100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    mslesam wrote: »
    Hi y'all
    Went to the Dr today for my 2 month diabetes check. Happy to report that I no longer need insulin. A1C is down from 7.2 to 6.1! My blood pressure meds have been reduced by half because my blood pressure is actually low.

Can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this. I celebrated by buying a few new clothes. Jeans and tops both two sizes smaller!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day

Congratulations! That is really an accomplishment! To be off and lower meds is really a victory! ;)
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did catch the cold. I was low on veggies so wanted to run to the store. Because I've been walking daily (and taking my doggies!!!), the dogs now assume...if mom wears tennis shoes, WE GET TO GO! I love them, but I didn't feel well. How can I turn down four happy loving fur-balls. So, I took them for a shorter walk than usual, but they were pleased. Then I got my veggies. Dogs are napping, so I am going to join them. gkv4holicfua.jpg

Sorry you caught a cold! Hope you feel better! Love the pictures of your daughter &Furbabies! My two dogs(16 yrs.) are flaked out on the floor. That is their favorite position. I can be on the computer, however it is hard getting active things done! They bark at me to sit, so they can lay out! Had some fresh veggies I was craving and waiting for the bad weather here in really humid Alabama! I am on a plateau also, but it is fine! That next loss is brand new territory I have not seen for a decade! Stay cozy, and we will keep on plan! Jan (higherthantheskye-old NS)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jan (Buttons61)! I'm thinking the oral surgery I had recently is getting infected...that's where it hurts, plus my left ear (next to the problem tooth).

Congrats on approaching new weight loss territory!!! Keep up the good work. That's exciting! I am back down to what I was last summer, so that's a relief. Looking ahead, I haven't been under 200 in more than 30 years! So, that will be monumental for me.

I love that your doggies tell YOU when to sit and stay...mine do too. I'm in TX and we've been having thunderstorms the last 2 nights...all my fur-kids are frightened of storms, so they all cuddle SUPER-CLOSE! That's cool. I am here to protect them!

take care, Val
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Val - you walk all 4 of your furkids at the same time? How do you not hopelessly get tangled?
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Val - you walk all 4 of your furkids at the same time? How do you not hopelessly get tangled?

Most of the time, I choose to walk them in pairs...the Bobsie Twins (Lucy & Duke) together, and then the giant and micro-dog (Oscar & Spike) together. Mostly because Lucy & Duke can and want to go for much longer walks. Oscar can't go too far...his previous owner chained him outside for 3 years...fleas, ticks, and he got Lymme's Disease and she didn't get him treatment. That caused permanent joint pain and lameness for him. So, he and Spike (both 9 years old) usually go on shorter walks. Duke and Lucy are bouncy energetic 5-year olds.

When I walk all four together, everyone has a certain spot. I maintain that to prevent tangling. But...the first few times taking all 4 was very comical!!!!!!! :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Val- LOL, I was going to ask the same thing about walking all your dogs!. I am so impressed, you are the pack leader! My bunch really get away with a lot because they are so old! (my excuse!). Sorry Oscar was not taken care of properly, doesn't that make you mad? Don't let your problem if it is a tooth go too long! I hope it isn't, it is so hard to tell. Hope it gets better.

Shirl-Glad you made it here! Everyone seemed to be looking for you!

Shirl and Jane- Beautiful pictures of you both! I have not had the courage! Maybe I can work on that with diet! :/
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan - I'm feeling much worse today...still in my jammies (no walk for anyone...we do have a fenced yard, so the fur-babies are fine, and they have run of the house too!). My tooth, throat and ear hurt. I'll go to the doc tomorrow and call the dentist as an FYI. (THANKS!)

