Did you run today?

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I have completely blown off the running since the weather has been so good for cycling! I will run today, though!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci I'm too lazy to go back and look. What was the milage on your last run before you started your taper?

I'm supposed to do 12 this weekend. Contemplating doing 10 instead, since I'm comfortable with that... i did 11 a few weeks back, but that's my longest run to date. I'm assuming race day excitement and energy will haul me thru...
  • poke987
    Options
    @FireStorm1972 neither a sleeve type nor a hinged knee brace helped my IT band pain. Stretching and time off.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    poke987 wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci I'm too lazy to go back and look. What was the milage on your last run before you started your taper?

I'm supposed to do 12 this weekend. Contemplating doing 10 instead, since I'm comfortable with that... i did 11 a few weeks back, but that's my longest run to date. I'm assuming race day excitement and energy will haul me thru...

I did 12 miles 2 weeks before race day and 6 miles the week before race day.

wq3slb6nyk8i.jpg
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I ran my last long run before my half. 9 miles in 1 hr 44. Getting excited but nervous for race day on the 3rd!
    Oh this weekend, let us know how it went.

• GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @FireStorm1972 - I will do. Aiming for 2:30 which I should be able to just about hit if I can maintain a good pace
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I ran in the gym yesterday because the wind hasn't let up, and I'm tired of dealing with 20 mph gusts. 6 miles in 59:24. I got compliments from a couple of people in the gym about my running style and pace.
  • poke987
    Options
    3 miles on the treadmill since we had to go to the y for swim lessons anyhow in 28:35
  • FireStorm1972
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5k in 29:30 8)
    I comming back 8)
    About 1 or 2 min off pace.
  • gabella0603
    gabella0603 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    4 miles in 40 min.
    one last training run remaining.

@FireStorm1972 it looks like you'll be more than alright by race day.

@Just_Ceci those compliments must feel really good.
  • Just_Ceci
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Just_Ceci those compliments must feel really good.

The best thing was the guy who said, "It doesn't hurt that you are a tiny little thing." He was astonished when I told him this tiny little thing was borderline morbidly obese a relatively short time ago.

I ran 5k yesterday around my neighborhood, even though I really didn't want to do anything. I always feel better afterward!
    ETA: 29:35
  • poke987
    Options
    Same 5 mile loop as I did last week, only in reverse. 5.27 miles in 51:44. Last time felt much more difficult, I felt good tonight so I was startled to see my average splits were 9:49 vs 9:55 last week. Humm. Felt so much easier, I assumed I was running "better" (faster) but clearly not much. Interesting.

@Just_Ceci I completely understand that awe, when complemented or what not. My OB (while talking about weight gain) referred to me as being on the "low side of average" I had to look around. "ME?" "Is he really referring to me?!" It's hard to believe... sometimes my brain isn't in line with my new size.... it's like I haven't always mentally caught up to my new body. Like when someone refers to me as a runner. I'm like "nah!" But then hubby reminds me that throwing down 10 miles on a weekend morning isn't "normal!"
  • gabella0603
    Options
    @poke987 you are definitely a runner! Plus, you ran 6 seconds slower than last week, but it felt really good and your baby probably weighs another 1/2 pound more? He or she is taking up more space? I think you were running better for sure.

I figured out I have peroneal tendonitis. Sadness. Compression socks are helping some, but I will be picking up KT tape as well (now that I know what that stuff is called). Probably will need to rest a bit after the HM and not run for a few weeks. Ugh. Was planning to launch into a nice continued base until starting to train for Nov. HM in June. Have my eye on a 2:10 finish for that one.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    10.13K in 1:05:16. And knees feel great, well for the time being LOL. I think I may have found the reason for my knee pain , possibly bad form when I came back running after 3 weeks off. I noticed I was landing more on my heal, so a heal to toe stride rather than my normal mid foot landing then toe. My mind is becoming more at ease as I progress back to normal. Although my heart rate is still a tad more than I like it to be while on pace but I can deal with that with a quick walk break here and there 8). You all are doing GREAT!!. Head wind was nast on the 5k back LOL . I just chalk it up to resistance training LOL.
  • poke987
    Options
    3 miles on the treadmill 29:45. Have I mentioned that I hate the treadmill?

Last long run before taper is this weekend. I'll do 12... hopefully!

@FireStorm1972 glad the knee was better and it's all coming together.

@gabella0603 thanks for the encouragement! Sorry to hear about the issue, hope it gets better soon! I know it's hard to have a challenge knock you off plan.
  • FireStorm1972
    Options
    same here last long run tomorrow. will start carb loading late next week just incase.
    @gabella0603 , good luck and keep us posted this weekend please. YOU GOT THIS!!
  • FireStorm1972
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Last long run. 13K 1:23:30. Lots of traffic on the road early in the morning LOL. Not pushing a 18K+ this weekend. Don't want to wreak my knees. looks like im averaging just under 6:30/Km, not to bad, some splits are under 6min some just under 7min.
  • poke987
    Options
    @gabella0603 hope it went well today!

Hubby had some things he needed to get done today, so i couldn't sneak out. I owe 12 miles tomorrow! Had a big spaghetti dinner tonight... you know, carb loading and all!!
  • gabella0603
    Options
    I have to say that La Crosse, Wisconsin, puts on a great event. Lots of volunteers, so many people lining the streets & cheering, and lots of cowbells! It was 59F at the start and bright, full sun - it got hot by the end. I finished at 2:16:06. The post-race beer never tasted so good!

I started last week thinking the best I could do was 2:33 (secretly hoping for 2:20). At 10pm Friday night after hanging with my cousins all evening, I decided I had 2:15 in me. Crazy since I started from the couch just at the end of January, 25 pounds overweight (now only 4 pounds overweight), and following Jeff Galloway's run/walk plan. Even in the beginning of April, I was just hoping to finish. Well, I missed my 2:15 last-minute goal, but I'm happy. I made a few mistakes that probably cost me that minute as I started fighting chills at mile 10, so I definitely didn't hydrate well enough given the weather and I dressed a bit too warmly. But, really, I have nothing to complain about. The training works. But, I think I've revised my November goal to 2:00-2:05! ha!

I'm excited to hear about everyone else's runs next weekend! @poke987 & @FireStorm1972 you sound like you're well on your way to great race. Enjoy the carbo-loading! :smile:
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first HM in 2:24:00. Went in hoping for a 2:30 so I am super thrilled