MFP Calorie Counting

Options

Replies

• julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone!! I cannot access the threads for the challenge on my Ipad. I am rarely near a real computer except at my work and I cannot do personal stuff at work. I have failed at this!! So sorry to let everyone down. I did not realize that the computer issue would be so monumental! :\:s

Are you trying to access groups on your iPad via the MFP app? Is so there is no option that enables you get to groups in the app. However, I use an iPad and if you log into MFP via your browser - works like a dream, you can access everything and look at groups as well as check the group spreadsheets. The only thing you can't do is update the spreadsheet on your iPad and for that I just pop into the spreadsheets when I'm on my computer.

Hope that helps!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    dillyg08 wrote: »
    julia_v1 wrote: »
    Wonderful work and congratulations go to our Round 2 Winners - Astraea05 with a weight loss of 1.50% and dillyg08 with 1.38% - loving the fact our group was in the top three losers. You are stars and very inspiring.

Hmm! Not sure the right was used. I didn't record a loss this time. My weight remained the same.

Congrats ate in order for Astrea05. WTG!!

Beverley,
    The spreadsheet shows a 2.6lb loss for you during round 2.

• julia_v1
    Options
    Fact Friday: Most people don't have any idea how many calories are in a pound of body weight. But that's a crucial number to know when you're trying to lose weight, and it puts all the discussion of calorie balancing and creating a calorie deficit in perspective. One pound of body weight is equal to 3,500 calories.

Gaining a pound is as easy as eating 250 calories more a day (for instance 3 chocolate chip cookies or 2 ounces cheddar cheese) for two weeks or skipping a daily 250 calorie workout without cutting back on what you eat.
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    Fact Friday: Most people don't have any idea how many calories are in a pound of body weight. But that's a crucial number to know when you're trying to lose weight, and it puts all the discussion of calorie balancing and creating a calorie deficit in perspective. One pound of body weight is equal to 3,500 calories.

Gaining a pound is as easy as eating 250 calories more a day (for instance 3 chocolate chip cookies or 2 ounces cheddar cheese) for two weeks or skipping a daily 250 calorie workout without cutting back on what you eat.

Wowza's!! ...well that puts it in perspective!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • julia_v1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Big fanfare and congratulations go to our very own team mate BuddhaMom74 who was in the top three weight loss champions this round with a 1.77% loss. Well done for hanging in there and great result. Keep going ladies...can we keep the MFP CC team in the top 3 winners list next time around too.
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Very good information! So easy to mindlessly pop cookies or cheese into your mouth without even thinking of the consequences!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I need to put this weight loss in gear!!! They had their bathing suits out at Kohls already and I actually tried a few on... how disappointing!!! My nephew is getting married in June and would be nice to not be dreading family pics and seeing everyone again! So here are my goals for the week! amp up the exercise! You are all doing so great on the exercise challenge I need to start keeping up! I did eat healthier last week and plan to continue avoiding the junk food! Lost .9 lbs so def showed on the scales. Will try to check in with the group during the week. You are all a great inspiration! I did my shopping for the week and did not purchase any chips !!! (we have the best group!)
  • Astraea05
    Options
    We can do it. My goal for this month is to watch my portions. Setting small goals is more attainable for me. Taking it one day at a time.

How did your week go? May also try eating slower ... that has helped me with smaller portions because I tend to eat fast!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Wonderful work and congratulations go to our Round 2 Winners - Astraea05 with a weight loss of 1.50% and dillyg08 with 1.38% - loving the fact our group was in the top three losers. You are stars and very inspiring.

Hmm! Not sure the right was used. I didn't record a loss this time. My weight remained the same.

Congrats ate in order for Astrea05. WTG!!
    Thanks Julia and Beverly! I had to double take this. It was for round 2! I was thinking round 3 too where I actually gained a little... but back on track for a good weigh in for round 4! lets get our group on the top 3!
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    Big fanfare and congratulations go to our very own team mate BuddhaMom74 who was in the top three weight loss champions this round with a 1.77% loss. Well done for hanging in there and great result. Keep going ladies...can we keep the MFP CC team in the top 3 winners list next time around too.

Cool! Thanks! Something snapped a few weeks ago and I got back in the game!! Now, for this Wednesday's weigh in, I will only be down just over a pound, but, I guess any drop is a win!!
  • julia_v1
    Options
    It's Weigh-in Wednesday - up or down, good or bad make yourself accountable and move forward in a different way or if it's working keep on at it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's results. I have maintained the whole way. I would have been happy to see a movement but maintenance is just as hard even though I've been at the same weight for too long and I'm not actively trying to main I'm actively trying to lose - so a little frustrating. I need to have a closer look at why I'm not losing. If I cycle a lot I want to eat more and that's one of the big obstacles. Hmm!!
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies we are doing the next challenge this March and we need volunteers to help with the fitness and recording of winners. If you wish to help please send me a message. Thanks
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Sorry team, I've been working out, but the scale is not working in my favor. Gained 0.2, not much, but I'd rather go in the other direction.
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Sorry team, I've been working out, but the scale is not working in my favor. Gained 0.2, not much, but I'd rather go in the other direction.
  • dillyg08
    Options
    It's Weigh-in Wednesday - up or down, good or bad make yourself accountable and move forward in a different way or if it's working keep on at it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's results. I have maintained the whole way. I would have been happy to see a movement but maintenance is just as hard even though I've been at the same weight for too long and I'm not actively trying to main I'm actively trying to lose - so a little frustrating. I need to have a closer look at why I'm not losing. If I cycle a lot I want to eat more and that's one of the big obstacles. Hmm!!

We're in the same boat. I had a few sweets, but I did the work to compensate. Here's the deal, let's give up some of those pound packing foods for length and see what happens. I already plan to give up sweets..and get my sugar from natural fruits.

It can be frustrating, but we gotta keep going.
  • Astraea05
    Options

We're in the same boat. I had a few sweets, but I did the work to compensate. Here's the deal, let's give up some of those pound packing foods for length and see what happens. I already plan to give up sweets..and get my sugar from natural fruits.

I was down 2.2 but sounds better that actual.. because I was up 1.3 last weigh in! I have seen you both logging a lot of minutes on the exercise sheet so I would think you are gaining muscle! I took Julia's idea about team totals on the exercise sheet and added a team total from the beginning of the challenge and our team has lost a whopping 26.7lbs!!! We have much to cheer about!
  • julia_v1
    Options

It's a deal - I just need to get rid of a few more Birthday choccies *LOL* but I've been really good and factored them into my daily count and like you tried to work off anything. Is anyone thinking of joining the challenge in March?
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »

I was down 2.2 but sounds better that actual.. because I was up 1.3 last weigh in! I have seen you both logging a lot of minutes on the exercise sheet so I would think you are gaining muscle! I took Julia's idea about team totals on the exercise sheet and added a team total from the beginning of the challenge and our team has lost a whopping 26.7lbs!!! We have much to cheer about!

That's a grand total indeed - go team :)
  • julia_v1
    Options
    Congrats go to team mate Astraea05 for keeping our team in the top 3 winners in Round 4 for her fab loss. Round 5 here we come!