Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm a zombie assassin :devil: I've seen all the bad B-flick zombie movies, studied zombie documentaries, and even studies on medical evidence of zombification. We are doomsday preppers also, so my sci-fi niche fits well into my real life. I have no patience for zombie-sympathizers.

Love it, I'm the same way.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm a zombie assassin :devil: I've seen all the bad B-flick zombie movies, studied zombie documentaries, and even studies on medical evidence of zombification. We are doomsday preppers also, so my sci-fi niche fits well into my real life. I have no patience for zombie-sympathizers. :indifferent:
    On a more serious note, I am extremely busy (read overwhelmed) this year, so if I seem quiet, please feel free to message me. A private message on MFP sends a notification to my phone, so it's kind of like tapping me on the shoulder. I'm working 2 jobs and doing prep-work for my PhD, along with establishing my commune and raising a dozen animals and a huge garden. As if that weren't enough, I am also getting married for the first time ever in just 4 weeks.

Wow - I am tired just reading this! I am also a huge zombie movie/documentary person. Actually most Sci-Fi or Futuristic shows.

I'm originally from Northwest Ohio before settling in here in Missouri. We'll keep you motivated!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add! In my experience, a lot of people tend to drop out after the first and second weeks. This is the way to keep motivated is to look at your message board daily and provide the support and encouragement you will need to stay on track and reach your fitness goals. Speaking of that, what are all of your goals out there? Mine is to drop those naughty lbs that have crept up. I would like to shoot for a 10 lb loss.

Goals - well mine is to get back to a healthy weight - which unfortunately is now probably closer to about 25 or even 30 lb loss. I want to do it in a healthy manner meaning that I do weight training and cardio so I look toned and healthy, not just skinny.

I just turned 50 and I am only 5'2 and am probably close to hitting 175 or maybe even 180 by now (I don't like to step on the scale and try not to use it as means of tracking). I am curvy so actually 140ish a good weight for me. Hmm in looking at that now I guess I may need to lose 30 to 35 lbs which is very depressing! Oh well, I chose to look at the positive of things and not focus on that dreary weight loss amount!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Tricia, 29, southern California.

Wife and mother of four.

Team Glenn or Team Maggie. (Would be Team Shaun & Liz...if that were a thing...)

I started out at nearly 350lbs prior to joining MFP.

Current: 5'7 and 228 lbs.

Goals:

Shed 29 pounds before my 30th birthday in January.

Cutting my Sugar down a bit

Work on my Mental Health, as well as my Physical Health
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Tricia, 29, southern California.

Wife and mother of four.

Team Glenn or Team Maggie. (Would be Team Shaun & Liz...if that were a thing...)

I started out at nearly 350lbs prior to joining MFP.

Current: 5'7 and 228 lbs.

Goals:

Shed 29 pounds before my 30th birthday in January.

Cutting my Sugar down a bit

Work on my Mental Health, as well as my Physical Health

Sounds like your doing great. I also would like to lose around that by my birthday on January 20th. Maybe we can help each other? I will send you an add.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Lara. This is my second Walking Dead challenge, the last one was just too great to not sign up again! I have not been doing well in my weight loss since the last challenge. In fact, I gained most of what I lost back. I accept that and am ready for the new encouragement and motivation from this challenge to start again. I work in Law Enforcement and have crazy hours. On top of that, I have recently started a second job at a sporting goods store. I can't wait to get to know all of you and am super excited to get this challenge started, and to watch the show again of course!

Oh, and I chose Carol because she is a BA. She does what she needs to do to survive, but also keeps it real. I can't wait for this season!
  • pdnaylor
    Options
    Since my wife, Kari, already announced on here, I guess I should do the same! I'm Jim, and I'm excited to start this challenge again. I'm on team Tyreese, again, since my partner and I rocked it last season!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :D My name is Jessie (no, it is NOT short for Jessica!) and this is my first time joining a WD challenge! I had no idea there was one last year! Argh! :( I'm 5'2 1/2"-5'3", 25 years old, and I'm from Detroit, MI. I've been struggling with my weight for years, and I've reached my highest weight in August around 396.6lbs! I'm currently 390.6lbs because I've been struggling a tiny bit to be motivated due to the weather, my walking DVD feeling like it's killing me, life in general, ect.

I'm currently signed up on Nerd Fitness in the Academy program so I've been following along with strength training program from there :) And thanks to a warm-up routine from there I don't feel like my calves are gonna explode because of my walking DVD! I would walk around the park in my neighborhood, but there are too many shady people that park along the side streets, plus I was almost attacked by a few dogs that live in a poorly fenced yard and roam around the park! On a positive note: I just graduated yesterday from Dorsey Schools and I'm currently trying to find a job as a Dialysis PCT :)
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi There! My name is Katy and this is my first challenge! I'm 5'8" and currently 198. My highest weight is 215 and goal is around 130-140ish. A year ago I was down to 160, but I gained a bunch of weight back after my wedding. :( I'm a super busy 24 year old first grade teacher from the Tampa area and I'm TTC with PCOS.

