Dec 1-Dec 6 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I emailed Howie last week, He is doing OK just very busy at the moment.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Doing my daily check in. Busy at work so don't have time to read through the 30+ posts that have been added since I looked yesterday! LOL

Did my weigh in at WW this morning and was up .6, but considering I lost four last week, I figure I'm still doing good. Now... if I could just stop eating junk food today.... :neutral_face:
  • 25mcaro
    Options
    i.m a sugar holic too. I feel so good off of it but the effort it takes to say that way is too much some times.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    WOW! It's nice to see so much activity on here. Now if I could only keep up. I am blaming my inability to sleep and scattered brain on the impending full moon. Reading everybody's posts on LCHF is motivating me. I feel a bit out of the loop in that dept. Have noticed that GI issues are getting better as I have lowered the carbs. If I could only eliminate the boyfriend's anger at me for wanting to eat beef again. It will work out.

Because I was feeling anxious about the blood work today (the pessimist in me saying that the numbers will be awful), I started feeling fat and decided to weigh myself to add fuel to the fire. Felt like I had gained 10 pounds overnight. The scale was down 8 pds since I started back here (think it is 8 days). I realize it is all water, but showed me how the mind plays games with you when you are in a funk. I'd like to say I was "good" today, but I ate a mini-butterfinger. Ugh! Didn't need it, didn't even want it, but still had it. Oh well, onward I go!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    One mini butterfinger is just a blip Kris!
  • carolssalva
    Options
    And congrats on the 8lbs! Water or not!!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day 4!! Google Hangout tonight ... 7pm PST/9pm CST
  • JackTJr
    JackTJr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Couldn't remember whether I've done this or not... just checking in!
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another check in challenge! Woo! Carol reminded me of the New Year's goals of last year. I forgot. I guess I'm pretty close, but the weight has been coming off at a pound per month for the last 5. Maybe I can use this as motivation to step it up and lose the last 3lbs by Jan 1st.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Hi Rae! Congrats on your progress!! Great to see you again.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Google hangout was great. If you missed it you missed out.
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot to post...today was a rest day. Bowled on my Thursday league tonight and did terrible. Ate pretty bad too...I'm already in bed thank god I can do this on my phone. TGIF (almost)!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy Friday!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks! Have a Funtastic sort of day.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday All!

Thanks Carol. Feel better about it this morning. Happy that I am not sporting as much of a muffin top in my skinny jeans ;)

Hey Rae!!! Great to see you here and congrats on the loss. You got those last 3 pounds! I am JEALOUS!

Tindercd, I am not sure I have ever bowled without beer and treats from the snack bar. TGIF!

I did the first set of Hammer's 2D Nail Challenge just now and is my core ever weak. Those 20 seconds on each side were brutal. Might have to do all of these at home, otherwise my coworkers will get a good laugh. Today's early morning meeting canceled so Friday is already off to a fabulous start! BTW other than the mini-challenge yesterday, I took last night off from working out. Opted for sleep. Ahhhh:)
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 6 back on track
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yay! Friday!

Heron, I love your diary....makes me worry less about my macros. I just realized that I ate more calories yesterday than one woman I follow has since Monday. And she says she's logging everything but detoxing. Holy crap how does one function in less than 400 calories a day. I guess I used to do stupid stuff like that when I was younger. And look where it got me.

I did make one change yesterday that I haven't been doing. A post workout shake. Unsweetened almond milk with a low carb protein powder. Not sure why I never do them. Got back from gym last night and something made me read the label if the protein powder I use in kiddos smoothies. Only 4 g carb per serving. Kinda BLEECH blah tasting not blended up with fruit and yogurt. But I figured now that I'm in a solid 3-4 day week heavy lifting routine this isn't a bad add.

Oh and I contacted AJ (Andrea Jaengle) to get on her waiting list. Told her I am open to another body io coach but due to her love of mountain biking I'd prefer her. Not in any rush for coaching but thought it might be interesting to get some professional insights.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hangout? I missed a hangout!! Heck, I even had a good connection from the hotel. Heading back home today and then back out of Monday. A few days of better eating is sorely needed. Next week should be better too... I hope.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I have a massage that I received as a gift that I am using today, so that will be nice. But the only time slot was 8:45 AM. Who wants a massage first thing in the morning?!

Have a great day everyone!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I didn't realize there was a Google Hangout last night! Bummed I missed it! :-( Could really use some positive vibes. :smiley:

Slipping off track again. Haven't been feeling all that great for the last week or so, so lots of comfort eating. And once I start that, it's a hard cycle to break. But today is a new day!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday morning!