. I've decided to do another weight-training work-out, today, but will simply choose pyramids, over circuits, because then I can control the weight (lower) and the reps (higher). Lots of Venus' do 4- or even 5- workouts a week. I've got no kids this week, so I'm going to try and do 5 days IN A ROW, just to keep DOMs at bay!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I haven't caught up to everyone, work is slammed right now! I did take the progress from saturday, but I will have to send it another time, too many projects on my desk to stop and write longer!! Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had a nice long weekend with the family. I was pretty good on eating except that we went out for ice cream on Sunday night, which put me way over my calories for the day, but it was delicious and we walked while we ate so that negates some of the calories :happy: I logged everything and except for Sunday I was close to my targets. I didn't get in a workout yesterday because we were traveling and there wasn't any time until I got home, but by that time I was exhausted. I've just generally been pretty tired lately and I haven't felt much like exercising or eating. Maybe it's the heat?

Ashley--We stayed at the Catalina last time I was in Miami! I think they actually made a reality show about that hotel; I never watched it but I remember seeing commercials for it. We had a pretty drama-free experience though. We never ate there, but all the sushi I've ever had in Miami (and I've had a lot) was great, so you can't really go wrong.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did not get to escape for a noon-time work-out, after all.

I will see if my hubby wants to head out for a walk tonight, in the sun. That, instead of 'eating', would be quite pleasing to me!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I don't have time to respond to everyone, but you all sound alot like me.....summer is a so busy! So many parties and trips, its hard to stay on track. The plus side I guess is my pregnancy is flying by and I am still feeling great!

Been going over on cals, which probably just means I should up them, but I think for the most part I am going over because of weekend splurges. I am good during the week and then these parties send me way over. I have been getting in my walks, last week I did 6. I am getting really sick of Jillian. So I created my own little 30 minute workout with some strength and cardio in addition to my Tracy Anderson PP DVD. Last week I only did 2 of those workouts, my goal was 4. This week is gonna be a bust, we leave for Wisconsin tomorrow and I have to pack tonight. Its Mike's whole family trip up to his aunts house. Should be a good time, I am looking forward to relaxing and having some cooler weather. Its only in the high 60s there this week.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

The week has been a success so far, 2/2 on walks, 2 out of 3 cardio sessions complete and 1 of two strength training sessions complete. Finally feeling like I'm getting back into the game and it feels great! Hoping to keep this up over the next couple of weeks.

Beeps - DOMS are the worst
    Ris- Good work on staying within goals! The heat definitely makes my appetite disappear and makes me so lethargic. Glad we don't get it often.
    Chloe-Summer is definitely busy, and going by too fast might I add. I feel the same way about being good during the week and splurging over the weekend. Have fun on your trip!

Have a great Wednesday gals.