Blue Team
Phoebelayla- Team Leader
Astraea
BuddhaMom
Carlsoda
Christine
Coopscoopc
Dilly

Please complete the following so that we can get to know each other :-)
Name-
Short and long term goals.-
What do you struggle with?-
Anything else we should know to help you? -

Let's go Blue Team!!!!! Just imagine how awesome we are going to look and feel at the end of this challenge.

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Name- Amy... but I respond just fine to my cat's name, Phoebe. Never expected my screen name to be public when I initially joined. LOL.

Short and long term goals- To lose 8-10 pounds more and then to keep it off. Forever!

What do you struggle with?- Going up and down the same 10 pounds or so over and over. Lost about 30 more pounds several years back and that much has stayed off, but not the last 10. It is like I get near the end and just go off the rails and start eating a bunch of junk until I get tired of myself. Then, start over. Sigh.
    Eating out can be an issue. If I plan ahead on the weekend, that is fine. It is those tired impulsive work nights that can add up. Planning no eating out during the week this week.

Anything else we should know to help you? - I love to work out. Running is my passion, but have not been able to for a while due to a hamstring injury. I am post surgery x 2, but it hasn't helped. So, I have been biking which my hammy does ok with. I like to strength train. Still adjusting to not getting that great calorie burn that running gave me.

Right now, I am in a positive place and ready to rock this challenge! Have my food all packed for work tomorrow and I am ready to make a dent in my weight this week. Looking forward to hearing from you all! :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Name- call me Carl :)

Short and long term goals.- Short term goal I want to lose 5 lbs a month. Long term I need to lose 22 lbs to get back to my goal weight

What do you struggle with?- Staying consistent with my eating (I give in way to easy when I'm stressed out) and not getting enough real exercise these days. Spring is coming which will help!!

Anything else we should know to help you? - Almost two years ago I hurt my back which has resulted in a complete change with my exercise routine. I used to run and lift weights. Now I can't run but I can still bike and walk. I am limited on how I lift weights, I need to be on a bench now to support my lower back.

Go team Blue!!!!
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Name- Sara but I answer to my Astraea also.

Short and long term goals- Short term is to see 160's and no longer be obese on the bmi chart! Long term would be get to ideal weight loss in the 120's

What do you struggle with?- I like to eat. I was very active when I was younger and never worried about what I ate. I struggle with logging my food but see how it helps to keep the calorie count under control

I injured my shoulder last year and have been dealing with frozen shoulder the pain is not as bad as it was but still don't have full motion so I need to modify some of the exercises. I feel like I turned 50 and falling apart!

Anything else we should know to help you? - I want to work out smart and no more injuries! I would like to do a 5K this year even if it is walking.

Right now my mouth is healing and I think I have a dry socket so will try to get into the oral surgeon this week so may need to hold off on the exercise til my mouth heals.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Name- My name is Christine.

Short and long term goals.- My short term goal is to lose my first 10% (beginning weight in Weight Watchers Feb 10 which is 16.86 lbs). My long term goal is to get down to my weight watchers lifetime weight which was currently adjusted to 145 lbs due to my age. (2012 i reached my lifetime weight of 140 lbs)

What do you struggle with?- I struggle with my metabolism which is a lot slower since I turned 50. Also my menstrual cycle is very strong possibly the last phase before menopause. An example is today... 2nd day of the month - weighed in and gained. :s To be honest I expected that since this scenario has NEVER failed to disappointment.

Anything else we should know to help you? I am on an emotional roller coaster ride since 120 of our office mates including my husband is losing their jobs by 2015. So the work atmosphere isn't good. So hang on with me as I get through this year.

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hello Blue Team!!

Happy Losing to you all.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Hello Team Blue! Together we succeed. :)

Carl and Sara, these aging injuries are quite frustrating. Looks like we are all trying to be creative and work around our injuries. So, yah us!

Sara, I hope you get your mouth checked out soon. That doesn't sound so good. Focus on eating well and logging it all if you need to back off on the exercise for now. I agree, logging can be a pain, but it makes me accountable. Here is some honesty- If I don't finish logging for the day, that pretty much means that I ate too much and I don't want to face it. I am doing the UAC challenge this month- log everything you eat and stay in calorie range every day. I have done several times before and I am going to give it my all this month.

Christine- You are dealing with a lot right now. I really hope that you stick with your weight watchers! We are all here to cheer you on.

We need a motto..... The Bold and Buff Blue Team... um, Brilliant and Beautiful Blue Babes...Berserk Blue Beasts???

Amy
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I like Bold and Buff - it will help motivate us through our aged injuries! :#

Yesterday was a good day - ate within my calories, got in a 40 minute walk and 20 minutes yoga! :)

Scale has not budged yet in a while, but I am doing everything right so I expect to see some sort of loss soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

• Astraea05
    Options
    Got in to the oral surgeon and he said everything looks find just will take a while to heal. I had a root canal when I was going to college from a new dentist who I think was trying to pay off his student loans. To top it all off the crown he put on my tooth had a gap that I have been meticulously cleaning for 30+ years. I actually found out I was brushing my teeth too hard and too often causing more issues. Very embarrassing for me to need a tooth pulled but apparently the root cracked after all those years (which tends to happen) and was infected and I had no other options. Not sure why teeth things are so traumatic for me!
    Moving forward.. I did get in 30 min exercise with Leslie Sansone. Thank goodness for her videos. Never been much of doing exercise videos but there are really no excuses for me not to do hers. They are not complicating and about the only videos I could do with just a little modification for my frozen shoulder.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    oh my goodness Astraea! So sorry about your tooth! Yeah I had one that cracked and they tried to do a crown on it except it was cracked all the way down into the root so they had to pull it. I'm saving up for a bridge now since it's like $1,500 WITH insurance! I have another tooth that is chipped that needs to be fixed at some point in time as well but one step at a time. Stupid teeth :)

I also walk with Leslie since I can modify because of my back. We are so much alike :)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Hello! Glad to hear that you don't have a dry socket Sara. You have had enough dental issues to last a lifetime. Carl- nice to hear you had a good day yesterday! That scale will show it soon. It isfrustrating when the scale does not reflect the work you have done, but it will!!. I have done well this week. Got another cold at the end of last week and so my exercise is not too intense right now, but at least I am eating well, so it will be ok.

