Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• summerluno2
    Options
    FRIDAY! I didn't weigh in this morning as I completely forgot it was Friday/weigh in day; so I will do so tomorrow. This week has had small victories. Ate right, slept great, took in lots of water. I didn't log or exercise any way near as what I should have so that is my goal for next week.

Hope it's a great day/weekend for you all!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Happy Friday! I have been to the gym, weight lifted & ran. Still not loving the treadmill, but it is better than not running! It is going to be warm on the weekend, so hopefully I can get at least 1 run in outside, in between the rain drops.

I weighed myself this morning & was exactly the same. I ate some salty soup yesterday, so hopefully if I drink my water today that will make a difference on the scale tomorrow.

I am not logging either. I know that what I am eating is in my calorie range. Exercise is getting back to where I want it (4 times a week minimum). I would really like to lose 15lbs before my cruise. Only 8 weeks to go! I feel like I am ready & able & not controlled by food. Everything often clicks for me at this time of year.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, had a good week, but now the weekend is here. Cross my fingers that i make it through as well as last week.
    I did a 6.5K run yesterday, it was very cold and windy but I made it through. I figure today will be the same, I think its -3*C right now. Brrr.
    down 1lb this week. I am hoping to get back into the 140s by next Friday.
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Well, not a great week for me. Work was stressful and I didn't eat well or exercise (got 1 day in :'( ). I'm on vacation now until after Thanksgiving (woohoo!). I am making a plan to eat better (except on Thanksgiving Day :) ) and exercise every day. Yep, every day, either walking, running or strength training. I need to make some serious changes. I've gained almost an inch on my hips over the past month - not good. I have to say, for me anyway, maintaining my weight is much harder than losing it. I was so focused when I wanted to lose weight, could eat right and no issues with getting up early to exercise. Can't seem to get there again. Maybe a little vacation will do me good!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Stay warm and have a great weekend!
  • maureli
    Options
    Hi everyone, weekends almost over. I did terrible yesterday! After doing so good all week, I goofed up. My mother and I went to an annual bake sale, need I say more? Anyway, i have had my fill of treats, and that will be it, no more. One bad day isn't going to kill me, right? Lol So today I will behave and stay within my calories and hopefully I won't have done too much damage.
    I forgot to check in the day before yesterday, so my streak fell from 200 and something to I was ticked off at myself! Oh well, what does that number really mean, as long as I'm doing it. lol
    Getting ready for Sunday School, then to moms for lunch (a ritual for us - she is just across the road) and then home for the afternoon to....maybe do a chalean extreme video.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Maureen, 'bake sale, need i say more' … sorry, but thanks for the laugh :) Hope your day got better and you enjoyed the time with your Mom.

Busy weekend here with some beautiful weather -- hit 59 today! Didn't get to run outside, but was out doing a lot of yard work, vacuumed car/washed windows, cleaned basement, washed floors and a few other chores so I definitely burned my calories.

Eating wise, I did eh. I NEED TO LOG!

Brenda, sorry your week wasn't so good. But you are on vacation (yippee!) and if you walk each day, you'll be right back in it. So good luck and enjoy your time off!!!

Lisa, 8 weeks will be here before you know it! Glad to hear things are clicking for you.

My work out clothes are packed for the gym tomorrow. Lunch and healthy dinner prepared. tomorrow is a good start!!!

Nite all!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Happy Monday! Whew, been a busy last few days. Made several desserts today for Thanksgiving - not going to eat any of them though (ok, just one mini chocolate cheesecake on Thanksgiving day, but that's it :) ). Been cleaning as well and got my JMBR in today so burning calories!! Woohoo! It's awesome being on vacation!

I love bake sales! Mostly because I love to bake. I'm a "stress baker". It relaxes me and as long as I don't make cheesecake, I don't eat any of it! Yep, those darn mini chocolate cheesecakes - there has got to be a way to make a "healthy" cheesecake, doesn't there?

Have a great day!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning all. I am dressed and ready for the gym, just waiting for my coffee to finish. I am going to run on the treadmill this morning. I find it SO much harder than running outside, but the weather is definitely not cooperating for running outside. Yesterday the wind was crazy, today I think it is back to being cold. I figure it will help my outside running, & should speed me up. If it doesn't, well at least I am still moving. Last year I didn't exercise at all from November-the beginning of March. I gotta do better than that!

I went to the see the movie Interstellar on Saturday with my daughter. It was really good. I only got a bottle of water, so that was pretty good too! I just wish the scale would reflect all this goodness I am doing. Oh well. It will. Eventually.

Have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hello.

Brenda, those chocolate cheesecakes sound divine! Enjoy your 1 … we work hard :)

Lisa, it is so cold out - have you been getting snow? We are due for 8-10 inches tmrw :( Noah just had his surgery yesterday so I'm going to have to do the shoveling/snowblowing myself. NOT FUN! But I guess a good workout.

I've been doing grey eating but no exercise which is what I really need to keep losing. I think I'll bring my steps up and when I watch tv at night just step up and down for at least 30 mins if not an hour.

Happy Thanskgiving to all celebrating tomorrow!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! So far so good this week. Been exercising everyday and didn't overeat on Thanksgiving! Over 'guestimated' at the calories I ate that day, but wasn't sure how to log a little of this and a little of that. Will walk/run today.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Hi! Is anyone still out there??!! :# Started week 5 (again) of JMBR. Arms are sore, but it's a good thing. Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off :\ .

Hope all are well!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hi Hi …. sorry I've been MIA, Noah had surgery last week and work was crazy with Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I have my monthly weigh in at work today so I'll be curious to see where I am. Scared, but curious. Wish me luck!!!

Brenda, glad to hear you are still going strong - nice job! Lisa/Maureen, how are you ladies doing?