When I found out what she did to Oscar, I was stunned and infuriated. When I picked him up, seeing his condition, I had no idea if he'd even live the whole drive back to Texas...but he was safe with Em and me to love him and care for him. He had nightmares for about 6 months after we re-claimed him. I put a twin mattress on the floor (his hips don't allow him to jump on the bed, and even the cinderblock stairs up to the bed are usually too hard on him). I slept with him for those 6 months on his bed, holding him and rubbing his belly while he cried. No nightmares since...and he's been HOME now for 3 years! He's the happiest, lovie-est dog. I told the Indiana shelter where I had volunteered to put her on the DO NOT ADOPT list and specifically why. I told her "NEVER get another dog, ever!" Since it's a small town, there's only one vet...I got his records. That's where I learned the specifics of her abuse of him. The neighbors would take him off the chain and to the vet when 'free roaming' children would hit him with rocks and sticks...he was on a chain with no way to escape and no protection. It was a horrible situation for him. The neighbors had taken him in when she refused to treat for Lymme's Disease. (When she adopted him, she told the shelter she was having her yard fenced so he could run around and that he would be an inside house dog...clearly not the truth.) Only God knows her actual heart and deeds...I'll leave her in his hands...but I guarantee that Oscar receives only gentleness and as much love as possible! That's what I can do.
  • jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Shirl-Glad you made it here! Everyone seemed to be looking for you!

Shirl and Jane- Beautiful pictures of you both! I have not had the courage! Maybe I can work on that with diet! :/ [/quote]

Thank you for the photo comments. It was taken at my daughters baby shower in January, before NS. Hope to post another this summer. I started NS March 9 and to date have lost 14 lbs..hoping for my 15 tomorrow at weigh in.
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Val-So glad you are there for Oscar. I do not understand how people can do what they sometimes do to animals. Oscar looks like a big teddy bear for snuggles. Glad he has your family now! Glad you are going to the Doc! Hope you are not in tornado warning!Take care!

Jane- You have really done a great job losing those lbs! Makes me realize I need to exercise more! :)

RedRockRider- great job reducing your B/P meds!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan - I'm feeling much worse today...still in my jammies (no walk for anyone...we do have a fenced yard, so the fur-babies are fine, and they have run of the house too!). My tooth, throat and ear hurt. I'll go to the doc tomorrow and call the dentist as an FYI. (THANKS!)

When I found out what she did to Oscar, I was stunned and infuriated. When I picked him up, seeing his condition, I had no idea if he'd even live the whole drive back to Texas...but he was safe with Em and me to love him and care for him. He had nightmares for about 6 months after we re-claimed him. I put a twin mattress on the floor (his hips don't allow him to jump on the bed, and even the cinderblock stairs up to the bed are usually too hard on him). I slept with him for those 6 months on his bed, holding him and rubbing his belly while he cried. No nightmares since...and he's been HOME now for 3 years! He's the happiest, lovie-est dog. I told the Indiana shelter where I had volunteered to put her on the DO NOT ADOPT list and specifically why. I told her "NEVER get another dog, ever!" Since it's a small town, there's only one vet...I got his records. That's where I learned the specifics of her abuse of him. The neighbors would take him off the chain and to the vet when 'free roaming' children would hit him with rocks and sticks...he was on a chain with no way to escape and no protection. It was a horrible situation for him. The neighbors had taken him in when she refused to treat for Lymme's Disease. (When she adopted him, she told the shelter she was having her yard fenced so he could run around and that he would be an inside house dog...clearly not the truth.) Only God knows her actual heart and deeds...I'll leave her in his hands...but I guarantee that Oscar receives only gentleness and as much love as possible! That's what I can do.

HI Val
    I am amazed that someone could do that. It makes You wonder why they even want a pet. The other thing it makes me wonder is if they treat kids any better.

You must have so much patience and Love in Your heart.

I have had infections after some dentist visits so You may be on to something there.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thx everyone for the nice comments n encouragement for my healthy. I had been gargling w salt water, n putting a warm compress on my jaw. I felt fine today, so didn't go to doc. Still feeling good. :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Val- Glad you are feeling better!

