Daily check in

Options

Replies

• xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started day one and the cardio kicked my butt!
    I am still really excited to do the workouts. The rainbow containers are confusing because I am so use to tracking calories.

Add me :)
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @xoveronica I think the 3 Day Quick Fix is a great way to get used to using the containers because, during those three days, you only use a few of them. I didn't think about it at the time when I was doing the 3DQF but afterwards I realized that it really helped me to figure out how to use the containers. You might want to give that a try, if your confusion lingers.
  • xoveronica
    Options
    @satiarenee thank you for the tip! That may help. I have notes everywhere making sure what needs to go in each container.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @xoveronica Perhaps this will help as well: http://thefitnessfocus.com/21-day-fix/sample-meal-plan-grocery-shopping-list-21-day-fix Look at the shopping list where the person has color coded the foods. If you print this and put it up on your refrigerator, it should make figuring out where to put the food easier. :smile:
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @xoveronica post any questions you have here, we're all here to help each other. It is a bit overwhelming in the beginning.
  • xoveronica
    Options
    Thank you guys for your help! That grocery list is wonderful! Is it hard to track calories here and then count containers? I'm using it has a measurement for foods I can eat during the day.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been doing both. Mainly because I'm really serious how I fall within the calorie goals. It's been pretty spot on for me. A bit under but I feel very satisfied.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    xoveronica I was doing both at first but I find tracking food here on MFP so tedious (mostly because my husband and I love to try new recipes and rarely eat the same things from one week to the next) that I am just relying on the containers and doing quite well. Doing both did show me that I was falling within my caloric goal while still feeling full most of the time.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day 8 here - the scale only showed a 1.2 loss for my first week :( During the week I was up to 2.6 loss. But I took my measurements and I am down over 3 inches so that will help keep me motivated I guess. A little sad about the loss. I am a "gotta see the scale go down" kinda girl. Even though I feel great
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 I think the numbers on the scale didn't impress me until week three. But the inches definitely were a motivator!

Day 1 Round 2 and I wish I hadn't take a week off. My balance was really bad today, so that didn't help. Still, I had to put the heavier weights down for some of the exercises so I already lost a bit of my strength momentum in that one week.

I also did the PiYo DVD for today. It's mostly instructional, walking you through the alignment and such of particular poses (which is probably why it's called "align"). I need to make sure I have a chair nearby tomorrow. I'll definitely need the balance support for the PiYo, no doubt about it.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Day 1 here, I prepped on Saturday and I think as long as I can get a couple hours over the weekend to prep I think I totally can do this! Planning weekend meals is and will always be a challenge for me with the husband and picky boys (along with camping). I think as long as I have portioned fruits and veggies for snacks ready I will be fine. Dinners don't seem as hard as I thought they would be I just have to plan in advance and modify them for me. I am a creature of habit so breakfast, snacks and lunch will be the same during the work week.

Breakfast - 2 HB Eggs, Strawberries (1R, 1P)
    Snack - Cucumbers, 2TB homemade Ranch dip w/ Greek Yogurt (1G)
    Lunch - Brown Rice , Chicken, Brussels Sprouts (1Y, 1R, 1G)
    Snack - Orange, Protein Shake (1P, 1R)
    Dinner - 1R ground Venison w/ homemade taco seasoning, 1G Romaine lettuce, 1Y Black Beans, 1B shredded cheese and 1O dressing if needed.

Workouts will not be 21DF since I am training for multiple races.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @skingszoo I think planning ahead really does make all the difference in the world. Before, I would just sort of grab what was handy or convenient. Not that we had unhealthy food in the house (my husband and I both love to cook) but I would reach for the same thing every time. Now I find myself mixing things up a bit more. It helps to know what I have allotted throughout the day and be able to plan accordingly.

What races are you training for?
  • skingszoo
    Options
    @SatiaRenee Yes I agree! Also saved on the grocery bill a little too and so nice to already know what's for supper (that way hubby can start cooking before I get off work too). I have a half marathon on 4/19 and then a 5K on the night of 6/5 and a half marathon the next morning on 6/6, then a full marathon on 9/12. I am still hopeful I can get registered for a 50K in October as well :)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Did Upper Body Fix today followed with PiYo Define: Lower Body. I still can't do many push-ups, even on my knees (bad knees) so I am just doing push-outs.

Did I say "just"? When I went to take off my sweaty shirt, my shoulders were feeling it! Definitely got a workout today. Whew!
  • skingszoo
    Options
    Day 2: All food for work is prepped and ready. Dinner is planned and in the fridge marinating. Grilled Greek chicken with Greek yogurt (1R) on a whole grain pita (1Y) with tomatoes and cucumbers (1/2G), crumbled feta (1B) and grilled asparagus on the side (1G).

Day 1: Walked to and from the gym and warmed up/cooled down for a total of 1 mile and ran 3 miles on the treadmill.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Day #9 for me! Looking forward to Upper Fix later today! I feel great, the scale doesn't prove it though. I hate that, I am such a scale girl. It is a good thing I took my measurements or I would have given up already.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @skingszoo Awesome! Sounds delicious!

@dkwi04 I'm glad I took my measurements too because I am too often attached to the numbers on the scale. But the first time I went through 21DF, I could "feel" a difference even if the scale wasn't showing anything. Kept me motivated for sure.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me. My legs are really sore so I'm glad today was upper body fix. I took my measurements yesterday and was pretty shocked at the high numbers. I'm also a daily weigher but I will wait till the end to measure again. Scale was down 1.7 today!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @cupcake570 I had such a hard time not taking my measurements towards the end of the second week. I was just so curious. I was seeing some improvement in the numbers on the scale but nothing too thrilling. (The last few days of week three they seemed to just melt away.) I was amazed when I saw my measurements though. Glad I resisted the temptation to check them before day 21. Definitely worth the wait!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 3 and I am feeling it EVERYWHERE! My forearms, deltoids, shoulders are stiff. Today, my legs felt like jelly by the time I'd finished PiYo. I was able to use my heavy weights throughout 21 Day Fix. Tomorrow I face the dreaded Pilates Fix and do the PiYo Sweat workout for the first time. I was dripping sweat today. So much so that it was getting into my eyes and up my nose as I inhaled. Ugh. I think I need to buy a sweat band or maybe just some bandanas. I hate the feeling of sweat but I love the aftereffects of sweating so I'll suffer through the grossness to someday look in the mirror and once again like what I see!