All_New_Me Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    SW: 221
    CW: 189
    GW: 145
    Location- Maine, USA
    Sex: F
    Married for 10 years, together for 17....1 daughter, 2 dogs, and 4 cats :smiley:
  • jwasserman2
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 192
    CW: 188
    GW: 140
    Location- Connecticut, USA
    Divorced, 2 kids and a dog :-)

Just been diagnosed with type2 trying to figure out carb counting in own recipes and food bought from a restaurant.

Judy
  • mousek
    mousek Posts: 7
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    HW: 204
    CW: 158
    GW: 135
    UGW: 125
    Location- Toronto, Canada
    I have a boyfriend.

Currently, I am limiting carbohydrates to under 20 grams per day. Occasionally I will have only meat or fish and eggs with carbs coming in under 7 or 8 grams. I look forward to reading the posts in this group. My preference is to keep the cooking part as simple as possible. Weigh the meat or fish - fry in pan with pam spray and seasonings - sometimes I use Kikkoman marinade (1/2 tbsp. over fish) - I find that very yummy on salmon. Vegetables - I like canned variety by Delmonte - especially the green beans and I make it a point to always have on hand canned and frozen vegetables and plenty of fish and assorted different meats so as to not get bored. I started seriously dieting 2 weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds which has been a great boost to my motivation. My high weight of 204 was approx. 4 years ago. My high weight 2 weeks ago was 168.
  • mousek
    mousek Posts: 7
    Options
    Height: 5"6
    St.Catharines, Ont
    Age 31
    2 Children
    Engaged

My biggest Diet Challenge is to stop drinking Pop/Soda
    and to cut out carbs!

Hailey, while it takes a few days to get used to the low carbs it's pretty easy after that I found. diet pop could be a good start for you and perhaps limiting those to about 3 a day or more - whatever you are comfortable with and then maybe gradually decreasing the amount. You could always ease into lower carb by cutting out a bit at a time. I have always been fond of low carb for dieting as I find it gives quicker results.

• RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 265
    CW: 242
    GW: 120
    F
    Single

Started the LCHF effort about 40 days ago - and I'm enjoying every day keeping to the plan. I'm keeping it fresh by adding recipes, and finding new foods that will mimic those grained versions I used to love ...
    -
    - I'm learning how to bake grain; but still not good at following recipes. I think I may be slightly ADHD because It's one thing to read through ingredients and a totally different one to follow them.
    -
    - I'm looking at every day as a fresh start.
    -
    - My weaknesses? ... nuts. I keep a stash of them, or trailmix, in my living room and it's my go-to snack. When I go over calories for the day - they're usually the blame.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    meant to write 'bake no-grain recipes' ...
  • flamk
    flamk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: I believe 170 lb., it's been a while since I've gotten on the scale - it's a to-do later tonight.
    Body Fat: ??? I'm sure it's back up to the low 20%s... - another to-do later tonight.

Well, after 3 years of grad school + work + internships and other general craziness, I've decided to re-focus on my health. Today is day one. For me, that means a lower carb diet (30-50 grams), in the "paleo" kind of vein (I kinda think the whole paleo thing, while helpful at first, is kinda silly, but I guess is the best descriptor of what works for me - I dunno, like I said, it's been a long while since I've been into the diet/fitness scene, so I'm sure things have progressed since then..). Hopefully after a while, I'll be able to ease into a more relaxed "traditional" type of diet (e.g. Sally Fallon-esque). As for now, it's low-carb/keto, no grains, no legumes, little to no dairy, light fruit and a ton of veggies. And coffee. Always coffee.

Anyway, glad to be here. Glad to see that this thread is still active. Looking for myfitnesspal friends for encouragement. Anybody out there?:)
  • deana727
    deana727 Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Height: 5'0"
    HW: 170+
    CW: 144
    UGW: 110, which I don't think I have ever ever weighed after age 11, but why not?
    Location- Washington state

Calorie restriction ~1400 calories, macro goals: 100g protein, 80g fat, some carbs. In reality, I'm more like 20% protein, 55% fat, 25% carb. But shedding fat consistently :smiley:

I use sugar substitutes in my coffee and if I bake. I try every kind of kid friendly recipe hoping to one day achieve the grocery trip where I buy only things without labels or with only 1 ingredient. I'll get to that 80-20.

