At sprouts. Ranright into him parts and Chia seed wondering what to get
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Hemp hearts and chia seeds. Siri screwed up
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    hemp hearts have more protein and fat. They fill up a smoothie nicely.
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Did go with the hemp hearts...green smoothie later this morning...looking forward to it. Thanks for getting back to me. The young man at Sprouts was super...we tasted the stuff together...I let the manager know how great he was to help me...he is now getting a free lunch today...nice morning.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's menu:

B: three eggs scramble, one yolk, v8
    S: green smoothhie
    L: salmon and asparagus
    S: yogurt nuts sf maple syrup
    D: roasted chicken, eggplant with freshly grated parm/reg
    D: HC fudge bar

Extras...olives, string cheese
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Menu tweak:
    B: smoothie
    S: string cheese
    L: chef salad with chicken, no creations
    D: something at the restaurant
    S: wine
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Menu tweak:

In the end, dinner out was a spicy chicken soup. No noodles. I believe it was SB friendly.

Tomorrow is my trip. Thursday-Sunday. I'm going to try my level best and am hoping for the best, but I'm at a board meeting with food being catered in. In my head, I'm keeping going, but in my head I also know I'm going to do a full week two once I return. So I'll do 2.5 weeks total.

Cheers!
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Menu tweak:

In the end, dinner out was a spicy chicken soup. No noodles. I believe it was SB friendly.

Tomorrow is my trip. Thursday-Sunday. I'm going to try my level best and am hoping for the best, but I'm at a board meeting with food being catered in. In my head, I'm keeping going, but in my head I also know I'm going to do a full week two once I return. So I'll do 2.5 weeks total.

Cheers!

Safe travels, kiddo. It will be 2.5 weeks for me too...but no "board meeting." I just needed a four day head start to get my head right and properly stock my fridge. Tomorrow is day five. March 1st...phase 2.

I especially like the hemp in the smoothie...much more to it...thanks for THAT tip. You are full of em. (*)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Menu tweak:

Cheers!

Safe travels, kiddo. It will be 2.5 weeks for me too...but no "board meeting." I just needed a four day head start to get my head right and properly stock my fridge. Tomorrow is day five. March 1st...phase 2.

I especially like the hemp in the smoothie...much more to it...thanks for THAT tip. You are full of em. (*)
    Yes! I'm not a big fan of protein powders, but had heard that hemp was a good protein/fat combo. So I bought a single serve bag. Loved it immediately and have been using it since.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning everyone...working on my menu:

B: eggs, v8
    S: green smoothie
    L: roasted turkey, olives, celery, beans and 1T Newman's light Italian
    S: % Fage, almonds, sf maple syrup
    D: roasted chicken, salad greens, 1T Newman's light Italian
  • magic71755
    Options
    prepping my lunch right now for work...eat late breakfast, lunch and dinner on tues and thurs...I must say, I am so excited to eat it..mostly all whole foods (cept for the zipfizz...but no waycould I have a green smoothie without something in there, sweet). I love that feeling...the scale has moved a bit during this first week...but most of all, the sugar cravings are gone. Oh don't get me wrong...I love my two sweets...fage with sf syrup and HC fudge bar.
  • MichelleSawatzky
    MichelleSawatzky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in for a while - you guys are doing great! I ate an apple the other day (just needed fruit!!) and the hubby made an awesome vegie lo mein the other night because he though I was done with Phase 1...but those are my only slips and I'm feeling amazing!!! My food diary is open, so if you want to sneak a peek and give me advise/ideas please feel free!! I'm going to order some zip fizz today from Amazon - thanks! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    @Michelle I love your avatar!
  • MichelleSawatzky
    MichelleSawatzky Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Thanks!! I ran my first 10K last April and my plan is to run that same race this April - so it helps keep me motivated! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Thanks!! I ran my first 10K last April and my plan is to run that same race this April - so it helps keep me motivated! :smile:
    Nice! I do 5k most 3 times a week, and sometimes a 10 on the weekend. I enjoy it.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Holy cow this board meeting is going to be a challenge. For the sake of not starving, I may have to eat an apple. We'll see.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Well, if you have to ...you have to. Shoot, today was the first day I was really thinking about fruit. I am not sure I can make it to March 1.

Today's Menu:

B: eggs v8
    S: green smoothie
    L: veggie burger, sugar snap peas, celery, light baby bel
    S: yogurt, almonds, sf maple syrup, Teavana
    D: salmon, asparagus
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I know, right? And seriously, if fruit is my "vice" lol.
    In the end I found another stash of "snacks" at this board meeting: nuts! And I found a little market in the hotel, so I'll buy some string cheese. Dinner out tonight was vietnamese. I had a shrimp dish, minus the rice. I won't LOSE on this trip, but again, that's I'm I'm planning the extra few days. What kind of veggie burger did you end up with?
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I debated yesterday...cuz there is some grain in there and carrots...but in the end, went with it. Needed something fast for my late nights coming home during the week...and this is so easy. I had three left in the freezer but Costco had them on sale...so I bought another box...Don Lee Farms Organic Superfoods Veggie Patty. Pretty tasty. You can actually see the ingredients in the patty.

I did not give in to any fruit. How did you do yesterday?
  • magic71755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is kinda fun: You know how they have the micro nutrients...well, I have one tab as sugar...and while MFP does not take into account naturally occurring sugar in milk and tomato (yes, we know...tomato is actually a fruit) and anything actually...I love seeing how low that number is at the end of the day.

My number has never been that low before and my body likes it.

I have 8 more days...before P2. Looking forward to strawberries.