Daily check in

Options

Replies

• DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I ran and stayed in my calories yesterday, plan for today to be similar. I have to be careful about cheating and then estimating--I will try to keep everything tracked today.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dana. You can do it. I had a suck day yesterday. COLD AND RAINY makes for a BORING day !! I barely got my 15k steps for my fitbit. Had to walk and run in place for HRS!! THEN i went and got a bottle of Chardonnay BAD BAD BAD i drank the whole thing :s . BUT on a good note this morning, i woke up and stepped on the scale and it smiled back at me !!!!!!! I finally broke past my low weight and am now 131.4 !!!! 11.4 to my goal weight !!!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been pretty busy at work with the training and whatnot. Starting to get back into a routine though so that's nice. Now to reign in my nighttime/ weekend eating.. Lol. Still gym-ing quite a bit, so no worries there at least. Weight is back up a few lbs, as is bodyfat but nothing too bad all things considered.

Good job on getting yourself back on track Dana! That's a pretty significant lifestyle change but it sounds like you're doing good :)

Congrats on the good news Monica!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    That's great news Monica! Sounds like the Chardonnay didn't do too much damage :) Welcome back Ashley!

So I was up two pounds two days ago--crazy!!--but am back down a pound today. But overall that is still not going in the right direction. I've been cheating too much-I need to make better things happen this week. Been exercising a lot this weekend so that's a start.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Thanks guys. now if i can just stick with it...LOL Sounds like you are both doing better and i think you can manage to get yourselves back on track. I know it's tough !! good luck.
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Good day yesterday, stayed at calorie goal! Work is today and tomorrow, have to deal with the catered food temptation. I think I will try to pack lunch one day and do small portions of the catered stuff the other day. I will allow myself one cookie or brownie (that is usually the dessert). I might not be able to work out today, unfortunately...
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    DANA ... Glad you had a good day yesterday. Sounds like you might have a way to deal with the food at work too. There is always a way to get some type of workout done even if its just going for a walk during a break at work. Every little bit counts ;)

Yesterday was pretty good for me. I am gonna get back to my abs challenge today as long as my muscles don't give me a fit when i try to do my sit-ups. Will also try to get out for a run today.

I hope you all have a great day :D Good luck with your goals (*)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Monica, hope you enjoyed your run! I was over yesterday but not bad considering no workout. I skipped the catered lunch too. I'm going to do the lunch today but will do small servings and leave work early to go to the gym.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    SO my muscles have recovered and i got ALL my exercises done yesterday !!!! Also got out for a 5 mile hike with hubby. Did good on my food but i have a problem with sticking with my NO WINE this month...LOL. Maybe i should just do a minimal wine per day thing...LOL . Anyway i hope everyone has a good day today.
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Trying to get back into a flow, lol. I found a place close to work that makes delicious salads, but I need to stay away from their dressing.. Haha. My gym situation is weird, so I go to different locations depending on the day so I can still see my PT on mon/wed/fri every second week.

Haven't been sleeping well at all lately though, so I'm exhausted.

Nice job on the hike Monica! Hope you had fun :) good job on resisting the catered lunch Dana, that's tough :P
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I'm so jealous Monica! I did not get out of work in time for that workout yesterday :(. I'm sorry you are not sleeping well Ashley, that makes dieting much harder. Hang in there. When I am sleep deprived I have less self control, so I try to keep bags of baby carrots around to keep me busy eating.

So I was over yesterday. I did good all day, even with the catered lunch, but got the munchies right before bed, and ruined it with some popcorn. So frustrating! No more work days this week so I plan to exercise everyday and make up those calories. I have to go into makeup mode now, which means saving my workout calories.
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Yesterday was a SLOW day !!! I hate it when that happens. I did get my indoor exercises done :) but no run or hike/walk. :'( Hope we all have better days today. B)
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I hope your week got better Monica! The past couple days were good for me. Today I was 134; down from last week but overall poor progress this month. I have to do better. My execcise today will be shoveling snow!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    My weekend should be a good one for exercises. Planning a day trip to the BEACH and gonna be NICE(65 and dry, instead of 45and rainy) . Also drying out here a bit so i should get out and run and hike and all that stuff.

Dana i wish we got snow this yr. I LOVE going out in it for walks and stuff. Hubby always does the shoveling so i don't have to do it. But i would if i had too...LOL Burns a LOT of Calories !!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Wow, what beautiful weather Monica! We are expecting a blizzard here. Enjoy your workout!

I was over caliries yesterday but down a pound this morning! I am determined to make good progress this week. I will get in a run today before the blizzard starts.
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    Wow I'm jealous of your weather Monica, I'd do anything to get rid of this cold.

Good job on the loss Dana! Don't belittle the progress, you're headed in the right direction :)

I'm sick at the moment AND have a dental infection from wisdom teeth growing in.. So I can't eat much from the pain of opening my mouth to get utensils in.. So I guess the scale will be down this week! Lol
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Ashley-you are right, I shouldn't belittle my progress :). I'm sorry you are so sick--that does not sound fun. I think I have a sinus infection, which unfortunately is making me hungrier. So I was significantly over today. Will be holed up in a blizzard tomorrow, but I plan to do a lot of shoveling for exercise. Feel better Ashley!
  • ashleydawndill
    Options
    We got stuck in a blizzard too, I had to get out and shovel just for an excuse to exercise :P

Mouth is back to normal so I can eat again. Still a little sick but I can exercise normally without breathing issues so that's good enough for me!

My bf joined the gym last week so he's been going hard at it too. So proud of him :')

Sorry to hear of your infection Dana, hope it clears up quickly!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    Glad your are feeling better Ashley! I did pretty good in my past two work days, was only a little over. I made it to the gym one day and was pretty good with my eating. Hoping to get to the gym today, but unessecary preschool delays (the snow isn't even sticking!!) is making my schedule difficult...
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Glad to see you are both getting better and survived the blizzard.
    I have been doing pretty good out here on the west coast as far as weather. Thankfully i rarely get sick. My only problem i really come up with is lack of motivation to do anything. I have been doing a 30 day abs challenge and figure out that when i do too many sit-ups (which i hate anyway) i tend to pull a muscle in my lower abdomen and it sets me back on ALL core exercises. SO i will be starting a different one next month. I don't have the crazy life of small kids(all gown) and a daily job(self employed) so my days are always easy for my food and exercise as long as i don't decide to derail myself...LOL.
    I hope you both have a great day.