Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Mxchana that is a wonderful thing, in deed.

starburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gif
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Kathy, that is fantastic! You have really been consistent and are doing so well!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I'm thankful that exercise is part of my life now. Yesterday when getting out of the car to go to the gym I tried to remember when I would have to "think" about going and would have to motivate myself to go. Most days now, I don't even think about it. I just go. It is just a habit now.
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Many things to be thankful for such as: two snowstorms and we didn't lose power either time; and we can afford to crank the heat up a little when it gets bitterly cold as it is today. But my favorite gratitude item this morning is getting my BMI down to 28.7 - when I started my journey at the end of August, it was 40.2. "

That is an amazing drop in BMI mxchana. Good for you!!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mxchana, congrats on the BMI! That is fantastic. And Dream you are really making progress. I'm happy for you. I'm grateful for my change in attitude. I've been in the dumps, had a rough January, did not feel well, ate too much, gained 4 lbs!!! So disappointed. But I've started doing the exercises I'm supposed to do for my neck, back and hip, and have been riding the exercise bike, 20 min. last week, 25 this, 30 next. The following week I can start walking 1/2 mile a day for a week and build up from there. I have to accept these restrictions and my body .
  • Bettikins52
    Bettikins52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IndianaPaPaw - Congrats! Baby steps everyday..we proud of every achievement big or small.
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bettikins52 and welcome to the group.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for the weather, between two Silver Sneakers classes and a walk outside, I should far exceed my daily goal of 10K. We are expected to hit a record high today and the last of the snow has just gone away. So glad for all the CO sunshine!
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful I found MFP. I'm starting to enjoy walking, even though it is difficult at times. I'm slowly losing weight and am looking forward to nicer weather, when I can walk outdoors instead of the boring treadmill.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What a great thread this is! Really made me stop and think about so many blessings in my life - both great & small! Thanks! I am new here & definitely would love to be part of this upbeat group.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Mangotango, welcome, we are a friendly and supportive group here. We can always use a little help from our friends.
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Mangotango, welcome! This group is always on my gratitude list. It's a blessing to visit here every single day.
  • mangotango
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome - I can see why this group is on your gratitude list.

I Have to get moving on exercise - I am ready to go back to water aerobics twice a week - had PHysical Therapy three times a week since last October. Now that's a gratitude item for sure! Feel worlds better now and keeping at stretches , etc. so I don't backslide.

Next session for my water class starts Monday so I need to be in it!
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Greetings mangotango. I am grateful that you followed the breadcrumbs to the wonderful group here. It is the best!
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    And... gratitude for this group. On my first of 11 days with Mom she brought out Lemon Pie at lunch!!!!! Thanks to y'all I didn't need to think twice before saying No Thanks. xxx
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Joan, kudos to you on "just saying no" - not easy but you did it!!

Mangotango, welcome! I'm grateful for your joining us on the journey!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning Tea and Gratitude :wink:

I am grateful that I was able to have a walk today and I am grateful for the beauty in the world.

I'm not good describing things with words but I am going to try and share some of the beauty I saw today. Our walks take us on a road running along the top of the ridge of the mountain on the small island where we live. There was very little traffic as it is Saturday.
    At one point I looked down over the Atlantic Ocean. The sun was just rising up over the mountain and was backlighting all the smaller islands so they look like the large and small Loch Ness monsters rising out of the silvery blue sea as calm as glass. On the horizon there were white puffy clouds in a baby blue morning sky. It was so beautiful tears actually came to my eyes.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bvifun, that sounds like a wonderful place and a good walk.

Joan, congrats on saying no to your Mom, that is a barrier to cross, and you did it. Yea YOU.

I am grateful my endurance is finally kicking in. I ended up burning about 1000 cals yesterday. Did two Silver Sneakers classes, some up and down of the stairs in my two story house, and then DH and I walked around two lakes, one not so large but the other had a trail over 3 miles long around it plus a small added island accessible by a bridge, we did it all it was over 70, and a beautiful day. The more I did, the more I wanted to do, I haven't been in that mind space in a long time and I am so grateful for that.

I am also grateful I realize that I am stoked at the moment and instead of upping my Feb. goal of doing 10K 5-6 days of week, I realized I need to complete a month at this level and up the count next month. I tend to go overboard, and I am acknowledging that. I want this to be the last time I am at my current weight, I don't want to be back here doing the same things next year. I want to be in a better state of fitness and at my goal weight instead. Maybe with age, does come more wisdom?

Did stop in at the 24 HR. fitness center near our home and signed up as a member. We plan on doing some traveling and they are nationwide, so we can stop into one of those if we need a place to exercise while traveling. My husband used them for years when he was working and really likes them. Me, not so much, too many bouncy young things around for me to feel comfortable, but he can enjoy his eye candy if he wants. B)

Grab the day, it is all we really have for sure.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Mango, welcome. We have a February challenge going that we just started on Tuesday and will go until March 3. We check in on Tuesdays. You don't have to compete with anyone else. Just set a goal for yourself. It doesn't need to be pounds lost either. You can challenge yourself to do water aerobics twice a week. Sometimes just setting a goal and reporting when you do it or don't (we will still cheer you on either way) helps stick with it! Look on the thread and let us know you goal if you are interested.
  • mangotango
    Options
    Thanks again all for your welcome and the window into your little corner of the world. BVI - your sunrise island walk sounds really lovely. Brings me beautiful memories of some of our trips. Love sunrise on the water. Thanks for sharing that!

I need to challenge myself so great idea on that thread G-Charlie. I have to put some thought into it and will add myself in.

RetireHappy - your burned 1000 calories yesterday - amazing! Means I should get up and MOVE! Think I will make Holly wildly happy and take her for a walk. Lol!