Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Just did w1d2 :D so far so good
    You'll like it! Good luck on finishing it!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Just did w1d2 :D so far so good

Congrast, well done!
  • smplesong
    smplesong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 day 1 for the second time as last week was really rough. I ran for the first time on a treadmill and it made such a difference because I was able to keep a steady pace and not go too fast
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2 today... roll on Lunchtime. Myself and colleague are going for run along the Thames in London. Can't wait, although its very windy today!!

I wish I could run on lunchtime, but I work in a creepy neighborhood... Do it in the evenings instead...

Trust me you wouldn't want to run around East London at night time haha!

Just completed Week 2 Day 3 today!!! Going to do another round tomorrow, and thats me done until Saturday or Monday morning
  • yirara
    Options
    I made it! W5D3!

Didn't want to run today, but had to do some overtime and ended up frustrated, and too late home for my circuit training. As I had to vent some frustration I went running after dinner. Did:
    5 minutes warmup / 20 minutes runnning / 5 minutes brisk walking / 8 minutes running / 2.5 minutes brisk walking / 1.41 minutes running.

YAY!!!

Running for 20 minutes was strange. I still was tired from yesterday's run (heavy legs feeling) and felt rather exhausted at 7 minutes. Things went better from there on, and at 13 minutes I was feeling euphoric for a short moment as 7 minutes left is less than the 8 minutes from yesterday. From the last 3 minutes onward I constantly checked the timer. But I made it!
  • yirara
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2 today... roll on Lunchtime. Myself and colleague are going for run along the Thames in London. Can't wait, although its very windy today!!

I wish I could run on lunchtime, but I work in a creepy neighborhood... Do it in the evenings instead...

Trust me you wouldn't want to run around East London at night time haha!

Just completed Week 2 Day 3 today!!! Going to do another round tomorrow, and thats me done until Saturday or Monday morning

Congrats ChelleBelle! Well done :smiley:
    But better take some time off running today. I know I'm crazy and don't necessarily listen to that advice, but it really is better to be well rested and then nail the next session.

East London at night sounds cozy :wink: Hey, I know a nice run from northern London all down to the Thames. Its's about 20km and it followes the course of the now gone River Fleet. I walked the route last time I was in London.

I can only offer running at night in an old-fashioned neighbourhood at 32 degrees in a Middle Eastern city.
  • Kelli_04
    Kelli_04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After doing w1d3 I decided to do the week over again. So glad I did, feeling more accomplished the second time around ;)
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just got back from w3d1! It was a ton easier than I was expecting it to be, making the jump from 90 seconds to 3 minutes running.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I made it! W5D3!

Didn't want to run today, but had to do some overtime and ended up frustrated, and too late home for my circuit training. As I had to vent some frustration I went running after dinner. Did:
    5 minutes warmup / 20 minutes runnning / 5 minutes brisk walking / 8 minutes running / 2.5 minutes brisk walking / 1.41 minutes running.

YAY!!!

Running for 20 minutes was strange. I still was tired from yesterday's run (heavy legs feeling) and felt rather exhausted at 7 minutes. Things went better from there on, and at 13 minutes I was feeling euphoric for a short moment as 7 minutes left is less than the 8 minutes from yesterday. From the last 3 minutes onward I constantly checked the timer. But I made it!
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • Aine8046
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 done! 2.5 miles in 25 minutes! 5 minute warmup and 10 minute cooldown gave me 1 more mile, so 3.5 total :)

This was not easy, I ran yesterday and my legs felt tired. But I will have no time to run for the next two days, and the weather was great today, so I just did it!

• HannahsMother2012
    HannahsMother2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Week 4, day 3 done!! I'm so proud!! I was reluctant to go today since I have a cold and am sleep deprived. I had a rough morning with a weight gain and just a bad mood. I wanted to run it out, but I was worried with my cold, that I wouldn't be able to do the run. (W4D2 for me was sooo hard!). I know I'm the type to be too hard on myself and possibly give up if I can't do something, so I didn't want to risk not being able to complete the run. Well, I went, and I did!! I love this program so much and how wonderful I feel when I finish each day!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Week 4, day 3 done!! I'm so proud!! I was reluctant to go today since I have a cold and am sleep deprived. I had a rough morning with a weight gain and just a bad mood. I wanted to run it out, but I was worried with my cold, that I wouldn't be able to do the run. (W4D2 for me was sooo hard!). I know I'm the type to be too hard on myself and possibly give up if I can't do something, so I didn't want to risk not being able to complete the run. Well, I went, and I did!! I love this program so much and how wonderful I feel when I finish each day!

