Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Waving hello to mwhite, welcome! And although it's not morning and I am not drinking coffee at the moment, I just want to express my gratitude for my dear friends with whom I had a lovely day, celebrating the birthday of my "God-granddaughter" ... and resisting birthday cake, to boot! Special thanks to Joan for keeping this lovely thread alive this week ;)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    I didn't sleep well last night. That just happens sometimes. As always, I'm grateful that I woke up this morning and get to spend another day with my wonderful husband. I hope we have many, many more together.
  • I am grateful that yesterday I was able to get my "big" dress pants on. Last month I couldn't, and next month these big ones are going to be too big! Ta Dah. Truly grateful.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,761 Member
    Grateful that now that snow season has started here in CO, I don't have to worry about going out in it unless I want to, no more work related commuting in that stuff!! I love watching it snow when I don't have to go out. DH and I went for our daily walk in it, not sticking much yet, so was an easy walk and it was pretty.

DamitJanit, Ditto for me on not sleeping well but being so grateful spending the day with DH.

Someone mentioned her mother driving her crazy but loving her anyway. I also ditto that. Glad I am not the only one who feels that way. I'm grateful we finally have Mom in a care facility, she will get good care, one of my sisters is an LPN there.

Have a great day everyone!
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Very grateful that (it was a miracle really) my cell phone rang and I was able to receive an important message from my son even though I was in a zero-reception area. I have never been able to make a call from that location before!
  • JoanLovell
    My son's coming from CA to RI for the holidays. I haven't seen him in a year! What's more, he'll be here for three weeks and we have plans for trips to DC and NYC to visit museums galore. What a treat! He's a fun fellow to spend time with and he loves his mommy. Grateful for that. :)
  • DamitJanit
    That's wonderful, Joan. My daughter is all the way on the other side of the country and won't make it home for Christmas for the first time in years. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I hope ya'll have a wonderful time while he's there.
  • JoanLovell
    It's hard, isn't it, DamitJanit. I have another son fa-a-ar, fa-a-ar away who I haven't seen for almost 5 years!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 460 Member
    First, I am grateful to see that Joan has picked up this thread and continued with it. I have once again been AWOL, as I tend to do when dealing with health problems. In a nutshell, it seems that this wonderful house we bought last summer is filled with carpets that are probably 30 years old and whatever they hold, I am deathly allergic to! I am now at the point of wearing a mask on a regular basis (and believe me, that is NOT fun) and have been pretty much in survival mode while I deal with this. The current plan is for us to move into a hotel on January 4th(two weeks of work needed and you can't get that scheduled during the holidays!) where we will be for two weeks while the inside of the house is painted and all new floors are installed. All to say, I am still here, I am still struggling with program - actually have felt like not eating a lot and have lost six pounds! I just bought a new fitbit and will be working with that when we go to the hotel and today plan to buy a new calendar to log exercise since I will be without a computer for two weeks!

I am grateful for having one of the world's most amazing husbands. He works long hours and lately has been coming home and frequently doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen as well as doing a lot in the house because I stay exhausted. I still do the cooking! We are not yet at the point of being desperate enough to eat his cooking! lol

I am grateful for FINALLY finding a pulmonologist who does something besides pull out the latest of pharmaceuticals and tell me to take them. I took a horrible combination of crap before I found this man and went through several doctors and I am grateful to have him!!

I am grateful that I believe I see daylight at the end of this tunnel and am headed in that direction! I will be in here sporatically, but I will return!!! 2015 is going to be a great year!!!!
  • DamitJanit
    DreamOn, I can't believe what you have had to go through. It sounds like you are strong and will in fact get to the light at the end of the tunnel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year.
  • retirehappy
    edited December 2014
    DreamOn, glad you found a good DR. that is SO important. Enjoy the fitbit and your staycation :)

I am grateful I had MFP to come back to, because this time last year, I let a lot of hard work go down the drain. I won't be doing that this year.

2015 is going to be awesome. I have nothing else to focus on except becoming the best me I can become. I am grateful I will have the time and resources to do just that.
  • JoanLovell
    I'm wishing us all health in the coming year! My body complaints are usually what get me off track. NOT grateful that I'm more prone to these things than I was when younger... not to mention when over-doing exercise actually backfires with an injury.

AM grateful to have woken up on the right side of the grass again today.
  • I've been thinking about grateful and I've latched onto an old song by Irving Berlin

Got no diamond, got no pearl
    Still I think I'm a lucky girl
    I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
    Got no mansion, got no yacht
    Still I'm happy with what I've got
    Sunshine gives me a lovely day
    Moonlight gives me the Milky Way
    Got no checkbooks, got no banks
    Still I'd like to express my thanks
    And with the sun in the morning
    And the moon in the evening
    I'm all right

Well knowing this song sets my age!
  • retirehappy
    PaulaJ500, it is a great song and I like it and remember it as well. I always tell people I am solar powered, I have to have lots of sunshine. :)
  • mxchana
    Paula, thanks for sharing that lyric! I love Irving Berlin - he is simply one of the greatest songwriters - both in music & lyrics. I bought a collection of his songs and as I played through the book, it was just one perfect song after another. I can't think of another songwriter that I have had that experience with - usually there are some songs that are weaker and some stronger. Not with Berlin - his work is amazing. ~ Kathy
  • DamitJanit
    Paula, thanks for sharing the song. It is always good to think of the things we've got rather than what we haven't.

retirehappy, I love that about solar powered and I feel the same way. That is one reason we retired to Myrtle Beach, SC. Plus I love looking at the ocean. It just gives me such a feeling of peace. Only wish I could afford to love on it. (There I go, thinking of things I haven't got. >:) ) ppfffftt
    Have a great and healthy day everyone.

Janet from SC
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    I'm grateful that my boss got me a temp to fill in a staff vacancy! He is young, 6'4" and strong! More importantly, he actually seems happy to have a job! I have been short-handed with a cry-baby staff for too long!
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    I'm grateful that my oldest cat has another year to enjoy napping under the Christmas tree. Local vet wanted to put him down 4 years ago because he was diabetic, but I did tons of research, changed his diet, and he's still active, happy & my buddy cute-tiger-2932.gif
  • mxchana
    ker95texas wrote: »
    I'm grateful that my oldest cat has another year to enjoy napping under the Christmas tree. Local vet wanted to put him down 4 years ago because he was diabetic, but I did tons of research, changed his diet, and he's still active, happy & my buddy cute-tiger-2932.gif

Love it! Good for you.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    I'm grateful today for so many things but family (well most of 'em) and health are certainly at the top of the list.

Wishing a Blessed Christmas Day to everyone! ~w3