Last night I brought my steps for step aerobics up and decided while I watch tv I'll just walk up and down them. I'll be doing this in addition to a good work out at the gym during lunches.

Hope you are all warm and doing well!!!!!!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA as well. Just plugging along here trying to figure out how to get more energy & move more.

I went Christmas shopping yesterday. I am almost finished. A coat for both DH & DS should finish it off. I will probably buy DS the new Pokemon game as well. Feels good to be so close to finished this early in December. Oops. Forgot about a few more people. But very close to done.

I picked up some yarn yesterday & started to knit an infinity scarf. I have not knit in 10+ years, but the yarn they have now is so awesome.

My goal for December is to get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise each day. It looks nice today so I am going to attempt an outside run.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    Options
    Hello! I guess we have mostly all been MIA! Lol I am here, still plugging along. My oldest son was home for the weekend, that always throws me off and i don't get my usual computer time in. No reason for that really....its not like he's a little kid but I just don't do my usual things when they are home.
    I have my christmas shopping started, but not nearly finished. I ran yesterday, beautiful day....quite mild and calm. Today...brrr. I am going to do a Charlean Extreme video.

I have decided not to continue going to my exercise classes at night. She has stopped the advance class altogether and it is just a beginner class now. I went a couple of times and just dont feel like paying for it if I'm not getting the most from it. Plus its at a time I dont' find convenient. So....I will do these videos that I have, they are pretty good strength videos.

Hope youre all doing good!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hello again.

So today, I weighed in and lost .4 lbs. While it's a loss, it's been 4 weeks, so I don't think it's anything great. My goal is not .1 lbs a week :)

It's SO HARD to be motivated now that it is dark and cold and the holidays to distract. My steps are in the middle of living room and I'm going to walk on them from 8:30-9:00.. I packed my bag for the gym tomorrow so that is a small start.

I will be back on daily as I find it usually makes a huge difference!

Lisa, don't forget to add me to your christmas list ;-) ha ha kidding. I'm about where you are, 85% done. My problem is I alway wrap 2 days before. Maybe I'll change that this year.

Maureen, glad you enjoyed your son. I have another 2 years before Noah is off to school so I'm trying to grab all I can.

December goals:

- walk on steps 3x a week at night
    - work out 4 days a week at lunch
    - NO MORE NIGHT SNACKS!
    - log daily

Nite all!!!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Morning!

It's Thursday … one more day!

I've gotten back into the routine for everything, but logging. so today I will open that app up and put in everything I eat. Working out at lunch and have healthy foods. So it's a good day!

My friend started in the beach body exercise program so I'm going to try the dvd with her at lunch time. Be an interesting change.

Have a great day!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good Friday morning! So far so good for me on the work out front thus month. I have done a minimum of 30 minutes each day. I will get out for a run this morning, shortly. Yesterday's run felt great, the sun was shining. It was supposed to be sunny this morning too, but it is cloudy. The sunshine on my face feels sooo awesome! I am going for a run regardless. I hurt my shoulder yesterday so no weight lifting until Monday.

Eating is pretty normal & under control. Just gotta work on logging again.
  • bhox3
    Options
    Good morning! Well, this wasn't a good week for me for exercise. I think it's a mental block with week 5 and 6 of JMBR so not sure if I'll jump to week 7 or try something different. Did get my run in on Wednesday and will run today.

Cindy, which beach body program? Did you like it?

Lisa, great job on getting in 30 minutes every day! Hope your shoulder is better.

Have a great weekend!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Lisa nice job on the running. 6 days into the month and you are now 1/4 way perfect - nice!

Brenda, sorry wasn't your week. You've been doing awesome though so remember that and just get back into it and let that be the past. Didn't end up doing the workout as she forgot to bring them in. She is on Monday and I'm bringing my home PC in hopes I'll be able to burn it (probably protected, but worth a try!). They are about 25 mins each and she is loving them … and is NOT a workout type of person so that is a good sign. I'll let you know Monday.

Today I told myself… new day. new me. back to focusing. So far I have eaten perfectly and have been busy all day wrapping christmas gifts, putting up decorations, etc. I'm eating dinner in a few and then working out to JMBR tonight. I will say, the eating perfectly part has me hungry, but I know it's just 2-3 days of getting back into the swing of things and I'll be okay. I'm cutting out carbs for 2 weeks to give me a kick start as I've been so bad that I've put on 2 lbs :( Hoping the kick start will work!

Enjoy your night!!!!
  • maureli
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I am still plugging along, slow but sure. I've been doing these strength workouts on days taht I don't run, I think I mentioned them, they are great. The perfect thing to replace my exercise class that I decided not to go to anymore (she stopped the advance class). So, I've been getting a lot of those in.
    Eating hasn't been too bad, I've been doing pretty good at night. Getting the Christmas shopping done, and decorations up. This week I am working on Monday, then Tues I am going to go and visit son #2 and shop. I'll stay overnight and come back on wednesday.

Today....I will probably go for a run this afternoon...I'm not really sure what I will get in the next 3 days.

Cindy - I know what you mean about the dark nights and mornings...and motivation! Such a different vibe this time of year and I find I really need to force myself. I just keep thinking of Christmas and how much I want to feel good during the holidays and not like a stuffed muppet. :p The beachbody program you are talking of, the video that I am doing are part of that program, called Chalean Extreme. I also do the Turbofire ones sometimes. They are a nice change and something good when the weather is bad.

Brenda - I hope that this coming week will be a better one for you and you can get back into the exercise groove.

Lisa - glad to hear that you are kicking the exercise in the butt! WTG It is such a great feeling when the sun is shining, can really change it all. Keep up the good work!

Have a great weekend all