FEBRUARY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    spikesmom wrote: »
    thank you all for your well wishes. ive had six reconstructive sutgeries and faced another one yesterday that was cancelled due to my wound improving enough to avoid debridement and muscle graph! yay!
    i had a dislocated right shoulder with torn rotator cuff and torn deltoid, complete break of my right humerus, and radial nerve damage causing paralysis of my right hand. i have a torn tendon on my right ring finger.
    my left femur head broke off and the lower end of the femur broke aand came through my thigh. my left knee broke in several pieces. my right knee is shattered and the tissue is suffering crush injuries, creating a wound issue. then my right foot is shattered and my right heal is broken. the other broken bones dont need surgery since they will heal while im bed ridden for three months. but I'm here, healing, and alive! I am now referred to as the bionic woman :wink:

OMG!! That is horrible & I feel for you & how things are & will be soooo frustrating for you. I have said prayers for fast & complete healing along with strength & patience. You are VERY lucky!!!

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in 16 miles on the ex bike today.

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    2/24- 6.3 miles running

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,373 Member
    Options
    spikesmom wrote: »
    thank you all for your well wishes. ive had six reconstructive sutgeries and faced another one yesterday that was cancelled due to my wound improving enough to avoid debridement and muscle graph! yay!
    i had a dislocated right shoulder with torn rotator cuff and torn deltoid, complete break of my right humerus, and radial nerve damage causing paralysis of my right hand. i have a torn tendon on my right ring finger.
    my left femur head broke off and the lower end of the femur broke aand came through my thigh. my left knee broke in several pieces. my right knee is shattered and the tissue is suffering crush injuries, creating a wound issue. then my right foot is shattered and my right heal is broken. the other broken bones dont need surgery since they will heal while im bed ridden for three months. but I'm here, healing, and alive! I am now referred to as the bionic woman :wink:

Oh My....Spikesmon. This is just unbelievable. I just can not imagine what you have been through and what you will continue to go through. My prayers are with you if you don't mind me adding you to my prayer list. You surely must be bionic.
  • clepant
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Saturday, I ran 10 miles for the first time ever! Sunday, I finished up week 13 of 20 for my half marathon training plan. So, adding 13.56 miles for my weekend.

GOAL!!!

Awesome job. I did my first 10 miler last November and the weather has been so bad here that I am behind on training for my half in May. I should be on mile 9 by now but am just hitting 8. Hopefully I can pull it out in March and April.
    v63k053hapvj.gif

My half is April 11. Although our weather has been spotty, winter hasn't been nearly as bad as was predicted. I've only had to retreat to the gym track for a couple of weeks worth of runs. You've got plenty of time to get there by May!

I sure hope so. I am coming off a year of healing from a badly torn lateral meniscus that one of students did to me after running into me full force in my gym. It has been a long and slow recovery. Good luck with your half in April. Keep us posted on how you do.
  • clepant
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another sub zero day in PA. No treadmills opened in the gym tonight so I put the metal to pedal and road for an hour.
    Feb. 24: 18.02 m iles cycling for one hour and walking 5 miles at work today. I need to get out and run so badly. :s
    TTD: 245.54 Miles

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Adding a few more miles to my total for the month.

exercise.png
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just created my ticker now, and got way behind on posting
    1-Feb 5
    2-Feb 5
    3-Feb 2
    4-Feb 2
    5-Feb 2
    6-Feb 2
    7-Feb 2
    8-Feb 2
    9-Feb 2
    10-Feb 8
    11-Feb 2
    12-Feb 2
    13-Feb 2
    14-Feb 2
    15-Feb 2
    16-Feb 12
    17-Feb 11
    18-Feb 10
    19-Feb 2
    20-Feb 7
    21-Feb 12
    22-Feb 2
    23-Feb 8
    24-Feb 11

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 6 miles

exercise.png

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    20.8 miles added on the bike today. NO HIP PAIN!!!! :grinning: No pain meds. A tiny bit of soreness tonight, but that could also be from having my first really good workout in about 10 days. WOOT!

MTD: 145.3

Unfortunately, while I think I'll get close, I don't think I'll be making goal this month.
  • hkristine1
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

SPIKESMOM - OH MY GOODNESS. I've been away for a few days (vacation and just generally super busy) and so I missed what must have happened (car / bike or some kind of horrendous accident). So glad you are alive! Holy smokes - what an ordeal you're going through. Stay strong, and even if you are bed-ridden, stay here with us, as you're able. Let us be an encouragement to you, that with perseverance, you will get moving again!!
  • hkristine1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    [deleted post] - I can't figure out how to delete the entire post... :expressionless:
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Got in today's 5! 5 a day the next 4 days and I'll make it :D

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.14 miles

exercise.png
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    As of February 24, I have walked 165 miles.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just enough time for a quick post this morning. I'll catch up tonight. ( I hope)

Added 1.5 miles Monday and 5 miles Tuesday. February total 63.5 miles

IxVpm6.png
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Adding 1 mile warm-up before strength training today. Of course I come down with the flu the last week of the month-couldn't get my miles in since Sunday, and probably should not have gone to strength this morning, it felt terrible, but I'm stubborn. Probably won't make goal, but at least with todays 1 mile on the treadmill, I have passed the 25 mile mark!! 25 was my goal for soooo long and I never could hit it, I'm gonna chalk this one up in the win column!!

exercise.png
  • Ejf7000
    Ejf7000 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    MTD 95.9
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    February Goal: 112 miles
    Yearly Goal: 113/1500 miles

February 1 - 3 miles
    February 2 - 4 miles
    February 3 - 5 miles
    February 4 - 6 miles
    February 5 - 4 miles
    February 6 - 4 miles
    February 7 - 5 miles
    February 8 - 3 miles
    February 9 - 3 miles
    February 10 - 5 miles
    February 11 - 6 miles
    February 12 - 3 miles
    February 13 - 5 miles
    February 14 - 3 miles
    February 15 - 2 miles
    February 16 - 5 miles
    February 17 - 4 miles
    February 18 - 4 miles
    February 19 - 4.5 miles
    February 20 - 5 miles
    February 21 - 4 miles
    February 22 - 4 miles
    February 23 - 3.5 miles
    February 24 - 4 miles

99/112
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    5 miles of mostly (long, slow, cold) hill repeats plus warm up and cool down walk for 5.63 miles.

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.