Anyone doing any hiking?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Didn't have to hike much for these, but one was in Zion National Park and I hiked plenty there and the other is Monument Valley. I went to a workshop in the Tetons for photography. One of the big parts of the workshop was milky way shooting. If you want you can check out my website at www.joekoppart.com to see more from my trip. Joe

Delicate1PSD.jpg

MitchellButte4P.jpg
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Didn't have to hike much for these, but one was in Zion National Park and I hiked plenty there and the other is Monument Valley. I went to a workshop in the Tetons for photography. One of the big parts of the workshop was milky way shooting. If you want you can check out my website at www.joekoppart.com to see more from my trip. Joe

Delicate1PSD.jpg

MitchellButte4P.jpg

Joe - amazing photos! I just looked at your website - the antelope slots are beautiful. As are the night skies.
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Delicate1PSD.jpg

MitchellButte4P.jpg

I really want to learn how to do this. But first I need to learn to be brave enough to come out of the tent at dark :noway: My tent is my pseudo safety wall
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Today I hiked about 6.25 miles in the Mt Rainier National Park.

http://youtu.be/kGBVW7Oj8MA
  • JoeMO
    Options
    Mary, I agree Antelope Slots and the night sky shots are some of my favorites right now.

Deborah, I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the tent. Those two shots were both taken from about 20 feet or closer to a road in an area that didn't have bear. Snakes and scorpions, but not bear. I'd be glad to share some tips with you on night sky photos when you want.

Now on to youtube to see your latest hike. :-)
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Backpacked 17 miles round trip of brutal terrain. http://youtu.be/JqeKMR-z-KQ
  • mfi28
    mfi28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Baxter State Park this weekend!! :love:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I went out yesterday in Lawrence, KS with a few others on a hike arranged by the Sierra Club at Clinton Lake. My GPS showed 12.61 miles; I didn't get RunKeeper started right away, but it showed 11.02 miles. I'm thinking realistically, it was around 12 miles, then.

But... it isn't the number of miles, it is what is included in those miles. We saw some deer, including 2 fawns and a doe, who huffed at us before running away. And, there were a few people windsurfing on the lake, and it was a nice day overall (around 100 degrees and sunny).
  • paulethington
    paulethington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Leaving tomorrow for 8 days in the Glacier Peak Wilderness located in the Wenatchee and Snoqualime-Mt. Baker National Forests in the North Cascades of Washington State. javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body')
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Leaving tomorrow for 8 days in the Glacier Peak Wilderness located in the Wenatchee and Snoqualime-Mt. Baker National Forests in the North Cascades of Washington State. javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body')

You are so lucky! My friend is there now, and in 3 years we are all going ! I can hardly wait!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 6 days of camping at a lake in the Plumas National Forest. Spent every day kayaking, swimming, exploring, and geocaching. It's one of the most lovely and relaxing places I know!

MFP01_zps486fa14b.jpeg

MFP02_zps7e624ae9.jpeg

MFP03_zps22ef2d35.jpeg

MFP04_zpsf60d1f89.jpeg

MFP05_zps4e18f85f.jpeg

The puppy was happy to help find a geocache!
    MFP06_zps2b6265b2.jpeg
  • JoeMO
    Options
    Sweet photos!!!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 6 days of camping at a lake in the Plumas National Forest. Spent every day kayaking, swimming, exploring, and geocaching. It's one of the most lovely and relaxing places I know!

MFP01_zps486fa14b.jpeg

MFP02_zps7e624ae9.jpeg

MFP03_zps22ef2d35.jpeg

MFP04_zpsf60d1f89.jpeg

MFP05_zps4e18f85f.jpeg

The puppy was happy to help find a geocache!
    MFP06_zps2b6265b2.jpeg

I grew up in Lassen County, which lake and where did you hike? :-)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options

We were at Antelope Lake, southwest of Susanville, northeast of Taylorsville. Generally just hiked the forest service roads up into the hills around the lake, and around the lake itself.

Love it up there!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

We were at Antelope Lake, southwest of Susanville, northeast of Taylorsville. Generally just hiked the forest service roads up into the hills around the lake, and around the lake itself.

Love it up there!

Yes I know that area, I grew up in a little itty bitty town called Westwood (West of Susanville, North of Taylorsville). It is beautiful, I was so lucky to have grown up there.
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Finally completed my backpacking video for my trip in August.

http://youtu.be/906SyKuz6nU
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Options
    Fun hike in the North Cascades this weekend. http://youtu.be/3CHRbA6OSJw
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where any of the places here are, but all of your pics are breathtaking!! I live in Upstate NY, so I have a whole different frame of reference!