Re-Boot!

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did my check in weight today. Scale dropped 2.5LBS this week. YAY.
    Turkey breast sounds great! I should get some of that!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Darn, I just lost my post. Will write again soon. Will say, however, big congrats for making such strides in only the short amount of time we have been doing the reboot. Super! (*)
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Menu:

B: two eggs one yolk, V8
    S: Green Smoothie...ugh, never again will I add broccoli to the zip fizz green smoothie...bad idea. Did get it down...but lesson learned. Broccoli was ok in my green smoothies when I had frozen fruit. Oh well. It's done.
    L: Faux Taco Salad (ground turkey, beans, salsa, LTO)
    S:
    D: Dinner at my sister's. Told her today I was on Phase One of SB...protein and veggies will do me just fine, thank you.
    D: HC fudge bar
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    for me:
    B: green smoothie
    L: garden burger patty with blue cheese
    S: string cheese
    D: will be kale and lentil soup
    D: black bean brownies

Enjoy your dinner out!
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks...just had my afternoon snack to make sure I am not crazy hungry when I have dinner with family.

Can you give me the brand of your garden burger...I bought some I liked at Costco...cannot remember the name...and took them out of the box.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    The one I had was at red robin. :smile: My favorite is the morningstar farms chipotle blacken burger from Costco.

In the end my soup wasn't ready. Hubs also made a dish, so we had his. His was cold zucchini "noodles" in a balsamic oil with hazelnuts. It was stunningly good.

Today:
    A run
    walk to work
    S; string cheese
    L: kale and lentil soup
    S: almonds
    D: not sure but definitely Phase 1 friendly!
    D: black bean brownie
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The one I had was at red robin. :smile: My favorite is the morningstar farms chipotle blacken burger from Costco.

In the end my soup wasn't ready. Hubs also made a dish, so we had his. His was cold zucchini "noodles" in a balsamic oil with hazelnuts. It was stunningly good.

Today:
    A run
    walk to work
    S; string cheese

Thanks...I have had those (Morningstar Farms Black Bean Chipotle)...and the one that won out is another one...can't remember the name...will check next time at Costco.

Man, you are killing me with all these recipes. I am so keeping it simple right now...and probably for a long while. Moving in April so my spare time is devoted to decluttering, packing and giving stuff away.

Today's Menu:

B: eggs, V8
    S: green smoothie
    L: at work...taking all the fix'ins for faux taco salad
    S: yogurt, nuts, maple syrup
    D: salmon, asparagus

Extras: olives, string cheese if necessary

Yesterday was my best day...sticking to the program. The four days leading up to yesterday were my warm up days...I will be solid for two weeks. Had no problem at dinner last night...family was totally on board to keep me HONEST!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »

Today:
    A run
    walk to work
    S; string cheese

Thanks...I have had those (Morningstar Farms Black Bean Chipotle)...and the one that won out is another one...can't remember the name...will check next time at Costco.

Man, you are killing me with all these recipes. I am so keeping it simple right now...and probably for a long while. Moving in April so my spare time is devoted to decluttering, packing and giving stuff away.

Today's Menu:

B: eggs, V8
    L: at work...taking all the fix'ins for faux taco salad
    S: yogurt, nuts, maple syrup
    D: salmon, asparagus

Extras: olives, string cheese if necessary

Yesterday was my best day...sticking to the program. The four days leading up to yesterday were my warm up days...I will be solid for two weeks. Had no problem at dinner last night...family was totally on board to keep me HONEST!
    I LOVE salmon. I wish Hubs liked seafood.
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Green smoothie update...I increased the milk to 12 ounces...decreased the water to 8...no broccoli...much better. But stilll lots of foam (obviously doing something wrong...using a vitamix)...so I left the left over foam in my "covered" mug in the fridge...and will have it after work. I had a bit left over the other day after work...did not interfere with my sleeping...which was great.

I do have coffee in the morning first thing...but no longer need another cup when I get to work. Yippee!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Green smoothie update...I increased the milk to 12 ounces...decreased the water to 8...no broccoli...much better. But stilll lots of foam (obviously doing something wrong...using a vitamix)...so I left the left over foam in my "covered" mug in the fridge...and will have it after work. I had a bit left over the other day after work...did not interfere with my sleeping...which was great.

I do have coffee in the morning first thing...but no longer need another cup when I get to work. Yippee!

Whatever works!

I have a busy day here. But my plan so far:
    S: string cheese
    L: refried beans, chicken breast, salsa
    S: nuts
    D: lentil and kale soup
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Menu:

B: chicken breast, celery, wholly guaca mini, V8
    L: taco salad
    S: yogurt, nuts, sf syrup
    D: salmon and sugar snap peas

• MichelleSawatzky
    MichelleSawatzky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just read through all your posts - you are both doing great!! I started back on Phase 1 last Monday, 2/9 and I'm feeling AWESOME! I've never heard of zipfizz!!?? I'm hoping my local store carries it because I'm missing smoothies! Thanks for all your menu/food ideas!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Hi there...I was just coming in to let Sabine know that I had the fruit punch zip fizz in my green smoothie today...excellent. Nice to see you here Michelle.

I would google zip fizz and see where they sell it in your area. I found it at Costco. They also sell it on Amazon...check prices though. They are tubes of powder...I was looking for bottle of stuff when I went on my hunt for it. Mine came in a box of thirty tubes...grape, fruit punch and orange soda.

Love having you along.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Sabine is the SB guru...direct all questions to her...I am just a student...even though my first go at SB was in June 2008. Very successful...but some of the weight found its way back on my dear ol body. Trying to get back to those glory days and then back to my goal which is thirteen pounds more. That may not be possible...but I will not know unless I try.
  • MichelleSawatzky
    MichelleSawatzky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks magic71755 - I live in a very small town about 1 hour away from any big box stores so I probably will just order some online. I lost 65 pounds on SB in 2004, but of course have gained some of it back the couple of years. Thanks again for the support!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi Michelle. I get mine from amazon. It's great stuff!
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options

I second that. I loved the fruit punch today...gave me just the ZIPP I needed to get me through the night shift. Very happy to have found the stuff...would have missed my green smoothies too much during Phase 1. Been having them close to five years.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I second that. I loved the fruit punch today...gave me just the ZIPP I needed to get me through the night shift. Very happy to have found the stuff...would have missed my green smoothies too much during Phase 1. Been having them close to five years.

Wow! That's an impressively long time.
  • magic71755
    Options
    I need to get to the store this morning...Sprouts opens at 7...then Costco at 10...will be back with menu later.

Feeling stronger each day. Totally in the SB phase one groove.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I need to get to the store this morning...Sprouts opens at 7...then Costco at 10...will be back with menu later.

Feeling stronger each day. Totally in the SB phase one groove.

Great! We had an impromptu dinner out last night. I had a chicken caesar salad (hold the crutons), and wine.

Today's plan:
    green smoothie
    string cheese
    lentil/kale soup
    snap peas
    dinner is a working dinner, I'm going to check the menu before we go.