Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• Aug312014
    Aug312014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Grateful to wake up to another day on our beautiful Earth. I love to wake up and look at the sky and see what the weather will be like. I'm never disappointed -I enjoy rain as well as sunshine. Grateful to not be in back pain....I spent many years healing and now I am back to exercising again! Very grateful to God.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for this beautiful start of autumn and the lovely weekend I had with my son and grandkids while his wife was out of town. Cooked out and hiked at a park. Breakfasted with the Disney Princesses. Had a fun morning of play yesterday. And, I'm only working a half day today so that I can get in my workout and go to my granddaughter's horseback riding lesson (can't wait to see her ride) and have dinner with them after. Yummmmm. Uno's pizza! Watch out calories. Can't do Uno's and stay at 1200 though. At least not with a Deep Dish Pepperoni! And, who doesn't want a deep-dish pepperoni?
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful topic! I've been reading and enjoying the posts for the last few days, and decided to join in :smile:

I am grateful for:
    1. My overall health. Other than my weight and the problems resulting from carrying around this extra poundage, I have no serious health problems. And I'm grateful for finding MFP and the path it has shown to enable the reduction of the poundage. A year ago, I truly struggled to get up the ladder in the boat - this weekend I popped back into the boat with no problems (the cooler water may have encouraged the speed of my ascent).
    2. I, too, am grateful to be retired, even though it was not originally by choice. After about six months of anger, bitterness and depression following the loss of my job, I realized that the job had been killing me - physically, emotionally and damaging my very soul. As part of that, I am also grateful for a husband who tells me he would rather bank my smile and laughter than my paycheck.
    3. After fighting through swarms of the things, I am also grateful that love bugs (polite term) don't bite :bigsmile:

-a grateful ker
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1) Morning coffee is especially good on these cold winter mornings! (ok, so some people don't call this cold, but everything is relative!)

2) That we finally sold our house in NC and I can get rid of these carpets! Lord, I do hate carpets. I imagine that everyone with respiratory problems does

3) That, now that I am retired, I can avoid the morning rush my husband just went through to get to work and I can sit and drink my coffee peacefully at the computer
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Was just looking at some of the remarks above. Ker, I know what you mean about not planning to retire by choice. I fought the health problems and was convinced that I would bully through it (I always have) but like you, in retrospect realized that the job was killing me too!! I am recovering very slowly, but am feeling soooooo much better now. Those last 3 years of working would not have been worth the shape I would have been in at the end of it.

And today I am grateful for

1) The joy of tea. I have fallen in love with this Tulsi (holy basil). It's supposed to relieve stress and protect the immune system and it does seem to have a nice calming effect to it.

2) Modern technology in the form of texting. We have had two new babies in NY this year, my first grand nephews and I demanded a contract with both grandfathers (my brothers) that I get a picture a week!!! Prior to this technology, that would never have worked, but they are doing it! Every weekend I get a pic of each one lol

3) and since I am on technology, the good side of cyberspace, which allows us to participate in groups like this and stay in touch with friends on facebook we would otherwise not hear from for years!
  • grandmothercharlie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thankful that my car started and I have a roof over my head and food to eat. As I have said before, I work near a homeless shelter and soup kitchen. These temps in the teens really hits home when I walk by.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How uplifting! I am grateful for my good health. A very good friend had her first chemo treatment for lung cancer yesterday. I got an e-mail from my sister telling me my 60 year old cousin died of a heart condition. I grateful for this uplifting site.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Even though it isn't morning, I am still finishing my first cup of coffee for the day! So I figured I could get on the gratitude train anyway.

I am so grateful for my loving husband, who is so supportive of my efforts and looks for every occasion to compliment me on my progress.

I'm also very grateful to have a wonderful primary care physician who has been treating me since the 80's. He's honest but kind and I trust his advice. These days this is a great blessing.

I also just met with a new nutritionist yesterday who I really hit it off with. Just the tip of the gratitude iceberg for today!
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Cold here this morning for us and I am grateful for good coffee!

I am sooooooo grateful that I no longer live in upstate NY. That is where I grew up and where my family (brothers and their children) still live, but I have not actually lived there since the 80s. I feel horrible for those poor people up there today. When I was young, of course, being snowed in was just plain fun! But the snow up there has gone WAY beyond the fun of a snow day at this point and they are going to get more!

Grateful for this group! It's an uplifting spot to start the day! (I also admit to loving facebook but that is because I am addicted to a particular dog breed and I love seeing all the pics of the dogs every day lol)

And grateful for retirement. At this point in life, having retired early with health issues, I have made getting healthy my primary job and I love actually having time to focus on that instead of having to shove it to the end of a very long list! It's taking time, but I am feeling soooo much better than I was six months ago. Onward and downward!
  • mxchana
    Options
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    I have made getting healthy my primary job and I love actually having time to focus on that instead of having to shove it to the end of a very long list!

