Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to my husband for slogging through three mortgage applications, a dozen years ago, for the tiny off-grid shack in Vermont I just HAD TO HAVE - no one gets too excited about financing a shack - and for his taking 3 days off from work this coming week which we'll be spending there. After all the holiday hoopla, I am SOOO ready!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful white Christmas arrived here after all my errands and tasks were done. We have about 5 inches of snow now and it is still snowing. I'm grateful I can burn some of those calories from yesterday today by shoveling snow. B)

Joan, the off grid shack sounds lovely to me!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I second the motion on the shack in Vermont, sounds great! As for me, I had the joy of clothes shopping in my "no longer fit" closet this morning - and have recovered 4 beautiful blouses, 2 favorite sweaters & 1 casual shirt that now fit! In addition, I "picked up" 3 pairs of pants and 1 jean skirt that I bought thinking "I'll fit into them" ... you know how that goes :| ... they are brand new with the tags still on them, and they fit! :D
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's not morning but I'm grateful. Wife and I came down to Nashville on Wed. to be with our Daughter and family for Christmas. Son and his family (they live near us) came down today from his in-laws near Cincinnati. Now we can have Christmas all together. We don't get to be all together nearly enough so I'm very thankful when we can. Four grand kids from 5 -12 play together so well and are really good buds for no more than they see one another. I'm thankful I got a 4.18 mile hike in this morning before it began to rain. I'm thankful for the ladies who cooked up some great food for dinner and I was able to be under my calories. Life is good and I'm grateful! Darrell
  • mxchana
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful time, Darrell! Enjoy.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful, I'm not quite sure why - haven't had any coffee yet and it was a late night last night at a family gathering. Bottom line - grateful - will have to do.

I agree, Darrell - it's so great to see kids come together and play even when it's a long time between visits. Something very heartwarming there!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I'm grateful that the scale budged downwards, it had gone upwards after the 24 & 25th.
    The wonderful CO sunshine made it warm enough for a nice walk yesterday, I'm very grateful for that!

Darrell, I still remember the family get togethers with all the cousins, good memories. The best part of holidays from my childhood.
  • IndianaPapaw
    Options
    Just got back from a two mile walk in a light drizzle. About 40 degrees and calm so it was a pleasant walk.

Retirehappy, I had a lot of cousins too. Mom and Dad each had five siblings so our family get togethers were big.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Grateful to be on vacation and able to visit family and friends in my home town. Darrell & retire happy, I too have many happy memories of holidays with my cousins. My mother was the oldest of eight so it was quite a tribe! Today I am having lunch with several of my cousins, including one I was especially close with when we were little. I haven't seen her since 1968! I am really looking forward to our reunion.
  • IndianaPapaw
    Options
    Wow, mxchana, that is great. 1968, that's a long time. That's the year we got married. :) Lots of catching up to do.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I bounce as well as I do at 63!!

So yesterday I was biking behind the Granddaughter (20-yrs) and since she knew the path, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been <My Bad> So this bush decides to sticks a limb into one of the rear baskets and causes me to go from 60 to 0 in about 5-feet resulting in one ripped-off basket and one smashed-up knee. And the poor bike is now making squeaky noises as well as having the basket amputated. The knee looked like a softball yesterday but the swelling did go down quite a bit during the night. Good thing we are going home today!

• retirehappy
    Options
    Mxchana, that is a long time. But I have cousins I spent hours with I haven't seen in about that same time span so I know how it happens.

I am grateful that I am on here during this holiday season as last year I stopped logging and posting and am in the process of re-losing many of the pounds I had taken off earlier with MFP. This time I decided to face the truth good or bad about what I am doing. I really want to get to goal weight in 2015 and I know logging and posting on MFP helps me a LOT.

I am grateful for the others who have been posting, I can't eat if I'm typing, >:)
  • mxchana
    Options
    The meeting with my cousins was just wonderful - truly the best holiday gift I have received in a long time! My aunt surprised me by rounding up not two but FIVE cousins and their spouses, plus an uncle and his wife that I have not seen in decades. What a great surprise to go in and see them all standing there in the entryway! Just a blessing.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    I am grateful that I will be able to retire later this year.
    I have been very fortunate to have a job that has good people to work with.
    I am also grateful that our mother at 93 is still with us
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Kathy, what a wonderful present. I reconnected with a long-lost cousin whom I was close with until they moved to CA when we were 12. She found me on facebook a couple of years ago. It was like we never had all those years between us. Happy for you!

Grateful to almost a year with MFP and 8 months with this fine group of friends!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful the weather is due to warm up for the next week or so, back to the 40's eventually. Last night was a record low temperature as was the day before.

I am grateful I am not going into the new year with all the pounds I put back on earlier in the year, thanks to MFP and my friends here.

Bring on 2015, may it treat us all kindly.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Grateful today - and every day - for my loving husband. Grateful for a fresh new year filled with possibilities! Happy, healthy 2015 to all of us as we continue on our path to fitness and wellness!
    - Kathy
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that my partner is finally realizing that I really can't eat like he does. My New Year's resolution is to stick with this no matter how discouraged I get.
  • retirehappy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thankful it is already in the mid 20s today, we should get over 32F today. I can't wait to get outside again for a walk. I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds dvds this week.

Hope none of us were average this holiday season, the average weight gain is 10 lbs from Halloween to New Year. :D

I am always grateful I get to spend my life with my wonderful, romantic, loving, inspiring husband.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I feel at peace even thought all is not perfect. My daughter and her husband have a financial mess, one of my grandsons was a little disrespectful on Christmas. But, I realize what I can do and what I cannot. I did 10,000 steps yesterday and have 1,200 to do today to reach my goal. And I will do it!