Preparing for more rain. I think mushrooms are growing in my yard. Today is Yoga day! I can't wait! :)
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of restart. I have 120 or lbs to lose so it's gonna be awhile. lol Hopefully I can stick to it this time. Have a good day everyone!
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Day 2 of restart. I have 120 or lbs to lose so it's gonna be awhile. lol Hopefully I can stick to it this time. Have a good day everyone!
    I get a lot of encouragement logging on here and reading people's successes even just one day at a time! It's a great help!
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a dr. appointment Friday morning. I'm starting to have pain in my left knee. I've actually felt like I've had *something* going on for awhile now, but I've been having pain ever since I got back from Florida in Jan. (my mother had a stroke late last year, I was there visiting and stayed for three weeks.) I'm wondering if I *woke something up* by going from a warm climate to a cold climate.

When I wake up in the morning, the pain is excruciating! No OTC pain reliever helps. But....the more I walk around, the less it hurts, and in fact the one day I walked on a treadmill last week, it really wasn't hurting at ALL. I really hope I'm not heading down the road of needing knee replacement at some point. Hopefully weight loss will solve the problem I'm having. :(

52750196.png
  • jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Val- glad you are feeling better- congrats on the weight loss!
    Terri70- welcome
    Lisa in Arlington- maybe the weightloss and moving will help. I can sympathize as I have similar problems with knees and back. I have the sciatic nerve problem, so I keep stretching and hoping the more weight I lose the better.
    Have a good Tuesday- enjoying my Cheddar broccoli Rice at lunch- forgot my spinach to put in it though.
    Jane
    88599898.png
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    surprising that movement helps pain - but it really does.

lurking - nothing to add. Have a great rest of the week.
  • hope4change_val
    Options

Hi Terri, I'll be here with you...I'm down 27 pounds, but still have about 100 to go. When I was starting, I took it one meal at a time. I found the NS structure and preparation extremely helpful to get me going on the right foot. Then, I got more comfortable and confident and started thinking one day at a time. I still have to stay focused, but it is becoming a very comfortable and rewarding routine. I know what foods to back for my snacks and lunch, and I have dinner 90% ready when I get home. I'm now having fun expanding how I dress up the NS food (so far, not really fancy, just I enjoy a diced bell pepper added to the chili, or a pack of mushrooms on my baked pizza), or eggplant slices added to the lasagna).

We have wonderful people here to share our questions, concerns, and successes with. So, keep up the good work! Take care, Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    surprising that movement helps pain - but it really does.

lurking - nothing to add. Have a great rest of the week.

Hi Shirl, You are a lovely person! Hope you have a super week.
    I agree, it does seem contradictory that movement would help when you're in pain (in many circumstances).
    Take care, Val
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Hi Terri, I'll be here with you...I'm down 27 pounds, but still have about 100 to go. When I was starting, I took it one meal at a time. I found the NS structure and preparation extremely helpful to get me going on the right foot. Then, I got more comfortable and confident and started thinking one day at a time. I still have to stay focused, but it is becoming a very comfortable and rewarding routine. I know what foods to back for my snacks and lunch, and I have dinner 90% ready when I get home. I'm now having fun expanding how I dress up the NS food (so far, not really fancy, just I enjoy a diced bell pepper added to the chili, or a pack of mushrooms on my baked pizza), or eggplant slices added to the lasagna).

We have wonderful people here to share our questions, concerns, and successes with. So, keep up the good work! Take care, Val

Hi Val! Thanks. I've been "around" for about 5 years. I don't think I've taken NS very seriously before. I did lose 75 lbs about 2 or 3 years ago, but gained it all back plus some when my "heart" dog passed away. I was devastated and just totally let myself go. I am way more into losing this time.

I walked out this morning without packing any food (still trying to get into the groove). So I walked up to the college convenience store and got some 0% milk, fruit cups and a specialK breakfast bar. I'm going home at lunch so I'll be able to get the rest then. I felt so silly forgetting my stuff. Ugh! Learn from your experiences, right? lol

Have a great day!