Daily check in

Options

Replies

• ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the huge lack of posting, my term ended at work, so between that and the holidays I've had no reason to be on a computer :P

Holidays were rough on me food-wise, so I'm working on getting myself back in order. I've stayed relatively good with exercising though, so there's that. My Christmas was great Dana, thanks! How about yours? :)

Welcome Julie, and congrats on your loss!

Happy New Year to you both, let's make it the best yet!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    OK LADIES I AM READY !!!! (*) I have decided that for the next month i am FINALLY going to follow through with my workouts and eating right. I have set myself up for 1200 cals p/d and started a 30 day abs workout with running on my abs rest days. ALSO a VERY big one for me is i have decided that i am cutting out my WINE for the next month.( <3 to chill w/my wine @ night). All this starts TODAY !!! o:) So far so good.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Yesterday I went to a New Years brunch, which officially marks my last holiday festivity. Mid-November started with my birthday which was followed by thanksgiving, starting a new job, a vacation in Miaimi, and then Christmas and New Year. In that whole time, I am up 7 pounds :( So I am starting today and am serious about checking in everyday. I am determined now to lose 10-15 pounds. I have 1260 calories per day and plan to excercise a lot.

It's great that you've stayed good with the exercising Ashley! (So have I--it clearly didn't prevent the weight gain). My Christmas was pretty good, though there is always some stress when two small kids are involved.

Welcome back Monica!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    I am still on track !! 3 days down !!! AND NOW on to the work week...
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Ate out yesterday and went just a little over. Not bad for my first day back, I think. No excuses today--I want to be under my calories! No cheating, will track everything!
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Got a new job starting tomorrow, closer to where I live, but far away from my gym. Not sure if I'm going to switch gyms or suck it up and keep going to my present one.. I have my PT at my current gym, so I'd have to switch trainers if I move, which I'm not thrilled about.. Gah.

I've still been exercising, but my diet has been mediocre. I don't overeat, but I don't eat particularly well. I have a hard time bothering to prepare meals and eat well when I'm not working so I've just been snacking on whatever's around. I'll get back to routine soon.

Sounds like you ladies are doing well, good job! :)
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Kept my food in check and got my workout done. Then went for a 3mile walk with hubby. Was a good day. BUT i did end up getting a bottle of wine and that was against my rules, good thing is i only had 1 glass.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Congrats on the new job Ashley! I am also adjusting to a new job, new routine. I haven't been fitting in my workouts the past couple days, and have been over calories--it's frustrating. I plan to exercise for the next few days, so hopefully I can make up some of those calories.

Sounds like you are doing great Monica! Nothing wrong with one glass of wine :)
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Thanks Dana! & I can totally relate with the calorie business, but keep on keeping on! :)

No biggie Monica, good you kept it to one glass!

Man it's hard controlling myself right now. I'm freezing, pms-ing, and working more so I pretty much always want to eat. And there's always sugary foods EVERYWHERE. I predict hot chocolate is going to become an obstacle :P
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Well i managed to find the bottom of the bottle of wine last night. :( But i did manage to get all my exercises done and am still on track for my calories. Had a big work day today also so that helped with some calorie burning. TOM is due any day now so its been fun keeping on track. Well lets see what we can do for tomorrow. Good luck ladies (*)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Hang in there Ashley! Keep exercising--I find that's the best way to prevent binging but still eat a little more on hungry days :) Great job Monica!

Yesterday I was on target :) but didn't really make up any calories :(. Today it looks like snowy weather might prevent me from either running or driving to the gym :(. I hate work out videos, but Jillian Michaels might be my only option. I really want an at home elliptical but they are so expensive...
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Yesterday was ok but I was a little over. Weighed in today and I am down .8 pounds. Considering the first week you usually see a bigger drop, this is ok but not great. I know I've been a little over all week--I will do better this week!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    So i didn't get my Run in that i was hoping for. Stiff cold east winds kinda kill the thrill of running outdoors...LOL But I did get out for a 4mile walk. All in all it was a good day. Today is back to the abs workout.
    Good luck with your day. (*)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    4 mile walk sounds good Monica! I was proud of myself for running the other day in 19 degree F weather, but it was sunny and not too windy. Yesterday was frigid so I did jillian michaels "banish fat boost metabolism". That video really kicks my butt--practical had me in tears. Not nearly as pleasant as running...
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Yesterday was a good exercise day. Got in my 30 day abs challenge (*) and did a few other extras (*) too. Also got out for a 2.6 mi. run. <3 (*) THAT felt great !! Barely got my fitbit steps in but i did manage. (*) On the BAD side i broke down and had 2 glasses of wine. :'( With TOM visiting this week i just felt like it... Now i need to refrain from polishing off the bottle tonight :\ ...LOL GOOD LUCK with your day (*)
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Yesterday was a great workout day. B) Food was good as well. (*) BUT i did manage to polish off the bottle of WINE i had in the fridge. :( TOM is gone this morning <3 YYEEAAHHHH !!! Now to continue on the war path against this extra weight i have. :#
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Keep at it Monica! Sounds like you've had some slip ups but nothing too bad :)

So I am at a new job since December. I went from being a stay at home mom to working part time Tuesday and Wednesday, all day. I am really struggling with my work days! It is a total change in routine and I am eating too much. We have catered food at the office and all kinds of treats. And I did manage to stop at the gym on my way home yesterday but it was a shorter work out and I was way over calories for the day. I also have a cold, which always makes me hungrier. I am going to try to do better at work today, especially since I know I won't work out today :(
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    I remember when i went back to work after i had my kids. It is a tough transition. Give it time and you will find a way that will work for you. Being in an office maybe you can take stairs instead of the elevator, or walk around the building during your lunch . Take the long way to the restroom... things like that will help. Also make sure you have your water with you at your desk, and maybe a granola /nut snack mix for the cravings. I never had an office job but these are things that a lot of people are doing that do have them. As for the cold i hope that goes away soon.

My day is just getting started so we will see how i do.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Thasks Monica! Yesterday was better, but still over with no exercise. I'm done with my work days for the week, so I should be good with my usual routine now. Still trying to kick the cold though!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Yesterday was kinda slow. Did my indoor workout and went to work for a little bit.

Then stayed in and did "end of year" business paper work for the rest of the day. :s

Food was fine and stayed away form the wine for another day ! (*) Now onto today....