Well done, I knew you could do it, you are going to be so pleased when you get to the end. You should keep a running diary and record your pre and post run thoughts. It will help you to look back and see how much you can accomplish. I look forward to reading about your successes in week 5.
  • yirara
    Options
    Phew.. I'm glad I ran yesterday instead of today as there's a massive duststorm outside. No sport until that's gone.
    Btw, I just realized I ran 2.2km during those 20 minutes. Gosh, 5k will take quite a while :smiley:
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Had a day off today, and walked down to Runners Need shop near my office in Canary Wharf... accidently came out with a lovely pair of bright pink Nikes and a Garmin 220 - thank you discount for working in Canary Wharf that i didn't know about.

Can't wait to do Week 2, Day 3 tomorrow now
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running...VERY new. In fact, I just did w1d1 last night. The app I'm using is an 8 week program, too. My son is in football, so I got him to run with me, but he won't be able to do it every run day because I share custody with his dad. I love running with him! He's only 15, but he's VERY motivating and encouraging.

It said to run or walk 1.5 miles and see how you feel. I ended up running (or rather jogging) for at about a mile of that. I think of running as fast, like there's a bear behind you. Lol

I have never been a runner! Even when I was a teenager, and was in amazing shape, I was a sprinter, but never could run for more than a couple blocks. The idea of being a runner is, strangely, crazy appealing to me. I just really want the ability to be able to run a 5K, even if I never actually enter a 5K.

My shins were a bit sore after I first started running, but it only lasted a minute or two. They are a bit sore this morning, but only if I rub or push on them. Lol. Yeah, you're thinking, "well don't push on them, stupid!" I wasn't supposed to actually start until Sunday, but I'm impatient, and I wanted to start my first day of running on the first day of the month. I can't wait till tomorrow! My next running day. It was a challenge yesterday to run more than walking, but I felt great when I was done, and this thread is so encouraging! I love it! I can't wait till I'm into those later weeks where I can run for 20 minutes too. Then I can start to say I'm a runner, too. Right now, I'm just a wannabe runner.
  • Brans34
    Options
    I'm new to running...VERY new. In fact, I just did w1d1 last night. The app I'm using is an 8 week program, too. My son is in football, so I got him to run with me, but he won't be able to do it every run day because I share custody with his dad. I love running with him! He's only 15, but he's VERY motivating and encouraging.

It said to run or walk 1.5 miles and see how you feel. I ended up running (or rather jogging) for at about a mile of that. I think of running as fast, like there's a bear behind you. Lol

I have never been a runner! Even when I was a teenager, and was in amazing shape, I was a sprinter, but never could run for more than a couple blocks. The idea of being a runner is, strangely, crazy appealing to me. I just really want the ability to be able to run a 5K, even if I never actually enter a 5K.

My shins were a bit sore after I first started running, but it only lasted a minute or two. They are a bit sore this morning, but only if I rub or push on them. Lol. Yeah, you're thinking, "well don't push on them, stupid!" I wasn't supposed to actually start until Sunday, but I'm impatient, and I wanted to start my first day of running on the first day of the month. I can't wait till tomorrow! My next running day. It was a challenge yesterday to run more than walking, but I felt great when I was done, and this thread is so encouraging! I love it! I can't wait till I'm into those later weeks where I can run for 20 minutes too. Then I can start to say I'm a runner, too. Right now, I'm just a wannabe runner.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Oh my gosh, it posted that twice! How do I delete one?
    Sorry guys! My phone is apparently very touchy!
  • yirara
    Options
    Hi Brans, and welcome here. Well done! Certainly give it at least a day rest even though you might be impatient. I know I am too. I just want to go out and do yesterday's run again because it felt so great. But besides the poor weather I'll force myself to relax my running muscles :wink:
  • Brans34
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hi Brans, and welcome here. Well done! Certainly give it at least a day rest even though you might be impatient. I know I am too. I just want to go out and do yesterday's run again because it felt so great. But besides the poor weather I'll force myself to relax my running muscles :wink:

Thanks! And I will rest. My program has every other day as a rest day. I'll still probably go to the gym tonight, but I'll stick with walking and lifting.
  • smplesong
    smplesong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 3 day 2 and it's getting easier, I was able to go faster today. Yay! I'm feeling more confident about moving to week 4 next week