Apparently, I need to check out this Leslie Sansone....
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Leslie Sansone can be annoying (she talks and talks and talks and talks) but I have a DVD where I can choose music only which I do! It's perfect for those days when you get home and too scared to go out again because it's so cold!! :)

Today I'm mixing it up for breakfast. I usually eat an egg but today I'm having chocolate chip oatmeal - it's 6 points and it is very yummy! It will be interesting to see when I start getting hungry again!

Have a good day everyone!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    I have a meeting today where there will be breakfast and lunch. I am going to eat my oatmeal before I go and I packed my protein shake for snack and salad and protein for lunch. I may be the strange one today, but I am on track and don't want the lunch there to throw me off.

Let's Go Blue Team!!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    I ran across an article on sticking to your weight loss resolutions and thought I would share some of the key points here. Not new info, but it is always good to stop and think.

1. Make a Plan. "We tend to think that good intentions are enough....People with plans stick to their goals way more often than those who wing it. " Got a birthday party, a traveling weekend, long work day? Plan ahead on what you are going to eat and when you are going to exercise.

2. Don't Have a Back-up Plan. "Researchers suspect that having backup goals may make failure feel somehow more acceptable."

3. Chop It Up. "You know how good it feels to tick off an item from your to-do list. Put that to work by making a massive goal into smaller parts."

4. Conserve Your Willpower. "Think of willpower as your greatest natural resource, but know that it's also a finite one.... Every time you engage your willpower for one task- saying no to a glass of wine, passing up the free cookies at work- you have less to resist other temptations. Since willpower is the secret ingredient to meeting your goals, use it wisely."

I have been thinking about that will power info. I have heard this before but am thinking about it differently. I tend to do really well (as in follow my plan exactly) for weeks or months. Then, I go completely off plan. Maybe I am using up all my willpower, and then have nothing left. I guess that is another way to say, everything in moderation. That has never been my strong suit. I am always all in!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Leslie Sansone can be annoying (she talks and talks and talks and talks) but I have a DVD where I can choose music only which I do! It's perfect for those days when you get home and too scared to go out again because it's so cold!! :)

Today I'm mixing it up for breakfast. I usually eat an egg but today I'm having chocolate chip oatmeal - it's 6 points and it is very yummy! It will be interesting to see when I start getting hungry again!

Have a good day everyone!!

I agree we are def a lot alike! Leslie Sansone does get annoying sometimes lol! Yes and she is perfect when you can't get outside but you don't want that to be your only exercise!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Amy if you want to try Leslie Sansone before going a buying a DVD you can find quite a few on youtube.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    There is a little gym where I work a seasonal job and I went in yesterday and got on a treadmill for 20 min then an elliptical for 15 min. I played sports when I was in HS but never joined a gym in my life and walking on the treadmill was a bit strange for me. Seemed a little harder on my knees than regular walking. Sure don't want to mess up my knees! My son told me about the Pacer app it is like a pedometer and it is fun to see if I can get 10,000 steps in. Wed I got over 10,000 but yesterday only about 5,000! Going to shoot fort 10,00 today!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Please complete the following so that we can get to know each other :-)

Name- Melissa

Short and long term goals.- Short term - would like to be out of the obese category Long Term - would like to drop a total of 45 to be at my ideal weight.

What do you struggle with?- Losing weight. I have been stuck right around 170 for about 2 years now. I go up, down, up, down, but never below 167. *sigh* I need to get to bed early and wake up earlier. I need to make time for working out and most important, stick to eating healthy for the long term

Anything else we should know to help you? - I have a "tangled" or strained pereformus muscle that limits my choice of workouts. Not sure if it will ever heal, but right now I can cycle... so I decided to learn to spin and in my first 4 weeks I have made tremendous strides in my form and endurance and I actually enjoy doing this crazy stuff!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Ok, I checked out Leslie Sansone. I see that she does at home walking. Interesting. Unfortunately, no exercise walking for me. Anything beyond regular walking speed and stride length causes significant pain in my hamstring attachment. I am trying to be good for now and not do any speed walking, much less running. Though, one of these days I may just give in and go run. All of the procedures and time off aren't working anyway!

Sara- I have been a gym rat forever. So glad you tried it out. I love mixing up all of the things there (and spin is an awesome workout Melissa!). I think you are right about the treadmill being a little harder on the joints. When I was walking and running, I used the fitbit that tracked my steps. I thought it was really fun and motivating to track, right? You can totally get 10,000 today!

Welcome Melissa!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Announcement: Please remember to add in your first week weigh-in by Sunday at midnight.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I have a meeting today where there will be breakfast and lunch. I am going to eat my oatmeal before I go and I packed my protein shake for snack and salad and protein for lunch. I may be the strange one today, but I am on track and don't want the lunch there to throw me off.

Let's Go Blue Team!!!

Great Job Amy for planing ahead and not letting your meeting derail your goals!