Carb Kryptonite:
    White rice. I'm Filipina and not having rice on every plate is offensive to my mom, but she sees me losing weight and she wants me to be healthy so she considers me the exception. That's love.

However, if I start eating it for breakfast with my fried eggs, I get a flood of childhood memories of savory smells and happy screaming siblings and cousins and amazing parents and grandparents all cooking together in a tiny kitchen in a 1200 square foot bungalow. Dammit. Now I want fried bananas.
  • vlc65
    vlc65 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm Thankful to find this group. I have Type 2 Diabetic, (almost off all meds) Thyroid problems, Both knees bad (cysts behind one & prior knee injury on the other, plus arthritis in Both! lol but I press through with the help of a knee brace that my Orthopedic Dr recent gave me. I've been on this journey of weight-loss since approx 2010 but have fallen off the wagon several times along the way (gaining most or all weight back again). Most of my weight-loss has been since Oct 5,2014. I'm optimistic that Low Carb is the Lifestyle change for me!

Height: 5'7" 1/4
    HW: 228
    CW: 170
    GW: 150 ideally
    UGW: 135 dream ;)
    Location- Owingsville, Kentucky- USA
    3 Children (2 boys & 1 girl) plus raising my great niece whom is 6 (had since 4 mths)
    Married- soon to be 31 yrs (counting dating 34 yrs)

Diet Plan- LCHF - Low Carb High Fat (however trying to learn abt the Keto Optional Living) I try to keep my Carbs under 20g a day, approx 1200-1300 Calories a day. (as close to 1200 as possible). Try to get my Protein in every day & Eat mainly Healthier Fats.

Recently started Running/Walk/Jogging 2.8 miles 2-3 days a week. (woot woot) who would have thought that was even possible! (bad knees & so badly out of shape). Also I walk with weight vest, weight belt & hand weights (totaling approx 45 to 50 lbs) 4.5 miles 2-3 days a week (or off days from running). I only work out Mon-Fri and take a break on the weekends)

Strengths- Doing lots of reading and researching this WOE (way of eating) Knowledge is Power ;)

Super Weakness- "FOOD" in general (i'm a food-a-holic) really!!! Sweets is my Biggest Weakness though!!! Chicken-n-Dumplings, Gravy & Biscuits, Corn Bread, Mashed Potatoes, (the main ones)
  • losing1tdb
    losing1tdb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5"
    HW: 235
    CW: 218
    GW: 155
    UGW: 135
    1 awesome fiancé and 2 dogs
    as of 11/9/14 3.5 weeks into low carb woe and loving it.
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    HW: 224
    CW: 125
    GW: 115
    UGW: ?
    Location- Poole Dorset UK
    Children: 4 boys 33,21,19,16
    Married

Lost 107lb on weight watchers 3yrs ago, have been maintaining up until June, then started to have a taste here or there and have put up 8lb, not a happy bunny, so have tried the 5:2 diet put up 3lbs, so am now trying low-carb, have only done a week, cut out bread, potatoes, pasta, and rice have only been eating protein, veg, salad, dairy and 2 fruits a day, eating under 1200 calories a day. Was doing different exercise DVDs 5 days a week, but since May just got burnt out, so only walk an hour every day at the moment, don't seem to have any energy for anything else, anyway was really excited to get on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in, especial as I was so good at not putting anything that I didn't write down in my mouth, well what a disappointment not a single pound down, must say was quite shocked, so am not sure what to do, any advice very welcome please.
  • alterone1982
    alterone1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 11"
    HW:216
    CW: 211
    GW:180
    UGW: 160
    Sex: Female
    Married