I envy you, Dream, that time to focus on health and wellness - I do the best I can around my busy schedule (still working, no end in sight). However, I am sure there are plenty of people who share your circumstances who are not dedicated to their health the way you are, so hats off to you!

I grew up in West Seneca, outside of Buffalo - and chatting with my friends today online, they really are buried - all ok, though. West Seneca was actually on the front page of the NY Times today - probably for the first and last time in history LOL.
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Really thankful to be able to get a walk in. First chance in a couple of weeks and it felt so good to do 2+ miles! Been busy with funerals, funeral dinners (church family) and doctor appointments for my Mom. Then the weather has just been really crappy. 28 degrees with 10 mph winds makes this a good day compared to what we've been having. We're having Thanksgiving tomorrow. So thankful we can all be together and enjoy the day. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I too have so much to be grateful for... however I know I will still be working two weeks after I die ( I say that with a smile) ....retirement is not in my future - but I am healthy - I am active ... I have a part-time job that is close to home - Things will be fine because I am a fighter, I am positive and I try to think of each day as a new opportunity!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Pamela, you made me smile. What a lovely attitude!
  • mxchana
    Options
    Grateful for nature's beauty - walking in a "winter wonderland" this morning, taking in the sun glistening on snow & ice on the trees. Also walking with my loving husband and two doggies AND having a day of leisure! Well, ok, I always have plenty of work to do since I am self-employed BUT - at least I can do it on my own time! Above all, grateful to have made it through Thanksgiving without having a single bite of dessert! Yes, there's a first time for everything. ;)
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    <3 Today I am grateful for my job. It is a very busy physical job. We lift, carry, bend, push, pull, move in all ways. That comes in handy for me today, I fell walking from our bedroom to the kitchen. We have put the tree up in the greatroom. With that we moved a chair that takes up part of my path to the kitchen. It was dark, I didn't see the chair, walked into it, lost my balance and went down. I had a cup of tea in my hand, which ended up in my hair, on my glasses, the kitchen table, and all over the floor. I hurt my hand, elbow, upper arm and now my ankle is starting to hurt, but I am up and at em. Here at work, giving it my all. Another huge blessing about this fall, is I hit on my left side. I have a pin in my hip and and a rod in my leg on the right side. This is my second fall since that surgery, both have been on my left side!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    <3 Today I am grateful for my job. It is a very busy physical job. We lift, carry, bend, push, pull, move in all ways. That comes in handy for me today, I fell walking from our bedroom to the kitchen. We have put the tree up in the greatroom. With that we moved a chair that takes up part of my path to the kitchen. It was dark, I didn't see the chair, walked into it, lost my balance and went down. I had a cup of tea in my hand, which ended up in my hair, on my glasses, the kitchen table, and all over the floor. I hurt my hand, elbow, upper arm and now my ankle is starting to hurt, but I am up and at em. Here at work, giving it my all. Another huge blessing about this fall, is I hit on my left side. I have a pin in my hip and and a rod in my leg on the right side. This is my second fall since that surgery, both have been on my left side!

Please be careful! you were so lucky, if you can call it luck, that you didn't fall on your right. You will probably be more sore tomorrow, but you are right, keep moving throughout the day and it should help.

• Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Today - I am grateful for feeling well and happy! :)
  • mxchana
    Options
    Grateful today for a "black Friday" type discount on concert tickets... Regularly $42 - $55 tickets on sale for $29 :smiley: As a surprise for my husband I got tickets to a performance of Messiah this weekend, and tickets for a performance in March for his birthday.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is a good topic for me because I'm quite the grumbler despite the many blessings and plain old good luck in my life.

Today I'm grateful for the way the right book, or the right person, or the happenstance seems to come into my life when I most need it.

Of course, it doesn't always happen that way, and I think of all the unfortunate people in the world for whom this does not seem to happen - at least in a measure that would raise them out of terrible conditions - but it does make me appreciate.

And I really appreciate this group for being here.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A little thing - today I'm extremely grateful for my Kindle. I bought the first generation for Rick and myself (at an outrageous price), then one for my mother, and have replaced them all with more current models a couple of times. My eyesight isn't as good as it once was, and making the font size larger on bright white background allows me to truly enjoy reading.

Plus i download an average of three free or very cheap books every day from the suggestions on a couple of websites I check, so have at least 750 books to choose from at all times - and am able to carry my library with me easily.

Yes, the Kindle is a joy for me read11.gif