Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    pray everything goes well for you Ang - good luck
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sooooo tired - and haven't even begun the main crazy schedule - just inputting all the upcoming music events and seeing all the conflicts - kind of want to cry - and I kind of want to cry just because I am more than a little hormonal today - so, yeah, good times.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Lord, sometimes I feel like the only one. I know the haters are gonna hate, and the fakers are gonna fake, but it's hard to shake it off. Help me to care more about what You think than anything else? Help me to trust in your plan. Make my paths straight. In Jesus' name, amen.

boy did this speak to me with all my recent turmoil with the boy - and all of you trying to help me get to this point too!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Marla , You crack me up . Hahaha. I know it feels so hard right now . Life is so hard right ? But it's so good too. I can't wait until 20 years from now you look back and see how much fun it was even though it felt so hard .

My Daughter messaged me yesterday that she hates her Japanese class and the teacher lol. She says the lady teaches directly from the book and she could just have bought the book if that's how she will teach all year ha! My daughter is terrible like that - quick to judge , I wish she would just learn it and stop judging people. The lady went to college to get a degree the least my daughter could do is show a little respect - which is the talk I'll be having with her when I get home on Monday . I told her that she can graduate college and teach her own class so she can then be judged by out people.?

well nothing new her . I'm here till 8 sigh

Amy
    -
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Conversation went well. :smiley: He's asked me to stay until at least the end of next week, giving me more time to try to finalize somethings and help get our part time assistant (soon to be full time) ready for a lot of what I do that she will need to do while they look for someone.

I found a posting for a government job. A dream of mine to work for. He's told me to go for it. I'm perfecting my resume and applying. I hope I at least get a phone call! The only thing against me really for the qualifications, is that I am 6 months short of the time frame they want for related experience. However, if you look at some of the other qualifications, I would have that many times over with my experience in customer service and retail. Only thing I can is apply and see what happens.
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Wow! That was a lot to catch up on. Everyone has a lot going on in their lives.

Ang, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this transition.

Amy, have your son go into one of our local office-- Business and Career Solutions Centers. Where is he living? I can give you the address and telephone number (maybe who to talk to depending on the office). I live in Plaquemine, to answer your question from several days ago, where the high today should hit 70. (I know, that's kind of mean for me to say) There is absolutely no way I could ever handle your temps!! Even inside your office. I'm such a wimp.

Cute Cute Cute blanket, Shirley. It's a BOY!! I don't think I knew that. I'm with Jenny -- please come stay with me for a while and organize my recipes, clean a few rooms, and exercise with me! Snow skiing is on my bucket list. I better get to it before I blow out a hip or something.

Jenny, how have you been feeling? Are you back to your norm prior to your new position?

Oh, Marla. I wish I had the magic answer. Parents can't want "it" more than the kids. Whether the "it" is their grades, job, spouse, etc. Sadly I say the same thing at work. I have such a high work ethic while others are collecting a paycheck and barely contributing. Hang in there, enjoy the highlights, and pray for wisdom and guideance.

As for me...YES my Jeep was stolen Saturday but found by police five hours after I reported it. There wasn't any major damage. I was able to drive it home. My husband's spare set of car keys were even still in it. We are having it rekeyed just in case since our address is on the insurance and registration. I was in New Orleans, so the person would have to steal another vehicle with a full tank of gas to get to me. But yes, Amy, it would be like me to forget where I park. I do it at Wal Mart frequently.

I'm back to work full time and back to Couch to 5K. I jumped in at day 2 of week 3 Monday and doing okay. I keep thinking of how far I have to go. That little voice in my head is trying to convince me to forget about running.

Our Krewe's Ball is Saturday night so every day after work I head to the civic center to decorate sets until 11ish. (Missing Catholic School's Week activities and basket ball games :'( ). I am dragging!! Looking forward to Saturday night though. I did finally find a dress I like and having it altered. It won't be ready in time for my Ball, but will wear it next weekend to another Krewe's Ball that I'm a guest of.

Guess I better get busy. Have a great Thursday.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Marla- I'm hormonal right now too. Busy weeks at work, said good-bye to David today and ready for a trip out of town. I agree with L's comment about we can't want it more than our kids. In 10 years you will look back and be amazed what a wonderful young man Zach is and how he will be successful no matter what. The teen age years are a huge challenge and lots of frustrations.

Ang- Glad it went well. Sorry you have this big change in your life but I believe it will all work out for the better.

Amy- Staying warm?

L- WTG getting back into your running routine. My knees are hurting again. The shots are wearing off unfortunately. That's life I guess.

Tired and crabby so drinking wine and watching TV. TGIF for tomorrow!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Happy Friday sweeties - carry on :D
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just lost my post, sometimes I don't like this tablet. :p

A lot happening here I see. AMY sorry you had such a rough ride to work. I hope that weather gets better for you. I don't know if I could work in such cold conditions, inside!

