Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well, I graduated in November (last year) and even started to bridge to 10k and really enjoyed it. Well, maybe not enough to continue running through piles of snow and at -20s. So I completely gave up running for three months. But spring is here and I am back :) Starting today with c25k again!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Well, I graduated in November (last year) and even started to bridge to 10k and really enjoyed it. Well, maybe not enough to continue running through piles of snow and at -20s. So I completely gave up running for three months. But spring is here and I am back :) Starting today with c25k again!
    Did W1D1 - it was fun! :)
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just finished W1D3 today, and am looking if forward to the progression over the next few weeks. I used to be a serious runner... Never very fast, but I loved it. After a few years of injuries, I took some time away from the sport, and managed to gain about 40 pounds. I've been back on mfp for almost two months now, and have been slowly building up activity levels. Glad to have found this group...and always happy to add new friends. Feel free to add me if you need a cheering section!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    W8D1 last night. Bumped my speed too from 4.0 to 4.2!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Did W1D1 - it was fun! :)

W1D2 is done!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    joannezuk wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I just finished W1D3 today, and am looking if forward to the progression over the next few weeks. I used to be a serious runner... Never very fast, but I loved it. After a few years of injuries, I took some time away from the sport, and managed to gain about 40 pounds. I've been back on mfp for almost two months now, and have been slowly building up activity levels. Glad to have found this group...and always happy to add new friends. Feel free to add me if you need a cheering section!
    Great! I was never a serious runner, but I did my 5ks and took my time away too. Gained about 20 lbs and ready to loose them this spring!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • ash6151
    ash6151 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    W5D2 completed this morning!
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did week 7 day 1 yesterday! I'm so close to being done, so excited!!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    W8D2 tonight and I can hardly wait! (How weird is that? I'm looking forward to running!)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Started over after not running sometime started on W2D1 and didn't feel too bad afterwards.
  • joannezuk
    Options
    W2D1 tonight. It felt great - 3.5 for the walks and 5.0 for the runs. I liked the pace, it felt comfortable. But my knee was pretty tight throughout. I spent some serious time with the foam roller after, and will ice it now. Hopefully it feels good tomorrow. Great job everyone! Glad to see you're all making good progress.
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    W7D2 done!!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Jumped to W3D1
  • Aine8046
    Options
    KrisPage wrote: »
    Jumped to W3D1

I skipped a day too. Did W2D1 today :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    joannezuk wrote: »
    W2D1 tonight. It felt great - 3.5 for the walks and 5.0 for the runs. I liked the pace, it felt comfortable. But my knee was pretty tight throughout. I spent some serious time with the foam roller after, and will ice it now. Hopefully it feels good tomorrow. Great job everyone! Glad to see you're all making good progress.

I am right behind you! I signed up for 5k on May 16th. Plenty of time :)
  • MissKissKins
    MissKissKins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and seeing how encouraging you all are I thought I'd join in on this thread!
    I've been having problems breathing lately. Think I may have exercise induced asthma judging by the symptoms every time I run. I have a nearly empty inhaler from last year (still in date) so I decided to do a little test and use it. It worked! loosened my chest up! So after researching exercise induced asthma it said to breathe in through your nose to filter all the pollutants out the air. So.... after being very scared to jump up to week 4 thinking I couldn't do it I did my second week 4 run yesterday, breathed IN through my nose and I DID IT!!!! No tight chest, no wheezing or coughing... For the first time I felt like I could have carried on!!!!
    I'm getting quite excited now!!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    Rest day today keep up the good work
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will do Week 3 Day 1.
  • joannezuk
    Options
    Good call Misskk! Breathing makes a huge difference in running. I changed my breathing pattern last year after doing some reading...in for three steps through the nose then out for 2 steps through the mouth. It's tough at first but made a difference in my endurance.

On a side note, I did w2d2 today, and despite a killer head cold, felt great doing it.