Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Bvifun, there is nothing wrong with your ability to describe in words - beautifully done, I was there in my mind's eye! ~ Kathy
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Mangotango, Welcome, this is a great group--lots of support and encouragement.
    I'm grateful for the beautiful sunset last night, and some of my co-workers. They are being supportive w/an family issue from Christmas. That is what started me eating again and I kept it up thru the month of January. Gained 4 lbs. Happy to log this Tuesday, I have lost those!!!
  • learntolive
    Options
    I'm Joni. Loved the fireworks retirehappy!
  • mxchana
    Options
    Great job releasing those extra pounds, Joni!

Today I am grateful we are getting fresh snow ... and probably a day off tomorrow due to another snow day. Little by little, I am working on my bookkeeping to prepare for our tax meeting with our accountant in March. So I can use all the free time I can get!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Today is am thankful for a hot bath and a cool night. A wonderful and infrequent combination in a warm country.

@DreamOn145‌ ...... You have started a winner thread here. That is not surprising as this is such a positive group. :heart: Perhaps it could be broken up into monthly threads?

Wanda
  • learntolive
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a relaxing day at home.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for a 3 day weekend off. It's really cold here tonight, so wonderful to just watch a blazing fire with the Hubby.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Grateful for all the walking trails here and 70 degree weather. A great combo! Also the fish helps with the calorie counting.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm with Mango! Grateful for 3-days weekend for the holiday. Mine doesn't start until tomorrow though.

I'm grateful to a new friendship who also likes to go to the theater. Dinner and a play tonight!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am also "grateful" that we all understand the use of the word "grateful." I once worked on a political campaign and after the election, the politician gave me a desk clock that said, "For your grateful dedication to a successful campaign." Just who was grateful? ;)
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @grandmothercharlie I wish we could just LIKE a post, because I'm getting joy from the laugh you gave me with the political campaign clock anecdote. Thank you.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Grateful to be able to spend another day with my pain-in-the-you-know-where mom. Talk about a control freak! But also - talk about a loving spirit and positive attitude! Hope I can live up to her example if I make it to that exalted age.
  • learntolive
    Options
    I am grateful for a good car w/4 wheel drive to get me to work safely in the snow.
  • mxchana
    Options
    I second the gratitude for a good car! Driving has been challenging. I am especially grateful that I have the resources to begin planning a wonderful trip this summer - we are going to talk to the travel agent today about driving across country, including a visit to the Grand Canyon. I saw it just once, in 1973. Time to visit again! ~ Kathy
  • Bettikins52
    Bettikins52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Grateful for MFP! Started at 193. and now 167. MFP keeps me on track...and I have all these wonderful supportive MFP buddies!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    So glad to be. . .:-)
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am sooo grateful that all is cool at my Mom's house and I'm able to be back at home where I have some supports that are really important to me... my scale and my gym club.
  • mxchana
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Joan, glad to hear that all is well with your Mom & you are safe at home again - just in time for our next batch of snow!

Bettikins, congrats on your wonderful achievement!

I'm grateful to be on vacation this week, getting caught up on housekeeping and bookkeeping! Having a little fun, too - my granddaughter slept over last night and today we are going out to buy her own set of X-country skis (not an easy task in February, but fingers crossed). ~ Kathy
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Joan, yay. Good to hear that stressor is put on the side burner.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had to play catch up on posts here. Kathy that does sound like a wonderful trip. Haven't seen the Grand Canyon since I was a little child - heading out west next year & hope to then.

Bettikins that's quite an achievement. Congrats!

Is anyone here on the east coast? Incredible amounts of snow some places. Near Chicago & quite cold here but so far only moderate snowfall (Oh oh - did I just jinx myself?) LOL. Someone at work told me its 31 days till spring - now that's good news!

Marie