MARLA I have to agree when you look back at all the stressing you did about the boys and the energy you used up, you will laugh at it. It's something all parents have to go through. There are books on parenting, buy its life you have to experience and hope you get it right. I still ask my girls if I did some things wrong in the past. The past is the past and then its gone. Enjoy them and then
    they grown up.

JENNY - At least you got some visit with your son, better than none. Maybe a longer stay next time.
    - They are adults and they are living their lives. You did a good job.

L - You are such a party girl. Have fun decorating and enjoy the ball. Sorry about the jeep being
    stolen. I would be devestated if I came out and my car was gone.

ANG - Good luck with the job resume and working for the government would be a bonus. Fingers crossed.

Today was my dr apt for my next colonoscopy, they called me today and said it would be on
    Feb 10th. So soon! :\ The prep is worst than the procedure.

Dinner tonight with Edith, my MIL, and my DH. I think I will have a taco salad.

Down 7 pounds from Christmas. The journey continues and trying to get to my lowest like
    last summer. A work in progress.

Shirley
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    sigh, too depressed to post today - family drama with my oldest son . I'll post tomorrow if I can understand it . :neutral_face:
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    wow , What a difference a day makes ,

I was pretty upset yesterday , My oldest decided to dissect my parenting of him and was really throwing what I would call emotional bombs at me . They were hurtful and oh so mean and insulting .

He said I was never there for him and he never had a normal childhood and the list goes on and on . I was 15 when he was born ,so ya, I know his life wasn't all peachy and I never said it was . He said he wanted to set some things straight ? Like why did I go out ? Why did I marry my ex-husband ? What ? OMG . Why didn't I make his dad pay child support ? He said that by me not protecting his interest he had a *kitten* life ?

Well ,He texted me all day until he starting saying things about how I never stayed in contact with my step dad and then I finally realized he was kind of thinking he was justified in picking apart my life with facts he knew nothing about - because I was in contact with my step father and called and visited regularly ,until he passed away . So I told my son that he had started to go too far way earlier , I told him he was not allowed to insult me or pick apart all of my decisions in my life and that I'm sorry he didn't have the kind of June Cleaver mother he wanted . He got me ,and I did the best I could and that this was not the kind of conversation we should be having via text any how . So he called me later on and was saying something about when he was 17 I gave a way his baseball cards and If I hadn't done that he would not owe student loans that those cards were worth so much money and I lost my mind and told him they were lost , I never gave them away and then he hung up on me ... What the heck ?

anyhow , I'm better today because this is all craziness he created in his head to take the blame off of himself for getting a degree in Asian Studies which cannot possibly get him a job so it all must be mom's fault .

Sorry I had to share this personal business but maybe one of you or someone you know went through something like this and can provide some insight .

Amy

• AmyZ46
    Options
    Forgot to tell you guys it has warmed up immensely .it's -3 today
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Yay Shirley! WTG with 7 pounds down! I would also be devastated if my car was stolen.

Marla- Hope all has calmed down.

Ang- How are you? Is word out you're leaving your job?

Amy- Hope all is okay with your son.

I just finished the latest Grisham book, Gray Mountain. It was good but his typical rushed ending which drives me crazy. The guy needs to take a class in how to write a good book ending. Weather turning colder but no new snow yet. Love that I don't have to wear boots. Starting to prepare for our trip. I picked up some odds and ends today. The rental car is reserved. I need to make a list of what to pack and see how my capris, etc. fit.

Well relaxing and going to bed early. Very tired today and my knees are bad again. The shots were short lived unfortunately.

Have a nice super bowl Sunday.

Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    I am sitting here logging my food and exercise for the day (yeah! even if it was just a walk) and starting to realize how tired I am. Maybe I should not have taken off my make up and washed my face for the night! Then again it's been a busy day. I did laundry, cleaned, finished working on the library books to take to church tomorrow, did my baking, ran a couple of errands, went to our annual church business meeting, did some baking, perfected my resume, organized my closet and did some ironing. (Not in that order). I finally just curled up in my chair and read. I am surprised with how much I got done today!! It was a very profitable and tiring day!

Next week marks my last day at my job. It's going to be a hard week. Might be a shorter week with the predicted 25-35 cm of snow coming in Monday! I will have to check the weather forecast again tomorrow, see when it's going to start and contact my boss about it if it's to start early in the morning.

I've already found a job I am going to apply for. It's a government job! While I am about 6 months shy of the 4 years they state, I am going to submit my resume and see what happens. I will consider myself happy if I just get called for an interview. I have a superb reference in my boss, as he works closely with some of the people there and knows almost everyone there. It's a dream of mine to work for the government. I'm just going to apply to it and pray and wait and see what happens.

The next several weeks are going to be hard financially. Living off only about 55%-60% of my normal income won't be easy at all. If I can keep getting days like today shopping, it would be great. EVERYTHING (except one thing - bus tickets) that I picked up today was ON SALE!! How great is that?? (Bus tickets never go on sale!)