I've been limiting carbs, sometimes haphazardly, for a little over a month. I know that limiting them is the only way to go for me because I'm prone to totally binging on them. I'm actually enjoying the food I've been eating, but have somewhat of a hard time limiting higher carbs vegetables that are allowable, but still add up. I kind of wish that MFP would let me hide the calories because I wonder if I eat more seeing them with the mindset that I can eat more than my actual hunger would really dictate. Trying to get be more aware of my actual hunger is something I'm working on. I feel like the weight is coming off pretty slow, but without the cravings I'm telling myself it's doable.
  • LoraKay131
    LoraKay131 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hi im Lori.

im 5' 10"
    196 lbs
    goal is 165lbs

• michaelyeager
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 180 (while pregnant)
    CW: 145
    UGW: not sure what this is!
    Married
    2 children of my own and 2 step-children (3 girls and 1 boy)

I try to eat clean (no processed foods, sugars, etc) however this is so hard sometimes! Thus the support group! My desire is to follow a paleo/primal diet because my goal is to lean out. I work out very hard about 6 times per week. My workouts include lifting weights and cardio. I try to run as well but I'm finding it hard to fit in sometimes. I want to be able to see the results of my hard work but my diet is keeping me from that.

My weakness is sugar!
  • Marsha89
    Marsha89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height : 5 ft 4 in
    HW: 265
    CW: 259
    GW: 160
    Married: 25 as of last June
    3 grown children, 1 precious 3 y/o granddaughter, 2 huge crazy boxers

Diet Plan: modified low carb; protein (meat, cheese, etc...), vegetables (no root veggies), and one serving of fresh fruit per day. Snacks so far are almonds (limited) and pork cracklins (like pork rinds but crunchier). I also include avocados in my diet.

I need to work on: 1. Incorporating MORE water. Ugh! I am trying. 2. Exercise

My weakness: Southern creamy comfort food. Such as, all the casseroles that are served at Thanksgiving. So maybe I should add "moderation" to my "needs to work on" list. :blush:
  • rererangi03
    rererangi03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Height: 6'7"
    HW: 264
    CW: 253
    GW: Under 154
    UGW: 154 (healthy BMI)
    Location- Huntly New Zealand
    5 children
    Married
    Diet plan: to keep under mfp calorie goal and under 50g carbs per day - eat non processed foods as much as i can - allow my self to stretch my diet to maintain calories for birthdays and special events
    weakness: social gatherings - booze food n company
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "The problem being, as we know, that our bodies have been drowning in carbs for so long that we lose touch with it."

I am only just learning how to listen to my body again!! Today I ate way too much carbs 175!! fruit and more fruit!!
  • krnorwood
    krnorwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 210
    CW: 204
    GW: 150
    Married
    3 children 8, 6, and 5 years old

Just discovered the MFP communities! LCHF for a month.
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

Height: 5'5"
    SW: 211
    CW: 176
    GW: Between 140-150
    Location- Shreveport, Louisiana
    Mom of 3 kids, 19, 17 and 9
    Married 17 years
    Diet Plan-Ketogenics (LCHF)
    Exercise - Crossfit 2x per week and try to get some cardio in on the off days.

Strengths- Hard headed....lol - I have needed it to be successful eating this way. When I go out people probably hate me - but I don't care - if you're pleasant and get it right (and hook me up with extra bacon) - I tip very well! ;)

Super weakness: Margaritas...dammit! I'm in the home of the drive thru daiquiri store! I love to swing through after a hard day at work - but that has had to stop. But hey - mardi gras is coming up - don't think this coonass won't be doing some celebrating! :)
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Me:

Height: 5'5"
    HW: 168
    CW: 147
    UGW: 135-140 (when I get to 140, I will re-evaluate)
    No children
    Not married- living with BF.

Diet Plan- Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes earlier this year. Main diet focus is keeping blood sugar under control. Very low carb (<15 carbs per meal), exercise at least 5 days a week. Have lowered A1C from 10.6 to 6.3 since May.

Strengths- Cooking. Adapting recipes, finding low carb substitutes. Recently experimenting with low carb baking (cookies, brownies, etc.).

Weaknesses- Bread, potatoes, chocolate