Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    I got up early. It was 28 degrees out. I didn't have time to run.

I RAN.

2 miles straight. In a row. All at once.

I got to see the sun shine on my face for the 1.5 minutes it was peeking between the clouds. Life is good.

Awesome!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Yiha! W4D1 done! I did 3 intervals (minute the last 2.5 minutes walking) and managed a new distance record with 4.6km. I find it unbelievable that I can actually run for 5 minutes.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    W8D1 complete! I ran for 2 miles, holy crap! It is amazing what your body can do when you let it!! Feeling good :smile:

Distance: 2.16 miles
    Time: 28:27
    Avg Pace: 13:10
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Finished a couple weeks ago then got sick. Did 35 minutes (2.5 miles) last night. Still haven't broken through to 3.1 miles yet. Hopefully next week.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Options
    W4D2 completed. I cracked the 5km today.

Distance: 5.17km (3.21 miles)
    Time: 44:02
    Pace: 8:31 min/km (13:37 min/mile)
    4x3 min & 3x5 min running

Next week on to running more and walking less.

One thing though: I think I'm losing weight again. I'll observe another week or so and then eat more, being done with losing weight.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am jealous and would love to run tonight, but have a stupid business dinner instead. :(
  • smplesong
    smplesong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 complete! It's still super hard to finish the 3 minutes, but I did it. I wasn't even able to run 1 minute a few weeks ago. Feeling super proud, but I'm hoping it gets easier soon ☺
  • Aine8046
    Options
    smplesong wrote: »
    Week 3 day 2 complete! It's still super hard to finish the 3 minutes, but I did it. I wasn't even able to run 1 minute a few weeks ago. Feeling super proud, but I'm hoping it gets easier soon ☺

It is an amazing feeling, isn't it? :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I am jealous and would love to run tonight, but have a stupid business dinner instead. :(

Of course, I ate and drank too much yesterday, and got home very late... But tonight I did Week5Day3! 20 minutes of non-stop running! Was not easy, but not terribly hard :) Week 6, here I come!
  • nala3177
    Options

Of course, I ate and drank too much yesterday, and got home very late... But tonight I did Week5Day3! 20 minutes of non-stop running! Was not easy, but not terribly hard :) Week 6, here I come!

Awesome job! Doesn't it feel great to complete those longer runs!
  • nala3177
    Options

Congrats! It's so rewarding!
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »

Awesome job! Doesn't it feel great to complete those longer runs!
    It does indeed! I happened to be in an unknown park tonight and ran alone in the dusk, so it was not as comfortable as running around our neighborhood, and I went slower than usual - but I did it :)
  • smplesong
    Options

It is an amazing feeling, isn't it? :)

It is amazing. :smile: thanks for the support
  • smplesong
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »

Congrats! It's so rewarding!

Thanks!
  • HannahsMother2012
    HannahsMother2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 complete!! I'm loving it! I have a tendency to look ahead at the next couple of weeks and always scare myself. At the beginning of this week all I could think was I'll never get through week 4. After completing week 3, I can totally see how my endurance was built up and even my breathing is become more calm and natural. I'm excited to start week 4 now! My kids are sick, I'm not feeling great either. I'm sleep deprived an haven't eaten properly, but I did it! And I'm so happy I did! :) I absolutely love this program!
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Week 4 day 3 completed!!! :D I thought I leave my home (I live in a small gated community of sorts) today and do two rounds around the neighbourhood. I know the streets as I drive there once or twice a week. No problem. Well... I knew there used to be a construction site there, but the area is still in a poor shape: lots of sand, gravel, and plaster stones on the sidewalk. And random holes. Or no sidewalk at all but just soil. And cars that don't care about walkers. And an elder resident who doesn't like women in sports clothes (nothing tight) to run past his house. That was much more tiresome than I anticipated. But I made it. I did 4 rounds of 3 and 5 minute intervals and needed 50:31 minutes for 5.82km (3.62 miles). At least day 1 of week 5 should be possible. :D:D:D
  • yirara
    Options
    :o I just realized that I ran for 32 minutes today! :o
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    <3
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    second time running outside, now that the weather is more reasonable and snow is melting. I havent had fun running in a very long time and had a smile on my face most of last night. Very happy with my progress.
  • nala3177
    Options
    W7D1 Twenty five minutes! S T R A I G H T!!!!! 1.7 miles with no walking and I feel fantastic. Utterly amazed at my progress :-)