Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options
167891012»

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Marie - yes, our street here in Worcester, Mass. looks like a toboggan run. We have over 100 inches of snow so far this winter... and I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it. Most people are pretty sick of it, however, so I am in the minority.

I just remember all too well how hot, humid and miserable it can be here in the summer. You can always put more clothes on, but there is a limit to how much you can remove... so I say zero to 10 above is refreshing!
    ~ Kathy

P.S. Just watching the 11 p.m. news and they showed an overhead shot of Fenway Park --- filled with about 7 feet of snow. It looks like a sugar-bowl! LOL
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    bvifun I see that you suggested this thread be broken into monthly threads and I agree. It has gotten way too unwieldy. I will try to remember to start a new one on March 1st!!!

I am grateful today that I am posting. I notice that as I am getting ready to focus on fitness one of my first steps is to start checking in daily. As someone told me years ago, and I have always used as one mantra "What you focus on expands"

On that note, I do love my kindle - for the cost savings and the convenience, but I also am finding that its helpful for me to have a couple of paper magazines as well. I keep yoga journal beside the bed and Prevention beside my chair in the livingroom (ok between my recliner on the end of the couch and dh's recliner - hoping he will read it and pointing out articles to him!!!! -once again, what you focus on expands lol)
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for two days off to relax and get caught up on sleep.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Grateful to have the snow stop and the sun is trying to peek out from behind the remaining clouds. I think the roads will be clear enough to go to my Silver Sneakers class today as well. I was sure grateful yesterday I had a stack of dvds that got me to my daily goal of 10K+ steps. Fitbit died on Saturday so I have no idea if I made it that day or not, but all is well, it just lost its charge. My weekly fitbit report says I averaged over 12.2K steps per day for the past 7 days and Saturday was included, so I think I have done the needful. o:)
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Grateful to be on my way for lunch and a bit of shopping with a now good friend that I originally met through the MFP web site. Ain't technology wonderful?!?
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am very grateful folr my family, my home, having a job ( despite the fact it is getting too physically challenging for me ). My Health, which I am going to continue to work on.
    Also for the 21 day fix/challenge I started today! I can see where the portions really help with cutting down on my carb/fat/sugar consumption!
    And all of you ladies, you are all very helpful and supportive. <3
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for the laugh our little dog gave. The snow is melting off the roof, and he stepped out, then ran back in because he thought it was raining. He hates rain.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    sharon I don't blame him! It's a known fact that little dogs melt in the rain! It has to be so because every little dog I have ever had has known about it! lol I love your pic of your dog. My little dog died last fathers day and I was supposed to be getting a puppy from a friend of mine who breeds my particular breed. I am watching that puppy grow up online now and it breaks my heart because I cannot have him. But the allergist said no puppies for at least one year!!! So I told my friend that I am so jealous I am going to start doing some paintings of Brussels Griffons!! We will see if that helps ease my angst!

So thankful this morning that my house if FINALLY starting to come together in the way that I want. LOVE this house and the fact that I am soon going to have the time to focus on the things I want to do.

Also amazingly grateful for the fact that now that the prednisone is gone I am easing back into exercise and doing well with it. I have started doing interval training on the exercise bike and waiting to see if those exercise "bursts" really are more effective than straight exercise!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful the scale has moved downward for two days in a row to new lows, doing the Happy Dance over here about that one! And the sun is back and it will get into the 40's today, so I can walk comfortably outside today. Yesterday it was in lower 20's but the sun popped out for a little over an hour so Hubby and I went for a quick brisk one mile walk outside. 40's is going to feel so much better B)
  • mxchana
    Options
    So grateful this morning for enthusiastic piano students. I had a lesson last night with a 13-year-old young lady who had some new music arrive. She's been very excited when I've given her music by Adele and music from Frozen, but this delivery was especially sweet for me.

When I gave her the new score to the Mozart Sonata in A (the one in which the famous Rondo alla Turca occurs) - she was so excited, you would have thought I was handing her gold!

They are, of course, not all that enthusiastic about classical music but --- I am very grateful for those that are! ~ Kathy
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @Dreamon145 I'll keep fingers crossed you can have a new dog in the future. Sounds like you've got yourself settled. Also celebrating the end of cortisone as of today. So glad it was available, and just KNOW it will have worked. I'm grateful for a dear husband who ran to the store late at night to find things to help with nutrition last week and glad I have the brains to avoid that trigger again.
    @mxchana Kathy, don't you wish there were a modern star, who like Barry Manilow, could introduce the kids to the marvelous "classical" melodies?
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful to my husband, Ron, who is supportive (sometimes too much), encouraging and fun.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Today I am so grateful to my scale for going down to a new low again today, that is three days running I have been moving downwards.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, healthy, and active day.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful I can shovel snow, with 7.5 ins in last 24 hrs. and it is currently still snowing, I won't be getting on the road to go the rec center today. Luckily I have a workouts channel on youtube and my dvds along with the shoveling to get me to my 10K steps.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Today I am so grateful to my scale for going down to a new low again today, that is three days running I have been moving downwards.

Wow retirehappy, that is fantastic! :)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    The snow stopped just in time for me to make it to rec center, could only do one class, a new one for me Body Flex, I <3 it. But still needing some stepping, so I am going to stop reading on MFP and get with it.

Hope everyone is doing well and making good choices today.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    The last day of February!! The year is just flying by. I am so thankful that I decided to come back to MFP and to all of you! <3
  • mxchana
    Options
    I am grateful for all the fun I had in February - and how much I have enjoyed this winter, tons of snow and all! All because I can be more active. Grateful to have a beautiful day here today to get out skiing this afternoon - mid-20's, sunny sky, no wind - perfect! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Kathy, I have had a lovely Feb. as well, between Florida sunshine and ocean breezes and all the snow here at home, it has been fabulous really. We have just bundled up and gone outside to walk during the snow period lulls, the sun comes out and it is cold but sunny with blue skies, what more could you ask for?
  • retirehappy
    edited March 2015
    Options