I chose team Maggie because I like her and think that she'll survive another season...or at least I hope so! :) This challenge sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What up fellow zomdie killers. I'm Darin and glad to be here again. It is gonna be an insane season I'm sure. Glenn is the man, he can get anything. I relate most to him now that Shane is gone. Looking forward to some intense action. Let's rock it. Glad to see some of my friends here. What up Sara!!! Anyone can add me if you like.
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm Luanne. Picked team Beth because I know there's a badass underneath that sweet exterior! :smokin:

Looking forward to the challenge. I'm training right now for my second half marathon so cardio is no problem. I just need to work on the strength part!
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My goals for this challenge is to lose 10lbs! I feel that is realistic and yet I will still need to work hard. My ultimate goal is 70lbs! That would be amazing!

My biggest struggle is fighting the hunger pains! I also have an iron deficiency so I tend to want crunchy things... And a person can only handle so many carrots/celery. MFP is helping me keep my calories in check and hopefully this challenge will push me through it!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    What up fellow zomdie killers. I'm Darin and glad to be here again. It is gonna be an insane season I'm sure. Glenn is the man, he can get anything. I relate most to him now that Shane is gone. Looking forward to some intense action. Let's rock it. Glad to see some of my friends here. What up Sara!!! Anyone can add me if you like.

WB my friend!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    My goals for this challenge is to lose 10lbs! I feel that is realistic and yet I will still need to work hard. My ultimate goal is 70lbs! That would be amazing!

My biggest struggle is fighting the hunger pains! I also have an iron deficiency so I tend to want crunchy things... And a person can only handle so many carrots/celery. MFP is helping me keep my calories in check and hopefully this challenge will push me through it!!

I also have iron deficiency but it's under control with a one-a-day vit. One thing to really look at with fighting back hunger is if you have had enough lean protein. Women don't tend to get enough of it especially.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options

This is a big struggle for me as well. I'm on iron every 12 hours. I chew ice, but with the cooler weather setting in, that's not always the most pleasant option. I recently got a hot air popcorn popper. Hopefully that will help with crunchy munchies while keeping calories down.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Cheyanne. I'm a mom of a one and a half year old little girl. My husband and I love the walking dead! So I was excited to see this challenge, I've done other challenges this year and it has been a great motivator. I'm 5'4 and started at 196 and am now 175...my goal is 140. I've been slacking the past month, so I think this will be good to motivate me again. Oh and I picked Team Rick :)
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I also have iron deficiency but it's under control with a one-a-day vit. One thing to really look at with fighting back hunger is if you have had enough lean protein. Women don't tend to get enough of it especially.

I take an Iron pill daily (as long as I remember)... I also take Levothyroxine which I have to space out at least 4 hours from my iron supplement so I tend to forget the Iron every once in a while.. as for lean protein, I am all about that! When I watch what I eat I make sure protein and fiber are at the correct amounts.
    This is a big struggle for me as well. I'm on iron every 12 hours. I chew ice, but with the cooler weather setting in, that's not always the most pleasant option. I recently got a hot air popcorn popper. Hopefully that will help with crunchy munchies while keeping calories down.

Ice is AMAZING! I am glad I am in Florida, so it doesn't get as cold, but you are right!! It does get kind of rough when it gets colder. I tend to turn towards the chips and the cookies and the nuts... :(
    But not this time! I am here to kick some ZOMBIE BOOOOTTTAAAYYY!

WOOT! :)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    As for goals, I would LOVE to be in onederland by the end of the year/the start of the new year. I have 18.5 lbs to go! But it's also okay if I don't make it - as long as I know I put in the work and did my best, I'll feel okay no matter where I end up by 12/31. :drinker: Having that goal in mind is just a really great motivator!

I also forgot to add in my initial intro that I've completed the Zombies, Run! C25k program (started it when I was close to 300 lbs!), and have done all of Season 1 of the regular app and am now partway into Season 2. There are a lot of episodes in Season 2 so I don't think I can finish the season by the end of the year, but I want to keep up with a regular-ish running routine (usually 3-4 days per week for me, but sometimes my schedule gets crazy and it's hard to fit it in) and be steadily working through the episodes.

Another goal is to start strength training! So this group is going to challenge me in that arena, but I've been meaning to do it since I know it'll help with my weight loss goals. Just need to figure out a good place to start since I don't belong to a gym - but I know with some research I can find a strength routine that works for me!
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    So I am not new to starting a challenge.....but I have yet to finish one. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE TWD!! My husband and I just started watching it this summer. Can you believe that? We binge watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix, then thanks to AMC on 4th of July weekend, we were able to DVR the 4th season and binge watch it lol. Now I have been painstakingly waiting for Sunday to show up.

A lil about me. I am 30 years old. 3 kids aged 11,9,4. I am not new to MFP. I've been here for a few years now, but I go thru spurts of logging. 3 years ago I was successful in loosing 62lbs and was able to keep that off for a year and a half. I have since gained 50lbs in the past 2 years :'( My own fault mostly I think. There have been other issues, but I am waiting on lab work to verify that.

This challenge is going to be the breaker for me!! I love TWD and that is enough to motivate me to do awesome with this challenge!

I am on team Darryl...well because he's hot :smile:

Anyone can add me as a friend! Can't wait to get this started on Sunday :smiley:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow zombie aficionados! My name is Missy, 42, sahm of three. I've lost about 70 lbs over the last year. I would like to lose 20 more. More importantly, I'd really like to tone up. I am fairly active with cardio work. Fell off the weight training wagon after a bad episode of rhabdomyolysis which had me laid up in the hospital for a bit.

Looking forward to a great zombie challenge season!