Well I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow afternoon I am invited over to a friends house. My friend that has Reid!!! I get to see my fur baby tomorrow!!! I certainly hope he remembers me. It's been over a year since my last visit there. I can't wait.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Amy - Sorry you have to go through this with your son. My older daughter and I clash a bit, I hate to say it but she is like me. I would have a sit down talk with him quiet and
    respectful and maybe you can sort some things out.

Today Dave and I went out for breakfast at a local restaurant in town we like. He just left to visit his mom for a while and I have a few things to do before the Super Bowl game.

I started the MFP squat challenge today. I will see how well I do since my left knee is a little sore today. I already put some bio freeze on it to help it.

Have a good day, we are supposed to get a lot of snow heading our way. It stopped us from going skiing this morning because they have a winter warning out for today.
    Since we go over to the states to ski we don't want to get stuck there.

Don't forget Downton Abbey is on if you are a watcher.

Enjoy the game if anyone is watching.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• angf0679
    Options
    I saw Reid today!!! It was so nice to see my fur baby again. I miss my cat. I did pick him up. He's gained a lot of weight since the last time I saw him cowering in the basement. He's certainly not a scardy cat any more! He lets men and children put him! I couldn't hold him for long as he didn't seem to like it. He kept staring at me as if thinking "I know you. Why do I know you?" My friend says I need to come back over again soon as he will probably remember me better.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Too short of a weekend. I wish I had one more day. I got a few errands done this weekend, went to church and relaxed.

Amy- Is your son going through a life crisis of what do I do with my life? Where do I go from here? My middle son went through some bad stuff in high school and got into a lot of trouble. He was pretty nasty towards me and I couldn't reason with him. He began to live at his Dad's full time until he went to college. Luckily he turned himself around and began to appreciate that he had two sets of loving parents and not blame everything on me and the divorce when he was a baby. It's tough to hear the things they say to us even if we know they aren't accurate or when they hit the mark... Hang in there!

Ang-I'm glad you got to see your cat. That must have been a nice reunion. Good luck with your job prospect. I hope you get the interview and the job.

Shirley- Did the snow come? We had cold temps and wind today but no snow. We took the dogs to the dog park to run. I should have worn my face mask.

Hi Marla and L! Off to shower and go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Amy - sorry to hear your clashing with the boy - I'm sure no matter how old they get they will always have the power to slay us with their criticism even when it is not warranted - I pray he can get settled in and restock and come back to you with some better conversations

Ang - good luck!

Shirley - we got a fairly heavy storm around here - and though the accumulation was only around 6 inches - the blowing is terrible and the snow/ice pack is awful. They actually cancelled the city school - I think that's only the second time in my twenty years here!

The ball tourney is over - and I heard a lot of grumbling about why they didn't cancel Sunday - but what the heck people - your kids spent the night here in town - even if they would have cancelled the tourney - you still would have had to come get your kiddos - I mean not that any of us would have turned them out - but I'm guessing you wanted them home - or you would have said fuhgeddabouddit - I am feeling upset with our coach - he physically yanked (grabbed the front of his jersey) Zach out of the game Saturday and I saw nothing the warranted his anger at Zach and then sat him the rest of the game. He also only played less than half on Sunday - as a starter and not seeing any horrendous errors or bad temper or attitude I am upset. I know I have to shake it off b/c as I always say to myself if you want them to play more you have to coach - but I also feel angry when the others play worse and get more time - as a lower classmen last year he got almost no time playing and getting experience last year and this year the younger ones have gotten more than equal time with what he is getting. And the yanking him out. Grrrr. A few more games, a few more games - coach can bit my booty and deal with Bernie's anger when it blows - I ain't trying to soothe the bear the next time

Tiiiirrreeeeed - I think the boys enjoyed coming over- they were really only there for a few hours - from about 8:30 p.m. to 9 a.m. - they played xbox for a couple of hours and then we got them up a little before 8 and fed them and packed them off back to school
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Sitting at the computer with an ice pack on my right side of my back. I have knot by my
    shoulder blade. Good thing I have a chiropractor apt tomorrow.

Jenny - Yes we got the snow blizzard today. Missed Yoga class this morning. There was a wall of snow around the cars. Couldn't leave.

Have to go my back is spasming. Yuck!

Will comment later.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    Options
    I am so glad I got off early yesterday BEFORE the storm started!!! I was reading nightmare stories of normal 20 or 30 minute drives, taking anywhere from 3 to 5 HOURS for people to get home!! Today we delayed opening to noon. One of the lawyers picked me up on his way in, which was really nice. NONE of the sidewalks out where I live were plowed yet. (Certainly hope they are by tonight!) As I was leaving, I looked at the people I rent from, and he had JUST finished shoveling the snowbank from the snowplow. I told him he had perfect timing in finishing that for me so I could leave! It was easily over my knees.

We have another snowstorm that is supposed to be coming on Thursday. I blame the groundhog in our area that saw his shadow. Well then again, it's not his fault he saw it, the sun was out when the pulled him out of his warm cozy borrow. I will just keep my eye on the weather. Thursday is still two days away, the weather can easily change a dozen times between now and then. That's Nova Scotia for you!