Quarterly Posts Ending June 30, 2015.

Options

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody. Thank you so much for setting up this group, and providing access to us NS refugees. I just came back to NS in March 2015 after a few years hiatus, so I should introduce myself. Thanks for posting the official announcement. Wow. May 11 - next monday!! I was wondering if they were getting rid of the chat with the dietitian. guess they are! I always found that helpful.
    I'll try to be supportive and helpful, like the other lovely people posting useful information. in the meantime, i have been copying some really great posts from the BB.
    BTW, my name is Susan. sneuffer330 is the username i ended up with on MFP.
    Talk to you soon. Sending love and support to you all!!

Susan--Welcome! We look forward to your posting with us. Those who used the boards and found them useful will not go down without finding alternatives such as this. Together, we can!!
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to add a photo to the NS Refugees site. Any ideas or tips? I've tried every option I can find on the site but nothing seems to work.

You can't do a "quick reply" I don't think. I just successfully posted a picture. I hit "reply", then "add attachment" and then it gives you a new window to browse your files for the photo. Then hit "done". Really easy.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I'm trying to slowly get "back on the wagon". I had a smart ones breakfast and NS ravioli and peas for dinner. Still using up leftovers at lunch time so that wasn't "on plan" by any stretch of the imagination.

I apparently managed to somehow screw up my a la carte order. I thought I deleted the Select 10 because of concerns about freezer space but apparently I didn't. So I'll be organizing my freezer today or tomorrow. Not that that's a bad thing!!!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--Great photo for your avatar. I guess I'm too old to change!! Have fun making room for the Select 10 order.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Jean, I'm not sure what the problem is, exactly. I just get a message titled "error 1" but I don't understand what the problem is. I wanted to use the same picture I'm using here for my avitar.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Pam, I think I sent you a message.

Doctor's appointment was routine today; just the primary doctor. I work tomorrow subbing again for the chemistry and physics teacher.
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've had my breakfast of Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with blueberries. My work bag is packed with a Pure Protein bar, apple and Greek Yogurt. I'm off to sub in chemistry and physics classes.
  • lmorriss302
    lmorriss302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my friend from Nutriwalkers suggested this might be a good, smaller group to join. I'm Linda, also a retired librarian and proudly owned by 3 cats. I've lost 42 pounds since I started NS last June, now hovering close to goal. I am finding the changeover to MFP confusing and a little overwhelming, glad to find an exchange point to help keep me focused on staying on program. I find the tracking tools here on MFP good for the most part (FitBit linking didn't work out well for me), will need to build habits of checking in daily like I did on the retiring NS site.
    Going to the fitness center for at least a brief 30 minute workout--better than none!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Well, my NS order is on a fed ex truck to be delivered today. I have no confidence ordering won't be screwed up so I decided to go ahead and do an order.

I've just been downstairs going through the freezer, organizing and bringing some stuff upstairs to make room for the Select 10. No excuse now not to get back on track.

We have our annual client seminar tomorrow so I need to hide today and get ready! I am going to print out my outline really large. My eyes are somewhat better but I'm still concerned about seeing the outline.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Hi everyone, my friend from Nutriwalkers suggested this might be a good, smaller group to join. I'm Linda, also a retired librarian and proudly owned by 3 cats. I've lost 42 pounds since I started NS last June, now hovering close to goal. I am finding the changeover to MFP confusing and a little overwhelming, glad to find an exchange point to help keep me focused on staying on program. I find the tracking tools here on MFP good for the most part (FitBit linking didn't work out well for me), will need to build habits of checking in daily like I did on the retiring NS site.
    Going to the fitness center for at least a brief 30 minute workout--better than none!

42 pounds is FANTASTIC!!!

I feel scattered because I've got 7 different "new" sites bookmarked. Ms. OCD here is having problems with all this. BUT it will get better. I'm sure.
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2015
    Options
    At the risk of asking a stupid question how does MFP make money? Is there something for sale here somewhere. I'm not seeing all that many ads.
  • Anemic_Oak
    Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Decisions_zps4834101e.jpg

Testing to see if my signature works

weight.png

• Anemic_Oak
    Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    I feel scattered. The cat group seems to be moving to delphi (which I admit was my suggestion). You guys are here. I like the format of the NS refugees board and see familiar faces. So I have everything bookmarked and hopefully won't lose anyone!

What is delphi?
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    __AmyW__ wrote: »
    I feel scattered. The cat group seems to be moving to delphi (which I admit was my suggestion). You guys are here. I like the format of the NS refugees board and see familiar faces. So I have everything bookmarked and hopefully won't lose anyone!

What is delphi?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/NSkittehs
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Just joined. Trying to join as many NS groups as possible! I'm Chalmation14 on NS.
    At the risk of asking a stupid question how does MFP make money? Is there something for sale here somewhere. I'm not seeing all that many ads.
    Just this week I've started to see an offer for MFP Premium. I've been here since 2011/2012 and this is the first time I've ever seen a paid option. Under Armour recently bought MFP so maybe that's why.

As far as ads, I know they run at the top under the big blue rows and to the side. But I'm running Ad Block on my browser so I don't see them.

2HyQ.gif
    psvcevyuAVQiU
    nkeuyrrnfuybo6nd553bz
    NS
    Lose 5
    NS Refugees
    Nutribuddies
    NS Group Users
    Dump That Rump
    Onward and Downward

kjbnykg Chalmation
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cindy--Welcome! We can't have too much support. Your signature looks as if you will have a lot of support---and also success.

I briefly saw an offer for MFP Premium but didn't explore it.

I'm exhausted. I'll be in the chem, physics and physical science classes for the rest of the week. I was still tired from the bladder cancer procedure and the trip before this. I came home tonight and thought I would go to bed to read and rest but fell asleep. I guess I'll have a light dinner and now stay up late before going to bed at Midnight. That 6am wake up call will come all too early.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    yfr259f7ivqh.jpg
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Amy--Great signature and also progress! Keep up the great work, one day at a day!!!
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options

I just noticed some small adds in the form of banners at the bottom and top of the page as well as side bar. I tend to tune that stuff out, unless it has just started showing up.
  • lmorriss302
    lmorriss302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel scattered too, unsure if and how I will keep up with NS buddies.

Well, I certainly do get LOTS of adds in my MFP pages/feeds so I think they are making some profits that way. Today a big one for FitBit.

I just changed my NS plan from the regular shipments (already forgot what's called) to A La Carte, and put in an order on May 2nd, hoping to receive the box before I leave on vacation toward the end of the month. Fingers crossed. NS has really worked for me when nothing else ever did, so I do want this all to work out.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Linda