Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Woke up feeling much better this morning, W3D1 is on for tonight!
    That's good to hear, it's never fun to be ill.
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did it! W5D3...21 min straight!!!! I couldn't do 30 sec when I started this program! I ran home during my cool down....feel like a freakin rock star!!! Thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement!!!!!!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I did it! W5D3...21 min straight!!!! I couldn't do 30 sec when I started this program! I ran home during my cool down....feel like a freakin rock star!!! Thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement!!!!!!
    See, I knew you could do it :D Well done, it's fantastic! "Feel like a freakin rock star" is how you should be feeling!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    See, I knew you could do it :D Well done, it's fantastic! "Feel like a freakin rock star" is how you should be feeling!

• kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D2 this morning. Really enjoying starting my day with a run. (NEVER thought I'd say that!) Well done to everyone else. It's nice to be a part of a supportive community!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Loving all these fabulous updates! Keep up the good work everyone!

rockon_zpsa95cbcbf.gif
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D1 of 5k Runner today!!!! I thought I'd lose my mind two days ago when I had to run in 5 minute segments, but I BLEW through today's run :). I even had energy left for a beginner body weight strength training routine!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    HELP!! For my C25K training I downloaded RunDouble. I attempted to do W3D1 today only to discover that I only get the first two weeks the rest are locked! Where is a free program that gives me all weeks free?
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    HELP!! For my C25K training I downloaded RunDouble. I attempted to do W3D1 today only to discover that I only get the first two weeks the rest are locked! Where is a free program that gives me all weeks free?

C25K free by zen labs is the one I used.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I'm using this one. Laura has some good commentary, at the right time for me personally, and she also starts and ends the weeks/days with some nice stuff about running.

It's also good because I use both the podcast and my Runtastic Pro app simultaneously.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

C25K free by zen labs is the one I used.
    [/quote

I went ahead and deleted what I had downloaded first and downloaded that one. On to week 3 on Saturday!
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Finished W4D3 today - My legs from the knee felt TERRIBLE! It was like someone was squeezing them. Do Not Like!

Question: I'm doing Zen Labs on my Android. I know I do not run 1/2 mile in 5 minutes - I only get a lap and a half. Is that really realistic to go 1/4 mile in 3 minutes to 1/2 mile in 5? I didn't get a degree in Math, but shouldn't it be 6 minutes for 1/2 mile?
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Finished W4D3 today - My legs from the knee felt TERRIBLE! It was like someone was squeezing them. Do Not Like!

Question: I'm doing Zen Labs on my Android. I know I do not run 1/2 mile in 5 minutes - I only get a lap and a half. Is that really realistic to go 1/4 mile in 3 minutes to 1/2 mile in 5? I didn't get a degree in Math, but shouldn't it be 6 minutes for 1/2 mile?
    I do the time- rather than distance-based version so I can't comment. I could probably calculate something, but too tired still, sorry. Don't worry about speed at this time, just increase your distance. Go slower if you're hurting someplace and stop if it keeps hurting after having slowed down. Nothing should hurt apart from a bit of muscle soreness afterwards.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    W8D3 done. On to 30 minutes!
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So, I decided to keep working the weeks even though I did run over the 30 minutes on W5D3....see how it goes...I have my first 5K on Sunday and I AM going to TRY to make it through the whole thing running though.

Anyhow...W6D1 yesterday, in what started out as a little drizzle and ended up being a downpour...smoked it :smokin:

Feelin' damn good about myself, got to tell ya :tongue:
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So, I decided to keep working the weeks even though I did run over the 30 minutes on W5D3....see how it goes...I have my first 5K on Sunday and I AM going to TRY to make it through the whole thing running though.

Anyhow...W6D1 yesterday, in what started out as a little drizzle and ended up being a downpour...smoked it :smokin:

That sounds great :smile:

I did W5D2 yesterday, so tomorrow will be W5D3. I'm not thrilled about the prospect, but there's only one way to find out whether I can do it...
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

That's great! I've decided to keep doing longer runs instead of the intervals, so I guess I'm done with the program. Today I did 30 min (3.5k). I kept looking at the time for the last 4 minutes so I might cut back to 25 min next time. My right hip was not happy with the last few minutes, but cardio-wise I could have keot going.
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done. On to 30 minutes!

AglaeaC - this means you're past the week where you injured yourself last time - that must be a load off your mind. Congratulations on getting further!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Tonight I kicked Week 6, Day 3's butt.
    Ran the 22 minutes, ran through the 5 minute cool down, ran an extra 3 minutes to bring it to an even half an hour of running. Felt so darn good I would have kept right on running but I promised my hubby I'd be back home in time to watch a movie with him.

I'm going to keep doing the program in hopes that it will help increase my speed. I did 4.2k in 30 minutes, so I'm thinking my 5k would end up around 35 minutes. What's the average time for a 5k?

I'm doing the Color Me Rad 5k tomorrow and I'm 100% confident I could run the whole thing right now, but it isn't that type of run.